Shounen Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Pandora Hearts: 19th century or 18th century?

  • 19th century

    Votes: 13 35.1%
  • 18th century

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Only the author knows it! xD

    Votes: 19 51.4%

  • Total voters
    37

sparviero-92

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
194
Reaction score
704
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
The lj community of Pandora Hearts has the chapter the day of the official release

As for what I know, spoilers aren't posted (not only in the ljcommunity),
and I don't know any japanese or english website where to find them:(
 

harmaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What about 2ch?
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations

harmaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
53 raw is up through the LJ community. :D
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter is up on a PB I will link.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn265/anime0fanatic/PH ch53 by TBA/

Password is yikes

Reading the chapter it explains alot and also

SPOILERS:




That many people can share the same chain chain named the humpty dumpty. Also this explains philips behavior and such now which is really sad cause hes a illegal contractor and such. Top of that break knew about this for awhile now and is looking for the origin of it. Now at the end ...poor reim...and looks like break is gonna fight back ,but with his bad eye sight I fear the worse.

Note: The fact that the head hunter is a chain of all things is interesting 0_0.

Next Chapter release is the Oct 18th

Predications: Hmm lily versus Break/Fang I suspect that Break can still use his chain ,but the battle will cause a great strain on him and maybe sharon will find out about breaks blindness.

Otherwise a great chapter =3.

I wonder if we can Email a Mod to make a pandora hearts section since its a good manga.
 
Last edited:

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
I have to say after some ok chapters its great to see an excellent one finally pop up. So the shadow of doubt has somewhat cleared from Elliot - he's not entirely on the clear yet but certainly getting there as the man chopping heads off may not be the Queen of Hearts chain and may be a red herring - but it does put Reo back in the running. Though Reo would count as a secondary contractor - however it is just as possible for him to summon Queen of Hearts unconsciously (though probably not given what he told Oz) response to eliminating those that he thinks may hurt Elliot. The Queen of Hearts mystery only further deepens I definitely cannot wait to see who the original contractor really is.

Poor Sharon she's become ever so useless yet again...

The second great thing about this chapter is to see Break about to go all out in vengeance for Reim. I wonder though as to whether erasing the chain will also cause the immortality of the Baskervilles to be nullified or is because the Baskervilles have such a strong connection to the abyss - like the chains - Mad Hatter's ability will be able to erase them as well. The wait for the next chapter is going to be painful I hope it doesn't disappoint.
 
Last edited:

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well my friend said that mad hatters purpose is to destroy chains so its possible and that is a good point if they have a strong connection to the abyss and are somewhat like chains then that alone will make mad hatters powers effective.
 

Justine

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
...but the battle will cause a great strain on him and maybe sharon will find out about breaks blindness.
Just thought I should tell you that Sharon already knows about Break being blind. It happened a couple chapters back I think. They were at Isla Yura, at the party, and she wanted to dance with him. He said he couldn't, and then she figured it out. Needless to say, she didn't react as he expected :)
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Just thought I should tell you that Sharon already knows about Break being blind. It happened a couple chapters back I think. They were at Isla Yura, at the party, and she wanted to dance with him. He said he couldn't, and then she figured it out. Needless to say, she didn't react as he expected :)
Yup, it happened on chapter 49 :)

On recent chapter (53)...
Somehow i find Reo frequently missing at the scene whenever the Queen of Hearts/Headhunter had a victim, and Elliot somehow reacting weird when he smells/sees blood (plus their connection to the Nightrays) makes either of them the most possible to be the first contractor. Though since there are alot of orphans who grew up in the House of Fianna (the orphanage), it could also be possible that either Elliot or Reo are just the secondary contractors.

Its quite sad that Reim/Liam died (he's one of my favorite characters in PH :darn), and wasn't able to disclose to Rufus, Break and others on what he found out about the Baskervilles.

I hope Break can win the fight in the next chapter because he's quite on disadvantage because of his eyesight, as well as his friends also have to deal with the sealing stone.
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just thought I should tell you that Sharon already knows about Break being blind. It happened a couple chapters back I think. They were at Isla Yura, at the party, and she wanted to dance with him. He said he couldn't, and then she figured it out. Needless to say, she didn't react as he expected :)
Yea I just reread the chapter after you guys posted it I just felt like the reaction should had been more shocking.

