I haven posted anything for some time and would like to know how the info that comes from the original and hasn't being already relealed in the redrawn version is handled here? I haven't read the original comic and don't want to read spoilers. Please. Thanks in advance.
Hmmm I think I know why did they lost against Garou it's quite simple aside from fact that they're shite
They are also idiots as well Having a backup of S class Hero available all this time and don't use it ??.. Ok I know a thirst for revenge etc. but common sense tells you to use all at your disposal especially if you know how formidable the opponent is...
I don't think that Garou stand any chance against S class hero from the top ( I don't count joke S class like ) when they aren't at any disadvantage so I don't see him doing much against Genos here either Garou probably will run away again like a little girl again or being saved by Bang or M.A
Garou will probably surpass S class when he will become Monster ( either Forced or by his own will but it's pretty obvious he will go this route himself after he will lose another fight ).
It's time to put out the call. As you may or may not be aware the Manga War are raging and, of course, One Punch-man is fighting valiantly but I fear it won't be enough. We're trying to turn back the rising tide of Yakusoku no Neverland fans, and their systematic rejection of fun, but things are looking grim my friends. We want heroes to stand for justice!
Holy...Genos Vs Garou, though the latter is in very terrible state. TBH, the ending is just about the only thing I liked about this chapter. Not on board with how easily Garou wrecked the heroes considering his current state. There's a little part of it that seems logical given that he had pretty much complete Intel and vastly outmatched then individually, but they did have pretty perfect teamwork, and no matter how slight, it should have counted for something. Rather disappointing in the end, he seemed cornered or at least in for a fight last chapter but he completely tore them apart this one. It wasn't even slightly close
It's weird that Genos is going to attempt to defeat Garou himself, I would have thought he would let his master fight him, since Saitama has stated his desire to beat up Garou himself.
The fighting sequence was beautiful and smooth, a pleasure to look at. I have fav panels: the cover page, where Garou reminds me of berserker Evangelion (lol), p. 17 on MS where he's hidden himself behind that huge ball just as Wild Horn destroys it, Garou's face when Death Gatling decides to stop trying to capture him alive (I think he looks hurt or sad), and then p. 35 when Glasses decides to fight Garou head on (the Saitama vibes are strong with this one), and every panel where Glasses gets brutally beaten up, because Strong Motivation Power Ups don't work magic... and p.39 when Garou destroys Stinger, because the scene is so dynamic it's scary.
And then we have Garou who's a bit touched in the head, I don't claim to understand him, but he still owns Death Gatling when he says "you denounced the hero rankings, but you care about them more than anyone", because that's the truth. And more proof that Licenseless Rider is a role model hero.
Buuuut I don't like how the poison magically stopped working... After the fight he's worried about his wounds and he's thirsty, but he's not drugged at all.
...maybe it hints at his monster transformation. Also, p. 56 looks suspicious, maybe the kid saw him transforming already...
Not sure how given how weak Garou is right now but I just feel like historically speaking Genos doesn't fight tough opponents. Genos loses to tough opponents. It is what he does.
I liked the chapter really; though I can understand many disliking how easily Garou defeated the heroes. I loved it; he clearly is a genius fighter and using the hero guidebook to his advantage and the heroes' egos against them.
Some splendid artwork again:
As for Genos....something has to give; as much as I'd like to see him defeat Garou, I don't think that's gonna happen because of the plot.
Excellent chapter through and through. The choreography was superb and made this one of Garou's best fights yet. I had no issue whatsoever with Garou defeating the heroes this way because of just how fluid and intelligently he did it. Like @goldb said, he used the guidebook to his advantage and played with their minds. Remember, these hero's minus a few are pretty weak in the grand scheme of things, but through great teamwork, they put Garou in a real bind. To me this is one of OPM's greatest strengths, is just how good the action scenes are, and Murata once again showing he is one of the best in the business with them.
I also really enjoyed the driving home of Garou's soft spot for kids. He really has a code and his overall theme is really quite unique for a villain. I don't know if I can remember any that I have read that are quite like him. I obviously know what is to come now that we are back on track with the webcomics original content, but this should be a fun next few chapters all the same. Glad to see after a little bit of slow, albeit pretty good parts with the tourney, we are fully back on track.
I will honestly lose all respect I have for Genos character if he lose to Garou now.
He's S-class, and kinda like the 2nd main character and he's never got any good fight so far.
We saw him get owned so many times that it's getting ridiculous.
He really need to win this fight to redeem himself.
Wow this manga never let's me down. This chapter was awesome! The flashback was phenomenal and well placed. Love how it correlated with the ending. Garou was the real hero in the chapter and the others the true monsters. He saved that kid much like the monster in his flash back was trying to save his people. Great writing!
I don't agree with everyone about the disappointment with the easy defeat. Last chapter he was having a huge problem. He literally had two arrows in his back n a gunshot wound in his leg. It wasn't easy for him at all. His combat style is scary and only makes you wonder how incredible his sensei must be.
The art work was superior to many. I mean wow. True genius.
I will honestly lose all respect I have for Genos character if he lose to Garou now.
He's S-class, and kinda like the 2nd main character and he's never got any good fight so far.
We saw him get owned so many times that it's getting ridiculous.
He really need to win this fight to redeem himself.
If focus jumps away from this fight next chapter and leaves us hanging for weeks/months(like with Garou vs Watch Dog Man) my head will explode.
Garou clearly received another power-up throughout his fight against the heroes, but his fatigue and the effect of the poison should give Genos the upper hand.
I'm guessing either Genos will become another stepping stone for Garou to surpass his limits once more or Garou will be saved by the MA.