Question other SnK like manga?

tupadre97

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
158
Reaction score
32
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Berserk and Hunter X Hunter. They are both amazing and very deep, you should check them both out.
 

Irene

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
62
Reaction score
65
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall


Apparently people compare this to Claymore.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm not a big anime freak (i.e., I haven't seen 200, 500, or 1000). I've seen probably about 50, and I saw Shingeki no Kyojin before I saw Claymore, but though the former might be my favorite anime, Claymore is definitely my favorite manga. And I see the two shows as being closer than anything I've experienced in anime/manga.

I wish I existed in the Shingeki no Kyojin world. I'd kill all the titans. I just hope that "The Organization" doesn't exist in that world.
 

thestalker

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This thread is the reason I finally made an account on this website! I've been a long time lurker, but have never bothered to make an account or post anything. That is until I saw so many recommendations for berserk in this thread.
When I first read so many recommendations, I thought "oh man, over hyped manga time." . But once I decided to actually read berserk, I discovered it was even better than you guys had hyped it up to be. So... THANKS! :D
 

220kz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2013
Messages
102
Reaction score
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
They aren't Manga but Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
and (KILL la KILL) definitely should be mentioned.

In TTGL humanity just like in SnK is trapped, the surface
is populated by "Giants" and inaccessible to humans forcing
them to live underground the protagonists of the Anime
decide after an attack at their underground city to use
the power of their oppressors that the obtained during the
fight to regain controll of the surface...
It is serious and crazy at the same time not as straight as SnK.

"The Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann manga, illustrated by Kotaro Mori,
started serialization in the June 2007
" if it has to be a book.

(In KILL la KILL powerful uniforms take the place of TTGL's
Mechs and the whole story is less epic giving you
and over the top crazy action experience)

And yeah Berserk, Hunter x Hunter, and Claymore are
great even though they aren't finished the also have good
Anime adaptations I really like the Berserk OST and HxH
has an excellent ongoing Anime, 140th episode aired this week,
it starts really slow typical shounen stuff but with the
appearence of the Phantom Spider it becomes excellent...

Gantz was cool too but the whole idea imploded and
it pretty much went with the author going ok I'm done with this
but if you're okay with that it still overs quite a bit of fun it
has just like Claymore a solid Anime adaptation with filler end.
 
Last edited:

Themistocles

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I would say Toukyou Kushu (Toukyo Ghoul), that manag made me think of this one when I was reading through it. It has a similar level of 'grossness' as AoT
 

Laif

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
129
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Two words: Terra Formars:) although it takes time in the future.
 
Top