Shounen P2! - Let's Play Pingpong! by Ejiri Tatsuma

DevlinMcKeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

Doesn't The Worm know better? Anybody can go to the University, but only a rare, special few are privileged enough to translate for us. In all seriousness, good luck The Worm and thanks for translating for us.
 

_V0iD_

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
336
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

DevlinMcKeon said:
Doesn't The Worm know better? Anybody can go to the University, but only a rare, special few are privileged enough to translate for us. In all seriousness, good luck The Worm and thanks for translating for us.
dude, we are the ones that are priviledged that they translate for us, not the other way around
 

DevlinMcKeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

Well, I was aiming for sarcastic and I'm sorry if you took that statement as serious. I thougt that that would be clear enough given that my last sentence started off "In all seroiusness." However, in the future the I will try to do better at
denoting where I'm being sarcastic. Hmmm.... maybe big <sarcastic> tags?
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

VOID -- have you posted asking for t/ler's on other sites?

((www.manganews.net / www.mangaupdates.com (in the Zan/ P2 section?) )

Also have you thought of trying to do a joint for a t/ler?

just some ideas ^^
 

_V0iD_

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
336
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

lol, i have seen other posts there asking for translators, and no-one cares, so im not going to bother. also, if i do a joint, the other team usually takes everything over, and i want to do the distribution (need those MaxPoints xD)
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

devlin, you were pretty damn clear about the sarcasm, i guess some dont get it...

I hope the Zan project dies but hopefully this series gets some legs for as long as it is on jump (which probably wont be that long seeing the current trends but i would rather be wrong about that one)
 

_V0iD_

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
336
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

lol, NeoShweaty you are as optimistic as ever. Judging by the amount of downloads my Edited Mangas get, Zan is much more popular than P2 (700:250 respectively).
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

Those numbers matter little when the readers in japan determine the life and death of the series in jump.
 

DevlinMcKeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

I hope you're right NeoShweaty. I'm not a big fan of Zan either. However, I really enjoy P2, HnI, ES21(to a little bit of a lesser extent) etc. especially the type of manga where the protagonist starts off with no real skills and achieves success through hard work. So I hope that the Japanese readers keep asking for this and Jump keeps printing this.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

i think jump made a mistake by having three sports titles, however different they may have been, come out in succession. I mean, i dont feel one way or the other about P2 but i hope something from this crop of new stuff lives. I mean Nazo no Murasame, Tsugihagi, Over Time (T_T), and now zan all in the same year, wtf?
 

Angelus128

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

um...........hi, i took a particular interest in this manga, I obvious love the classics like POT and ES21 and also slam dunk etc etc, and I think this one has potential and I'd like to help as much as possible, I don't really know any jap, but i have a tonne of time on my hand since i'm on a gap year :D so if there's anything i can do to help with speeding up the Edited Mangas plz say :amuse

what's the latest chap in jap cos i dl this weeks jump and saw that the kid joined some kinda school, and was practising against a machine :s
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

I mean Nazo no Murasame, Tsugihagi, Over Time (T_T), and now zan all in the same year, wtf?
To love ru / Mx0 made it ^_____^

Angelus128 -- The manga is on hold right now for Edited Mangas becuases of lack of translator >.< so there isnt much you can do :(

Chapter 11 is the latest ^-^ so we are behind -_- but maybe someone will pick this manga up :)
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

things were different in october...

Anyways, it looks like this is another one that is gonna get the axe. Wonder what will come to replace it?
 

DevlinMcKeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

well...it was fun while it lasted. Sorry to see it go. Thanks for supplying it.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

It's a shame noone touches this anymore, its such a peculiar enigma to survive this long

Either way, following the raws, it's improving in visual quality since its start, and i'd call that an encouraging thing if anything else
 

ThE WoRm

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
17
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

P2! Wasn't cancled yet, and it doesn't look like it'll be cancled in this cut, so, I wonder if there are any Manga Editors willing to do it, because if there are, I'll get back to translating it ^^"
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

Which chapters of P2 did you translate before?
 

ThE WoRm

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
17
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

1-4, they are already scanlated, I don't want to start translating from 5 if I don't know if there are any Manga Editors for it. Also, I need raws, I guess I can find magz around here, but if someone has the tankus (what is the chance for that?) I would like those ^^" :P
 

Ser3n

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

Sooo, the links are dead...
 

ThE WoRm

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
17
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: P2 discussion Topic (10/17: Ch. 4 scan)

Well, I got raw for 5-7, the only thing I need now is Manga Editors to come up and say they are willing to do it, if such appear, I'll get to translate it.
 
Top