Seinen Onepunch Man by ONE & Yuusuke Murata

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I haven posted anything for some time and would like to know how the info that comes from the original and hasn't being already relealed in the redrawn version is handled here? I haven't read the original comic and don't want to read spoilers. Please. Thanks in advance.
As ONE's series is ahead of Murata's please simply label and include any discussion regarding the Webtoon in spoiler tags.
 

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Nice long chapter. It will be interesting to see about what are they talking about.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
75 is out on MS
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The off-panel was disappointing but it was still badass. Gouketsu did have 2 fights already though it would have been nice to see him go at full - not that fighting Saitama would make a difference in that regard. The 'fight' was probably done this way for Suiryuu's development as well
 

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Early in the morning :3c .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We got new hero and new disciple.
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
These are the types of chapters that really ground you into OPM's parody. One & Murata spend chapters on end building up the villains power, and, in the end, it means nothing in the face of Saitama's unlimited strength lol.

Upon reading the spoilers, I was disappointed at Gouketsu being down so quickly, and off paneled no less, but then I looked at it from the perspective of the parody, and came to the conclusion it was more my inner Shonen fanboy that wanted to see more of Gouketsu. :XD Other than Garou and Boros, OPM does not really give that much characterization to its villains, because that is the point of the joke. There will always be more villains of varying strengths, but when all's said and done, Saitama will beat them all, with one punch (minus a few) at that lol. That being said, the chapter was hilarious, and Saitama shows once again he is the perfect MC for this type of series. I am also looking forward to Suiryu returning at some point down the road as a hero, this was nice development for him.
 
Last edited:

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Maybe we will see some kind of between Saitama and Gouketsu .
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Last page has to be the best page, I really dig the OPM humor
Well, I believe now we'll focus a bit on what Garou is doing... Been a long time since we saw him, I suppose also the Hero association will locate the villains HQ soon
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,367
Gender
Male
Country
France
Early in the morning :3c .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We got new hero and new disciple.
A potential new hero, but no new disciple :heh.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well as expected, Gouketsu went down easily. You know, I don't think we or the (characters in the manga) will ever fully grasp Saitama's strength. It always seems the monster will be strong enough to be a serious challenge....always wrong haha. I absolutely love Saitama giving them a beatdown, and the expressions when he proves his overwhelming strength time and time again.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
These are the types of chapters that really ground you into OPM's parody. One & Murata spend chapters on end building up the villains power, and, in the end, it means nothing in the face of Saitama's unlimited strength lol.
I think I have to agree with that; I was disappointed in how quickly it all seemed to end but in hindsight it makes sense.

Saitama turning down Suiryu at the end was hilarious though, but I'm glad that Suiryu has seen that being a hero isn't all just fun and games; and it's more than just being physically strong. In that regards, Mumen Rider is a fine example.
 

SnailBeast

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
109
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Kinda short one
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Saitama finally realizes that there must be something out there that csn truly satisfy him. Now that he knows it's an issue, he needs to find that purpose.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Puri Puri's phone :lmao

I guess Saitama's feeling guilty to some extent, since he gained nothing doing what he wants to do, while others are going down. Perhaps he'll find a purpose like Suiryu did.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Puri Puri's phone :lmao

I guess Saitama's feeling guilty to some extent, since he gained nothing doing what he wants to do, while others are going down. Perhaps he'll find a purpose like Suiryu did.
Well I do not know why he would feel that, guess he did not realize he killed two of the toughest bosses that beat everyone. Hence he did not know of his own value in the scene there. Anyways, the best part for me was the phone ring as well. :XD
 

Xguard

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
268
Reaction score
106
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I dont think PuriPuri Prisoner defeat monster with hug lol
It must be his/her 3rd arm that beat it because (s)he hug it with ...love lolllll
 

uchiha_albert

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
12
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Paraguay
brace yourelves watchdog vs garou it's coming next chapter
Garou is getting his ass handed by an expressionless man in a dog suit XDDDDDD. I Just love this story
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
brace yourelves watchdog vs garou it's coming next chapter
Garou is getting his ass handed by an expressionless man in a dog suit XDDDDDD. I Just love this story


Well I think this fight will end with Garou learns Watchdog moves and counters him ( it would explain later Watchdog absence in one event ) but we will see I won't be surprised by either of them winning this.

@Aizen you know how long I waited for this moment
 
Last edited:

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States


Well I think this fight will end with Garou learns Watchdog moves and counters him ( it would explain later Watchdog absence in one event ) but we will see I won't be surprised by either of them winning this.

@Aizen you know how long I waited for this moment
I am with you Vici. All hail ONE and Murata for this
Cannot wait to see this fight.
 
Top