Spoiler One Piece Spoiler Hints Discussion

Tonix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
633
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, sure. But that's not the same as iva being a cladding user. Iva did as well as anyone in the executive tier at the war though I suppose it's possible the next time he appears he is showcased above most executives.
Cladding was just also not really a full fleshed out concept at Marineford, and it was a way rarer trait than it is now.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,311
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Cladding was just also not really a full fleshed out concept at Marineford, and it was a way rarer trait than it is now.
It wasn't fleshed out to us readers and it is unknowable what oda had in mind at that point. Personally I think oda cheated at this point in the story and actively misrepresented haki to us readers to not give away information before he got into it during luffy's training. I suppose his reasoning could have been something like preferring to not explain haki while other stuff was going on. For example, the admirals IIRC used their haki to stop an attack from WB earlier in the arc. I think we can safely say this was conqueror haki rather than emission (which is what some of us assumed when emission was explained).
 
Top