Shounen Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Pandora Hearts: 19th century or 18th century?

  • 19th century

    Votes: 13 35.1%
  • 18th century

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Only the author knows it! xD

    Votes: 19 51.4%

  • Total voters
    37

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
read the latest chapter... OMG Eliot! Looks like it might be the end for the poor guy... I really didn't expect that! I need to collect my thoughts more before I post. Or rather its difficult to post since I want to know immediately what happened to him, as this is just too much of a cliff hanger. Still ELIOT T______T.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Yup, i still can't believe it also after reading the chapter. :darn
I'm hoping Elliot would make it through because he rejected the humpty dumpty chain.
And also, I wonder what will Leo do. Can't wait for the next chapter.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Elliot's dead for certain. He'd rather take himself out with Humpty Dumpty than be dragged into the Abyss or killed by Oz or Vincent. It's what made his death so ironic. He who hates "idiotic self-sacrifice" killed himself to save everyone around him, and to save what was left of himself. Farewell, Elliot.

I think he might linger for some final words to Reo. But that'll be it.

This also punctuates the earlier chapter with all the characters coming together for a photo. They remarked it felt like the last time they'd be able to do it. Elliot's now dead, though he died in a noble way. Oz is rapidly changing as the Chain's power drains into him from Alice. But there's also positive changes. Gil's changing into the older brother of Vincent and owner of the Nightray's chain, a role he has feared and escaped through his pursuit of Oz. Alice is becoming more human.

The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Retrace 60 is up on wonderland scans.
The sealing stone along with Isla Yura's plan was stopped, although Oz, Reo and others was saddened of Elliot's tragic end. On last page, the person who appreared to Reo seems to ignite a beginning of a new chaos.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
What nobody is talking about the latest chapter which was just translated! Its such a major revelation to find out not only Vincent's plan but who (I'll put spoilers just for the sake of the others for now):
Leo is Glen!?
It will be interesting to see how things will pan out from here - precisely how Oz will act once he finds out. On a side note Vincent's relationship with Elliot was pretty surprising I didn't think he would actually have liked Elliot - given how he only seemed to like Gilbert. Ah well least Elliot somehow received justice ironically from the actions of Vincent.
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Finished the chapter must say the story is flowing well. I say vincent having two chains is quite the twist and the reson he does all this is to die o_0...so vincent is kinda like chaotic neutral its really poetic. Interesting to see that the Raven was bounded to Gil for over 100 years. I'm looking forward to the next chapter the last panel is amazing to see glen back.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Definitely like the plot twist and surprise about the chain of Queen of hearts as well as Leo's eyes.
Though I still feel sad to Elliot's tragedy, and the more I don't like Vincent.
Also, I'm still not much convinced that Leo is Glen. Can't wait for the next chapters as how will Glen's new vessel would arise.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: [FEATURED]Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Just catched up on chapters 61-66.. nevermind the queen of hearts, so many plot/character surprises happened and I can't believe what Rufus Barma did, and how Gil traces back some of his memories (..won't spoil the details to those didn't read the chapters yet).
The story gets more interesting on the last 2 recent chapters which reveals how Jack and Lacie met.
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: [FEATURED]Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

WOW that was such an awesome twist with Lacie and Jack meeting and Glen actually probably being the 'hero', I wonder if Lacie is the will's and alice's mother or actually alice and the will had once been her. Lacies chain did look like B-rabbits powers i think, but it looked familiar when she used it ><
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Pandora Hearts has become an impressive manga series. I completely didn't see Jack's true intentions at all. But it makes sense now - all his odd mannerisms that I had thought were sheerly fanservice are actually what he became through his experiences as a whore. He truly is the great seducer. He seduced the entire country into fighting for him. He seduced Oz & Co into searching for his soul.

Lacie is also three fries short of a happy meal. But I do adore her speech about "I try to see the world from every angle". She also appears to be the earliest contractor of B-Rabbit.

I have a theory that perhaps B-Rabbit's power was drained into someone else causing Lacie's death, then into Alice, and now into Oz (and Alice is disappearing).