I have a question though if the origin contractor dies would the mark appear on the secondary one?

If that's the case then Humpty next owner will be elliot or Reo if that's the case. I don't think theirs enough evidence to show that a contractor can make a contract and not have a mark.

What I mean is that if a chain makes a contract with more then one person would both of the contractors have a mark?
 
Last edited:

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
I have a question though if the origin contractor dies would the mark appear on the secondary one?
If that's the case then Humpty next owner will be elliot or Reo if that's the case. I don't think theirs enough evidence to show that a contractor can make a contract and not have a mark.
What I mean is that if a chain makes a contract with more then one person would both of the contractors have a mark?
I think that's the mystery behind Humpty Dumpty/Queen of Hearts contract. It's the first time i've heard multiple contractors in a single chain, even the reason behind the experiment for doing so to the children on the orphanage isn't explained yet.

Also I think that Rufus info about the headhunter isn't complete yet that's why he wants Break to test/investigate since that Mad Hatter's power can hold other chains to track down every single contractor of the Queen of Hearts. The only clue i got there which is still kind of unclear to me is what Rufus told to Break that, 'the more contractors it has the slower the hand of the seal will advance'.
I'm guessing that it may take time until the seal/mark will show up, either only for the first contractor or the secondary contractor or maybe both. (for both -dunno which one will show up first...)

Its up to Break, Oz and others to find out how and when will the seal/seal(s) of the Queen of Hearts will show up.
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think that's the mystery behind Humpty Dumpty/Queen of Hearts contract. It's the first time i've heard multiple contractors in a single chain, even the reason behind the experiment for doing so to the children on the orphanage isn't explained yet.

Also I think that Rufus info about the headhunter isn't complete yet that's why he wants Break to test/investigate since that Mad Hatter's power can hold other chains to track down every single contractor of the Queen of Hearts. The only clue i got there which is still kind of unclear to me is what Rufus told to Break that, 'the more contractors it has the slower the hand of the seal will advance'.
I'm guessing that it may take time until the seal/mark will show up, either only for the first contractor or the secondary contractor or maybe both. (for both -dunno which one will show up first...)

Its up to Break, Oz and others to find out how and when will the seal/seal(s) of the Queen of Hearts will show up.
I figure that's the power for break to use Mad hatter to do that ,but at a heavy cost at this so this may be breaks last battle and that's sad his chain is really powerful and such I mean it took down one of glens chains.

I can't wait for the next chapter to see how the fight plays out.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Revising what I said earlier I don't think Break erasing any of the Baskerville chains will cause the Baskerville contractor to die seeing as they don't necessarily have a connection in the type of immortality that the Baskervilles have. On the other hand like I said since the Baskervilles do have such a strong connection to the abyss it could be possible that they may be deleted for having similar properties to chains. However, it may take more power for Break to do that, and I wonder if he is even aware of the type of immortality or connection to the abyss that the Baskervilles have which Liam discovered.

One other tidbit though is considering how long the Baskervilles have lived and presumably used their chain could they be exempt from the rule of the seal? They after all don't seem to be that wary in using their chains.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Likely Reo. Elliot is more likely to hold the last piece of Glen's soul, and the chain Humpty Dumpty is the remains of the Beheading Queen - perhaps Glen's servant/lover or even Lacie? Glen might've controlled the Chain or some connection, which would explain why when Elliot blanked out, he heard Reo speak to him.

Or maybe something else...

Hehe. PH always gives me something to ponder.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
However, it may take more power for Break to do that, and I wonder if he is even aware of the type of immortality or connection to the abyss that the Baskervilles have which Liam discovered.

One other tidbit though is considering how long the Baskervilles have lived and presumably used their chain could they be exempt from the rule of the seal? They after all don't seem to be that wary in using their chains.
It seems like everyone who were connected or had been to the abyss (especially with contract illegally or legally to the chains) had their lifespan somewhat increased. For example are Break, Oz & Sharon who maintained their physical features after some years passed by before having contract with the chains.

