Only here for the food.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Stop, no! IT'S A TRAP! :arf
Do you really think I can stop even if I want to?
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Maybe you could've been the first!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Oh, there was a Frozen discussion here just a short while before I watched the movie. How unfortunate. I was left without anyone to discuss the movie with.

Anyway I'll agree about the setting having more potential than was used. I didn't really expect Elsa to go evil or anything like that, but I wanted her to have a more active role in the movie. I felt like the was more of a side-character due to lack of screentime, even though she was the main root of everything going on in the movie.

Anyway I really liked the story regardless of failed met potential. I think a lot of the aspects of the movie, mostly the artwork and to some extent certain parts of the different music scores really appealed to me due to regional reasons, by that I mean them having a certain feel of "North/Norway". The details in their dresses and outfits for example was incredible honestly. I'm not sure people realize how much work it takes to animate such details. Their outfits also looked like legit Norwegian national dresses (called bunad for whoever doesn't know). Well done to make up such a set of outfits that are fictional but look like drawings of real ones.

The music score overall was pretty awesome to be honestly. I still listen to some of the songs here and there xD Let it Go was just amazing. I haven't listened to it THAT MUCH (not been on the radio etc here I think), so I'm not sick of it yet.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Maybe you could've been the first!
Nah. I still like to earn money.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Oh, there was a Frozen discussion here just a short while before I watched the movie. How unfortunate. I was left without anyone to discuss the movie with.
I suppose not many people watch Frozen or excited about it?

Anyway I'll agree about the setting having more potential than was used. I didn't really expect Elsa to go evil or anything like that, but I wanted her to have a more active role in the movie. I felt like the was more of a side-character due to lack of screentime, even though she was the main root of everything going on in the movie.
The story does seem a little bit abrupt, doesn't it? Elsa is indeed the main root of everything, but the heroine is Anna in this story, so that makes things a bit awkward for Elsa. She's not a villain, but she's not exactly a heroine too. That way, she doesn't really leave much impact on the story.

Anyway I really liked the story regardless of failed met potential. I think a lot of the aspects of the movie, mostly the artwork and to some extent certain parts of the different music scores really appealed to me due to regional reasons, by that I mean them having a certain feel of "North/Norway". The details in their dresses and outfits for example was incredible honestly. I'm not sure people realize how much work it takes to animate such details. Their outfits also looked like legit Norwegian national dresses (called bunad for whoever doesn't know). Well done to make up such a set of outfits that are fictional but look like drawings of real ones.
Well, the animation certainly made up for the lacking plot. I do not know about their outfits looking like Norwegian national dresses. I'll check it out later..

The music score overall was pretty awesome to be honestly. I still listen to some of the songs here and there xD Let it Go was just amazing. I haven't listened to it THAT MUCH (not been on the radio etc here I think), so I'm not sick of it yet.
I'm amazed at the amount of cover songs made for Let it Go. O_o
Well, Shakespeare did say, "You can't have too much of a good thing." Just don't listen to it too much.
 

Michalv

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
441
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

I'm amazed at the amount of cover songs made for Let it Go. O_o
Well, Shakespeare did say, "You can't have too much of a good thing." Just don't listen to it too much.
TOO MUCH COVER :gwah
And i just found this one lol

 
Last edited by a moderator:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Hey, you. Did you go to the job fair eventually?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Why didn't you tell me phio said hello? :pout
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

TOO MUCH COVER :gwah
And i just found this one lol

I'll open it... someday. The connection is not good right now.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Lol really? :XD
Life will be easier if all I have to do is serial sadism.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Hey, you. Did you go to the job fair eventually?
I did. But I was there for only, like, 30 minutes. Hahahaha. And I only applied for one job. :p

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Why didn't you tell me phio said hello? :pout
I didn't?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

I did. But I was there for only, like, 30 minutes. Hahahaha. And I only applied for one job. :p
THAT IS TOO FAST! Nothing too interesting? Don't tell me the newest application has something to do with Japan again. XD I guess the last one didn't work out? :(
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

