Question other SnK like manga?

ArmoredTitan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 8, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
What I really like about SnK is it is realistic in terms of human behaviour.
And everything is very detailed and well explained (though I know 3DMG is improbable even if it's well explained).

I hate mangas like a super pretty rich girl will suddenly like a no one guy. Those shts are very unreal :cussing

Anyone can suggest a good realistic manga to read?
 

MajiinX

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2013
Messages
64
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Dragonstone
What I really like about SnK is it is realistic in terms of human behaviour.
And everything is very detailed and well explained (though I know 3DMG is improbable even if it's well explained).

I hate mangas like a super pretty rich girl will suddenly like a no one guy. Those shts are very unreal :cussing

Anyone can suggest a good realistic manga to read?
Have you ever read Berserk or watched the anime? If not I think you will enjoy it a great deal.
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Apparently people compare this to Claymore.
 

MajiinX

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2013
Messages
64
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Dragonstone
will look on those two mangas :)
Berserk is VERY VERY Dark and human emotion is a big theme in the series. And despite being an ultra bad ass the main character Guts is deeply troubled man with a great deal of emotional issues.
 

thanapon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Apparently people compare this to Claymore.

Never realize "Claymore" manga before, until I read this Beatrice's and go through 60 chapters of Claymore in a row. It is amazing!

Just one thing in my mind, I'm not sure the drawer on the later chapter is the same guy as who draw the earlier chapter because the drawing quality is much better after reaching about chapter 60.
 
Last edited:

Gmuni

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
7
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yea I'm am not going to start reading Berserk until it is done. I heard it has yearly/whenever the author feels like it releases. Why would I submit myself to such torture, I'm struggling with Snk's monthly releases as is.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Reading Berserk is worth the struggle to wait. It's excruciating sometimes (figuratively), but if you haven't start, you need to. I also like Akame ga Kiru or Ubel Blatt, in case you need reference for dark fantasy manga.
 

102jayday

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
2,134
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Berserk is a beautiful manga it started like 1990 and its art still best others imo. I love reading the manga over and over. Sure sucks to wait for new chapters but I get extremely excited when one is coming.
Warning though its pretty full on and one part in the story mind ##@%s you.
I lol at the memes on SnK saying everybody dies because I have read Berserk and gantz before it....gantz use to be great...
 

tobeulp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
801
Reaction score
193
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Berserk is the first that comes to my mind one of the best Manga in this generation too bad the hiatus will certainly get to you if you catch up to it.
Vinland Saga is also a great Manga but abit boring at some chapters but if you will read it at one go it is worth the read.
Vagabond and Kingdom are also great to read in short SnK is going abit towards Seinen rather than Shounen ^^
 

MajiinX

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2013
Messages
64
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Dragonstone
I'm glad people agree with me on Berserk, its truly one of a kind. Gats is such a deep an dark character he's one of the most emotionally disturbed and complex characters I've ever seen yet he is freaking awesome. Berserk as a whole is an absolute master piece and I feel the Golden Age is some of the best reading (and cinema) I've ever seen.

I'm not big into anime and manga these days but my brother got me into SnK and Claymore because he knows how much I love Berserk.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Berserk is THE best manga.
Even if the hiatus are tortures.

I just bought the 36 mangas and re-read it all.
 

thanapon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Berserk is THE best manga.
Even if the hiatus are tortures.

I just bought the 36 mangas and re-read it all.

Berserk has very high chance that the manga will never ended, similar to guyver.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Berserk has very high chance that the manga will never ended, similar to guyver.
Doesn't matter.
Even without an end, it's still the best manga! :tem

Anyway, have some faith.
Miura will definitely finish it!
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Is it okay to recommend Korean Webtoons? The one that I'm reading right now to pass some time is Afterschool War Activities. The concept is almost the same where young people battle creatures that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It was kinda light hearted at first until one of the students got gruesomely killed by these blobbed creatures. The setting is modern times though so the weapons they use are rifles.

But I can't really vouch for human behaviour here. Just the concept and tramautic horror, especially the way characters get killed.
 
Last edited:

MajiinX

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2013
Messages
64
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Dragonstone
Doesn't matter.
Even without an end, it's still the best manga! :tem

Anyway, have some faith.
Miura will definitely finish it!
AGREED! Just started reading it again and I plan on watching the movies that were released.

Guts probably my favorite character ever he is the ultimate Anti-Hero. The best way I can describe him to a SnK reader that has never read Berserk is take Eren and all his emotional issues and instability and multiple it by 10 what Eren went through is nothing compared to the torment and horror that this man has dealt with and it shows one minute the guy is calm as a cucumber, the next minute he is smiling and killing people the next minute he could be sobbing he's literally insane Add in Irwins ability to throw away his humanity and sacrifice whatever he had to get the job and multiple that by 10, and he's not doing it for mankind he is doing it for revenge, he will literally step over a pile of corpses to get what he wants he will use a child as a shield to get his enemy to drop their guard to get a killing blow. And give him Levi's fighting prowess and multiply that by 10 and you have Guts and no i'm not joking and yes he's a regular human just ridiculously bad ass the guy lives to fight and in his early years all he had was his sword he would go out and fight a battle then come back and start training and swinging a giant sword around to get stronger and stronger.

Actually its too bad he wasn't in SnK as he could easily kill regular titans by himself with no 3DMG and would be able to take out a 15m class titan too if it were 1v1. With 3DMG he would be unstoppable and I dare say would be able to kill Reiner in titan form and would probably be able to smash Annie out of her crystal too.

I'm sure my fellow Berserk readers would agree with me on these points :D. Hope this will entice some people to start reading :D
 

220kz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2013
Messages
102
Reaction score
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
I can recommend Claymore

Overall good quality, slightly faster release rate than SnK,
144 chapters out and good Edited Manga groups imo [MiB].

-Human eating Monsters (with intelligence though)
-Badass Warriors (all female though - but with the best possible explanation for it :teehee)
-Mysterious Organisation behind it.

Has like Gantz a good Anime for the early Chapters but it ends like
it with "filler" (about the last 1,5 or 2,5 episodes).

Also imo SnK has quite a bit in common with the TV show Battlestar Galactica:
Hummans getting attacked after decades of Peace and are now
at the threat of extinction, undercover agents and the overall mature theme
that you mentioned you like in SnK so you should give it a try if you haven't yet
it's also unlike Berserk or Claymore complete.
 

Gmuni

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
7
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I can recommend Claymore

Overall good quality, slightly faster release rate than SnK,
144 chapters out and good Edited Manga groups imo [MiB].
No it doesn't, Claymore is monthly but only 20 pages and I thought a month for 45 pages of SnK was painful.
 

MajiinX

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2013
Messages
64
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Dragonstone
I just ended up watching the anime and reading Gantz it was pretty freaking awesome, although it could be very slow at times the times when there was action it was pretty awesome. The last 80 issues were pretty intense and defiantly worth trudging through some of the more monotonous issues. Def made it into my top 5 mangas (Berserk still being #1)
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Akame ga Kiru?
 
Top