Darn it, so many parts of this chapter I wish I could act, but I don't know of anyone who'd be willing to act Jack out.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Jack is the greatest deceiver I have ever known in the history of manga.

I'm getting more confused now... Lacie is near death? Glen at that time is not the Glen we know, but Oswald, Lacie's brother? And what's with Miranda Barma? She seems scary and (I think) she's beheading people? What's with her obsession towards Oswald? I'm getting headache... Everything is not as it seems before... It's not clear who's the bad guy here anymore... I was hoping the new chapter will give us more light onto the mystery but it seems the spiderweb is more complicated than it seems.

Somehow the story makes me learn about something. History is not always the truth. Jack manipulates the history... I wonder what leads him into doing it... Jack, Jack... *sigh* You destroy my perfect image of you. But even among this tangle of web, Jack has become a more interesting character, not just the hero in the past.
 
Last edited:

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Retrace 69 is up.

I like the current chapter how they reveal's Alice as...
...Lacie's daughter and a possibility that she has a twin left in the abyss..
The current chapter somehow gave answers from what was I was looking for from the earlier chapters before the tragedy of Sablier happened.
Can't wait to see more revelations, as Vincent and Gil (and probably Break) enters on the retraced story after they introduced how Alice was brought up.
 

yumimi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
62
Reaction score
11
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
Retrace 69 is up.

I like the current chapter how they reveal's Alice as...
...Lacie's daughter and a possibility that she has a twin left in the abyss..
The current chapter somehow gave answers from what was I was looking for from the earlier chapters before the tragedy of Sablier happened.
Can't wait to see more revelations, as Vincent and Gil (and probably Break) enters on the retraced story after they introduced how Alice was brought up.
iirc, Break doesn't come in until vince and gil are with the will of the abyss [just after the killing in the Tradegy]. What's really bothering me now is who's Alice's father u.u And their seeming ability to switch between each other (the converasation with Glen and Alice with Jack nearby implies it), so what does that mean for the current Alice and the Alice Oz saw in chapter 1 after he touched Jack's watch @-@

so confusing like ever <3
 
Last edited:

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
iirc, Break doesn't come in until vince and gil are with the will of the abyss [just after the killing in the Tradegy]. What's really bothering me now is who's Alice's father u.u And their seeming ability to switch between each other (the converasation with Glen and Alice with Jack nearby implies it), so what does that mean for the current Alice and the Alice Oz saw in chapter 1 after he touched Jack's watch @-@

so confusing like ever <3
The father was already mentioned in this chapter it was the previous holder of the name Glen before Oswald inherited it - he already mentions he impregnated Lacie for the sake of creating an experiment but what they didn't foresee was that she'd have twins and as a result the question is which among the twins is the true vessel for the Will of the Abyss along with why only Alice was summoned while the other one remained in the Abyss.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
iirc, Break doesn't come in until vince and gil are with the will of the abyss [just after the killing in the Tradegy].
That reminds me of the chronological events, what i look forward to see is how Alice lost her memory along with the few moments before the tragedy of Sablier happened.

The father was already mentioned in this chapter it was the previous holder of the name Glen before Oswald inherited it - he already mentions he impregnated Lacie for the sake of creating an experiment but what they didn't foresee was that she'd have twins and as a result the question is which among the twins is the true vessel for the Will of the Abyss along with why only Alice was summoned while the other one remained in the Abyss.
I'm also quite curious to know who would be the real vessel too but i think since the other alice twin (Alyss) was left in Abyss, it looks like she served as a temporary vessel for the abyss. Though i'm not convinced as whether the two alice are biologically twins (even though it was said by the former Glen/Revis), since the Abyss seems not to be a normal world/dimension.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
I'm also quite curious to know who would be the real vessel too but i think since the other alice twin (Alyss) was left in Abyss, it looks like she served as a temporary vessel for the abyss. Though i'm not convinced as whether the two alice are biologically twins (even though it was said by the former Glen/Revis), since the Abyss seems not to be a normal world/dimension.
Irregardless of whether they're natural twins or not fact remains there are two who were born from Lacie and furthermore is the mystery of who is the rightful vessel. The tragedy I think is starting to make sense in that it is most likely a result of them trying to bring about the other Alice from the abyss but what is most curious is Alice's memory of being killed... I wonder as to why Jack would have had to kill her given his devotion to Lacie, she's practically a carbon copy (perhaps as a result of the Abyss?), so if anything he'd probably want to have her for himself would be the most normal reaction. In any case at least the reason for summoning the abyss has been established in that it is probably related to the Baskervilles with good intention to summon the other twin to live with them, but clearly somebody is going to mess it up (I don't think Glen would have used a summoning method that would bring about a lot of deaths he seems too nice for that and would most likely avoid it so its probably Jack and the Barma lady).
 