THAT IS TOO FAST! Nothing too interesting? Don't tell me the newest application has something to do with Japan again. XD I guess the last one didn't work out? :(
Well, I never like going to places by myself, especially crowded places, so I escaped that place as soon as I could. Most are looking for graduates of finance or management anyway. And the companies are not interesting too. Nah, it's not. I applied for assistant editor in Kompas Gramedia. :cheez It's my dream job, I wouldn't pass a chance to apply.
Which last one?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Well, I never like going to places by myself, especially crowded places, so I escaped that place as soon as I could. Most are looking for graduates of finance or management anyway. And the companies are not interesting too. Nah, it's not. I applied for assistant editor in Kompas Gramedia. :cheez It's my dream job, I wouldn't pass a chance to apply.
Which last one?
Sounds great indeed! Best of luck! You should've applied as a translator though and get those international novels translated for me. I'm tired of waiting that I already forget them all.

The Uniqlo one, I mean.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

yuki what's your favorite non asian song?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Sounds great indeed! Best of luck! You should've applied as a translator though and get those international novels translated for me. I'm tired of waiting that I already forget them all.

The Uniqlo one, I mean.
I don't think there's a vacancy for that now. It's more fun to be an editor than a translator anyway. Translator work can get boring.

Oh, in fact, right now I'm in internship stage. The day before yesterday and yesterday, I went to their factories and saw the production of their clothes. (I heard Japanese spoken here and there, kinda fun :p) Tomorrow, I'll have a second interview. Wish me best of luck so I can go on to the final interview... in June. (All these interviews unnerve me.. Why do they need so many interviews... And the distance between the second interview and final interview is so long... :gwah)

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

yuki what's your favorite non asian song?
Uh.. Right now it'll be Viva la Vida by Coldplay.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

I didn't?
NOPE. If phio hadn't returned, I'd still be wondering how she was doing and if she ever got my hello.

Good luck with your interview :bgai
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

I don't think there's a vacancy for that now. It's more fun to be an editor than a translator anyway. Translator work can get boring.

Oh, in fact, right now I'm in internship stage. The day before yesterday and yesterday, I went to their factories and saw the production of their clothes. (I heard Japanese spoken here and there, kinda fun :p) Tomorrow, I'll have a second interview. Wish me best of luck so I can go on to the final interview... in June. (All these interviews unnerve me.. Why do they need so many interviews... And the distance between the second interview and final interview is so long... :gwah)
I see. Oh, well, whatever makes you most comfortable.

That is quite cool. Good luck with the interview! You can do it! And yes, that is surely a long waiting period in between. I wonder for what... Perhaps there will be assignment before the second interview, haha.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Ah.

Umineko?!
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

NOPE. If phio hadn't returned, I'd still be wondering how she was doing and if she ever got my hello.

Good luck with your interview :bgai
Ah. I remembered to send her your regards, but I guess I forgot to tell you her reply. :p

Well, it's done. :cookiestare I keep thinking that I could've done better.
Now, all that's left is to wait. :worrybunny It's really not fun to wait this long. If in the end, I am not accepted, it will feel like all the waiting is for naught.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

That is quite cool. Good luck with the interview! You can do it! And yes, that is surely a long waiting period in between. I wonder for what... Perhaps there will be assignment before the second interview, haha.
Indeed, it's really cool. I really want to get that job, but I'm not sure they really want me. :sweat
Oh, it's because for the next three weeks, there are internships for other candidates. We are divided into four groups, you see. I'm in the first group, so that's why I wait the longest.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

oh that's a good song, i'm surprised :nod
Why are you surprised?

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Umineko?!
Yes?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Ah. I remembered to send her your regards, but I guess I forgot to tell you her reply. :p

Well, it's done. :cookiestare I keep thinking that I could've done better.
Now, all that's left is to wait. :worrybunny It's really not fun to wait this long. If in the end, I am not accepted, it will feel like all the waiting is for naught.
I guess I just don't mean as much for you to remember.*sighs* :bored

Yeah, you always get that feeling with interviews; you begin to wonder what "that look" meant, what they were writing down, what they really meant when they said a certain thing. It stresses you to no ends if you let it.

3 weeks surely is a long while to wait though, but hopefully it wasnt for naught.
 
Top