Games - Overwatch | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Overwatch

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
One other thing I come back to is Symmetra being even more OP than she was before. The fuck are the devs smoking?
The teleporter is like Reaper and the shield is OP. I agree, she is more OP but not cheap OP like her old version.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I got surprised the first few times when our team got Donald Trump'd by this giant ass wall.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Symmetra has always been cancer, not OP. Hence @Farfalla 's term "Symmetumor" being quite fitting.

There's some really stupid shit with her now though that I don't know how it made it live. Like her being able to hide one of her turrets in her teleporter, meaning you sometimes can't destroy it unless you destroy the teleporter first, and that takes a bit more to kill now, especially if you're not a DPS.

That and her 3 turrets on one target basically roots you. No idea why they even bother calling that a "slow". Your character "moves" but you don't actually go anywhere. Really dumb. Making it have that effective of a CC while also allowing you to deploy them with crazy range while they also have more hp.... just kms. And her Ult is just obscenely powerful....

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
This Reaper rework is so good. I always felt like what he was missing was a double-jump and more damage from range.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh wait nvm, I'm drunk. Thought Hanzo was Reaper for some reason... sorry
--- Double Post Merged, ---
:nunoamaze

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Did Sombra pay for it?
Nah. It was the fat man.
This Reaper rework is so good. I always felt like what he was missing was a double-jump and more damage from range.
Oh wait nvm, I'm drunk. Thought Hanzo was Reaper for some reason... sorry
--- Double Post Merged, ---
:nunoamaze
The Dev team has gotten to that scary point where they consistently cave to any and all bitching and moaning from people who have no clue about "balancing".

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The Dev team has gotten to that scary point where they consistently cave to any and all bitching and moaning from people who have no clue about "balancing".
Reworking Hanzo isn't "caving" to anything IMO. His situation was where his kit wasn't as effective as most other picks, whether you played him well or not. So, I don't have much of an issue with him being given a rework. Do I think his situation was as dire as other heroes? Not really. Overwatch seems to have a problem with things being niche for some reason.

But this fucking abomination? Forget it. And no one plays him for Sonic Arrow, so nerfing its radius while he's oneshotting everything and has his Ult every minute... :pls Just don't see how a "sniper" hero should be capable of killing tanks from close range quicker than Reaper. Make him more mobile by letting him jump mid-air? Whatever. But only nerfing Storm arrow from 80 to 70 and not adjusting his Ult charge or anything? And keeping him in this state for nearly two months? Swapping Scatter for Storm Arrow doesn't lead to some huge jump in skill requirement either, as firing 6 arrows into a Tank with a massive hitbox from close range doesn't take more skill than Scatter, in many ways it's less. Neither does being able to use your Ult so often that you don't even need to land it to get value out of it (Zoning ult BTW).

To get back to your point, I think it's the opposite. Blizzard gives no fucks about what people are bitching about the loudest. Everyone who main popular Dive/Flank heroes have been in tears since Brigitte was released. Symmetra rework gives her an infinitely large shield for an Ult that has 5000 hp. The shield meta where it's impossible to kill anything is probably only going to get worse. Just imagine Hammond on a team with Symmetra, Lucio, and Brigitte.... nothing will ever die.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nah. It was the fat man.

Hanzo's scattered arrow was for lazy shooting. It would have been balanced if it didn't one shot players.

The Mercy nerf because players were salty was unnecessary and caved to the dps mains.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
They showing now that they have a clue about balancing they have released a PTR " Balance " changes for Sombra which have probably completely killed her off..

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
They showing now that they have a clue about balancing they have released a PTR " Balance " changes for Sombra which have probably completely killed her off..
What's wrong with Sombra? She's a swishy and her abilities aren't damage based but skilled. Geeze, if people want to button mash they should keep paying Junkrat :notrust
Oh and Junkrat's traps aren't hackable by Sombra so really who needs a nerf? :notrust

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ah, @xi0 I should have clarified. I wasn't talking about Hanzo's rework, but many of the "balance" decisions made in the last few months I've been away from it. I just finished a match being bullied as Hog by that god damn Sym 3.0, and Bridgett's damn uncanny ability to knock your ult into next week. It's just a tiny bit of an irritation.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Well, they've shown they're pretty reticent to hard-nerf anything, especially newer heroes or reworks. At least, I can't think of an example where they cave to public outcry really. Sure, Hanzo and Brigitte have technically been nerfed, but none of their changes have really hurt their effectiveness one bit.
You don't think perma-invis and relocator won't be good for her? Or do you mean an earlier change? Granted, her not being able to contest unless she unstealths will be bad, but seems like they're going fully into her being the pure stealth character and I'm not really sure I'm looking forward to that...

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
You don't think perma-invis and relocator won't be good for her? Or do you mean an earlier change? Granted, her not being able to contest unless she unstealths will be bad, but seems like they're going fully into her being the pure stealth character and I'm not really sure I'm looking forward to that...
I honestly see it as a nerf...

Perma stealth isn't that good you use it to quickly get into position in the old one ( get behind >> EMP >> Kill Zen >> Trans to your team simple :D ) now it's slower and can't contest with it ( Sometimes just like Mei this was winning me a game ) << Perma stealth is more suited for fucken custom games.

First, they nerfed her Ultimate and how quickly she gets that ( and disabled that using hacked health packs give her ult charge )

Nerfed her hack more than it was buffed << Because Tanks and Tracer mains was bitching about it

She is going the same way Mercy has gone...

Stealth character has no reason to exist in a game like Overwatch.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
She is going the same way Mercy has gone...

Stealth character has no reason to exist in a game like Overwatch.
Which is what? Seems like Mercy/Zen are still the healer meta. I guess you mean how she feels to play versus how effective she is? Because she still seems pretty popular. Not even a hero like Moira has dethroned her despite being the first healer to have comparable throughput.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying there. I think it's a severe change, but I'm not sure what to make of it. Her damage remains the same and her cooldowns are the same. But perma-stealth while being slower... don't know how useful that will be by comparison, I guess.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Probably the first new hero since Ana that will require actual FPS aiming skill... what a novel concept in a shooter.
Oh, apparently the robot "Echo" was pretty much confirmed as a future hero by Jeff as well

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
That looks like an Argus Rifle. I hate Argus Rifles, but this hero looks pretty cool so I'm sure I'll try it out.