Only here for the food.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

is dos short for dostojewski? :?bunny
ambitious
For some reason I don't know myself, this sounds awesome :zomg
Too awesome to be true.
Do you mean Dostoyevsky? :headscratch I have to disappoint again, but no.

Hmm, yes, I know how that feels.

What's wrong with your reality? :worrybunny

Then what doe the M stand for? :oh

What's a dos? And for someone who doesn't like to dominate, the word 'torture' seems to come up a lot in this thread?
I'm so confused already ;-;
My reality is not as interesting as my imagination, to put it simply.

More people who are ignorant of do-M and do-S... I wonder why I have knowledge in that area when most people don't.. :derp
Actually they are written as: ドーS and ドーM
Are you guys familiar with BDSM?

Having the tendency to dominate doesn't mean I like it. :oh
 
Last edited:

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Do you mean Dostoyevsky? :headscratch I have to disappoint again, but no.
If that's how his name is written in english, sure. Have you read crime and punishment? The title would be fitting to the other thing going on here :p
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

If that's how his name is written in english, sure. Have you read crime and punishment? The title would be fitting to the other thing going on here :p
Well, I know him then (at least his name, not personally or anything, of course), but I'm not familiar with his works. Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. The only book I've read that deals with punishment is Discipline and Punish by Michel Foucault. :oh
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

My reality is not as interesting as my imagination, to put it simply.

More people who are ignorant of do-M and do-S... I wonder why I have knowledge in that area when most people don't.. :derp
Actually they are written as: ドーS and ドーM
Are you guys familiar with BDSM?

Having the tendency to dominate doesn't mean I like it. :oh
Tell me what's going on in your reality then?

I still don't know what it means.

And yes. I am somewhat familiar in that area. :notsure
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

If that's how his name is written in english, sure. Have you read crime and punishment? The title would be fitting to the other thing going on here :p
You think she's fit enough to be Raskolnikov?
That would be even more awesome, but she already dismissed the idea, too bad.

But who would be the Razumikhin of this story :zomg
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Well, I know him then (at least his name, not personally or anything, of course), but I'm not familiar with his works. Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. The only book I've read that deals with punishment is Discipline and Punish by Michel Foucault. :oh
If you knew him personally, that would be rather awkward, I have to say. Dude died a good hundred years before either of us was born. Anyway, too bad you don't know him.
:hi5 for reading Michel Foucault though. I read the same book some years ago (had to, but that's another story) and he's got some quite interesting assumptions in there. Did you read anything else by him?


You think she's fit enough to be Raskolnikov?
That would be even more awesome, but she already dismissed the idea, too bad.

But who would be the Razumikhin of this story :zomg
Yup, the idea is already dismissed :(
Don't think she'd really suit in that story though :XD
 

orenjichan92

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Oh, wow... this is hilarious... :fan
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Yup, the idea is already dismissed :(
Don't think she'd really suit in that story though :XD
As in the sense that she'd feel no remorse? :fan
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Tell me what's going on in your reality then?

I still don't know what it means.

And yes. I am somewhat familiar in that area. :notsure
Life. Life happens to me in reality.

If you're familiar in that area, then you'll have no problem to connect ドーS and ドーM with BDSM.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

If you knew him personally, that would be rather awkward, I have to say. Dude died a good hundred years before either of us was born. Anyway, too bad you don't know him.
:hi5 for reading Michel Foucault though. I read the same book some years ago (had to, but that's another story) and he's got some quite interesting assumptions in there. Did you read anything else by him?
I'm not into reading Russian literatures. I've only read Anton Chekov's plays, and only because of my drama class. Even recognizing the names of Russian authors is somewhat of a feat in here, since Indonesian people are mostly ignorant of literature.

I also had to read Discipline and Punish, because I use the Panopticon theory for my thesis.
The other book I read by him is Power/Knowledge. Actually that's the book that started my interest in his theories.

You think she's fit enough to be Raskolnikov?
That would be even more awesome, but she already dismissed the idea, too bad.

But who would be the Razumikhin of this story :zomg
Yup, the idea is already dismissed :(
Don't think she'd really suit in that story though :XD
As in the sense that she'd feel no remorse? :fan
no remorse, no repent
:sbunny
I think you guys are comparing me to a fictional character I don't know...

:hmm Gonna go check Sparknotes.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Oh, wow... this is hilarious... :fan
Things are interesting right here, eh?

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

As long as you're happy :derp
Oh, I'm happy enough. :fan
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

What's making you happy? my suddenly not trying to argue with your points anymore or what? :heh
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

What's making you happy? my suddenly not trying to argue with your points anymore or what? :heh
Nah, nothing to do with that. I just woke up with a good mood today.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Didn't know you had good moods. Interesting....
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,063
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Bob fix the code tag in your sig - but yeah women are full both dangers and surprises!
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

:sbunny
I think you guys are comparing me to a fictional character I don't know...

:hmm Gonna go check Sparknotes.
Yeah, we are.
I would recommend the book, but I don't know if it will catch your reading interest. Not that one can see that without giving it a go, anyway.
The character setting is quite strong, if you ask me, but the story development is, ehm, pretty Russian, so, it might not be to your liking.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Didn't know you had good moods. Interesting....
I'm still human. Of course I can have good moods. :hmph

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Yeah, we are.
I would recommend the book, but I don't know if it will catch your reading interest. Not that one can see that without giving it a go, anyway.
The character setting is quite strong, if you ask me, but the story development is, ehm, pretty Russian, so, it might not be to your liking.
I've gone through the plot overview in Sparknotes, and yeah, not my cup of tea. But now I can make sense of you guys' conversation and... :-_-
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

I'm still human. Of course I can have good moods. :hmph
Well, just because you can have something, doesn't mean you have it. It just means it's possible. :hee
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

I've gone through the plot overview in Sparknotes, and yeah, not my cup of tea. But now I can make sense of you guys' conversation and... :-_-
I take this reaction in the way you don't enjoy the idea of being a Raskolnikov, right?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Well, just because you can have something, doesn't mean you have it. It just means it's possible. :hee
Well, I think it's rather obvious that having all kinds of moods comes with being human.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I take this reaction in the way you don't enjoy the idea of being a Raskolnikov, right?
Nay. First, I won't kill people and second, even if I'm going to kill someone, it will be for a very good reason and with a lot of regrets.
 
Top