Somehow for the Baskervilles, there's the mystery that which they are more stronger (maybe also immortal?) because since on retrace 51, its quite a surprise that Lily survived being shot in the head by Liam/Reim, and also some of the members of the Baskervilles had been participant in the Tragedy of Sablier which happened 100 years ago.

Even though the headhunter and the Baskervilles are not connected with each other, there could be a relevance for what they want to aim or looking for, i think..
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
PH always gives me something to ponder.
That mean's its very well written. Which is why I'm glad it's a monthly release instead of a weekly one.

On-Topic :

@Hamy

I agree with your comment I'm thinking that I figured that the baskervilles made a deal with the intention of the abyss to help with releasing glen and thus the abyss granted them super natural traits and such. The reason I think is that they want to change the past like break did.
 
Last edited:

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Somehow for the Baskervilles, there's the mystery that which they are more stronger (maybe also immortal?) because since on retrace 51, its quite a surprise that Lily survived being shot in the head by Liam/Reim, and also some of the members of the Baskervilles had been participant in the Tragedy of Sablier which happened 100 years ago.

Even though the headhunter and the Baskervilles are not connected with each other, there could be a relevance for what they want to aim or looking for, i think..
Exactly what I meant by the Baskevilles brand of immortality. Not aging and potential longer life span (if they don't abuse their chain) such seem to be the 'normal'. However seeing as Lily survived a fatal shot to the head and brushed it off with no problem is what makes their immortality unique.

Also looking at how long the Baskervilles have been around (they appear to be the oldest bunch in the series as nobody other than them was around for the Tragedy) and using their chains for Glen it doesn't seem like they particularly care about the seal moving - making me think that perhaps the rule of the seals don't apply to them or it moves at an incredibly slow pace. They also don't appear to be using their contracts to achieve their wish given that they've been trying to revive Glen by their own means rather than doing what illegal contractors do by feeding their chain - this might have a relation to what I was just musing about that they don't seem to care for the seal or that they may have a different ruling with their seal such as it going much slower than normal contractors.
 
Last edited:

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Also looking at how long the Baskervilles have been around (they appear to be the oldest bunch in the series as nobody other than them was around for the Tragedy) and using their chains for Glen it doesn't seem like they particularly care about the seal moving - making me think that perhaps the rule of the seals don't apply to them or it moves at an incredibly slow pace. They also don't appear to be using their contracts to achieve their wish given that they've been trying to revive Glen by their own means rather than doing what illegal contractors do by feeding their chain - this might have a relation to what I was just musing about that they don't seem to care for the seal or that they may have a different ruling with their seal such as it going much slower than normal contractors.
If the Baskervilles seals were moving on a slow pace, its somehow similar to the headhunter's seal which slowly the hands of the seal of the contractor advances. But the reason for the slow seal advancement of the Queen of Hearts is because of multiple contractors (according to Rufus Barma). For the Baskervilles, they have individual chains like the other normal contractors although like the one you mentioned, there's something special about them as contractors. Maybe their exemption to the ruling of the seal has something to do of being the participants in the tragedy of Sablier or something about Glen that they wanted much to revive his soul/memory.

Anyway, i can't wait to find out more about the Baskervilles, the sealing stone, as well as the contractor/(s) of the Queen of Hearts. :)
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well my guess was that the baskervilles had the same means of making legal contracts with chains as well because they have a strong connection to the abyss. So with that being said two questions come up.

1. Do they have legal contracts with the chains themselves like the members of pandora do?

2. The intention of the abyss made it that they can make a illegal contract without risking going back to the abyss when there time is up?

Even though what hamy and Haruka brought up with them having slow moving seals I'm still accepting that thoery as well.
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
just started reading this manga, and I think its excellent. Recently just finished the Cheshire Cat arc, everything about this manga screams quality. You can tell the mangaka meticulously planned the plot unlike most shounen mangas we see these days. The mystery, intrigue and characters are all really well written. Probably the best thing I've read in a while too

also, <3 demon rabbit aka Alice :3c

I'm not gonna bother with the anime, but the soundtrack for it is really amazing, I listen to it while reading the manga lol
 
Top