yumimi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
62
Reaction score
11
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
The father was already mentioned in this chapter it was the previous holder of the name Glen before Oswald inherited it - he already mentions he impregnated Lacie for the sake of creating an experiment but what they didn't foresee was that she'd have twins and as a result the question is which among the twins is the true vessel for the Will of the Abyss along with why only Alice was summoned while the other one remained in the Abyss.


Actually all that was ever stated was that Lacie agreed to carry out (blonde) Glens experiment. It actually doesnt specifically say anywhere that Glen is the father, and since this is ph its important not to take things as given XD I mean, just look at all the flashbacks we thought were Glen's, but were actually Jack's.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Irregardless of whether they're natural twins or not fact remains there are two who were born from Lacie and furthermore is the mystery of who is the rightful vessel. The tragedy I think is starting to make sense in that it is most likely a result of them trying to bring about the other Alice from the abyss but what is most curious is Alice's memory of being killed... I wonder as to why Jack would have had to kill her given his devotion to Lacie, she's practically a carbon copy (perhaps as a result of the Abyss?), so if anything he'd probably want to have her for himself would be the most normal reaction. In any case at least the reason for summoning the abyss has been established in that it is probably related to the Baskervilles with good intention to summon the other twin to live with them, but clearly somebody is going to mess it up (I don't think Glen would have used a summoning method that would bring about a lot of deaths he seems too nice for that and would most likely avoid it so its probably Jack and the Barma lady).
Yeah I think Miranda is a little to suspicious for all this x.x And it is called the Headhunter arc, both Vincent and Miranda suite this role. Actually Miranda's been hinted as being behind thr Tragedy for quite a while... she was shown to be the one telling Vince how to open a door to the Abyss (in the Sablier arc).

I can't say anything on your theory, sadly in PH's case I've learnt to watch and wait; while trying to remember all the clues u.u But I have to wonder how Gil/Vince fit into this madness >_<
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Actually all that was ever stated was that Lacie agreed to carry out (blonde) Glens experiment. It actually doesnt specifically say anywhere that Glen is the father, and since this is ph its important not to take things as given XD I mean, just look at all the flashbacks we thought were Glen's, but were actually Jack's.
Given that he specifically states himself as being the one to impregnate Lacie:
http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/69/26
I took it that he was the father, rather than Jack or any random guy, for the other purpose that this is an experiment that appears to have been kept within a small circle - i.e. Revis & Oswald are so far the only ones shown to be involved at the experiment (not too sure about Oswald perhaps he was just informed of it later). I think proof of this is that the other Baskerville servants don't seem to be fully aware of the meaning behind the tragedy and simply carried out orders, to them it seems like they just wanted to summon the Abyss but here we see that it is most likely if there was a reason to summon the Abyss was to bring Alice's twin to the surface.

I'm fully aware of how Pandora Hearts does love twists but clearly Lacie can't get impregnated by herself and the only two men who have had contact with her and are aware of the experiment are Revis & Oswald so these are the two main candidates, Oswald doesn't seem to be the incestuous type so that leaves Revis who would be cold enough from the looks of it to do such for the sake of an experiment since its not as if he has much longer to live himself. We could look at the other Baskerville servants, none of which appear to be dead save the one Break killed, but hey most are women and the only guys don't show any affinity or hint of being Alice's father so far.

Edit: Another thing to consider really is the translation there really is no other way to read "I impregnated her" other than Revis referring to himself had he said "I HAD her impregnated" then yes it would mean someone else did the deed. In nihonggo there isn't much confusion either with the way you'd read that sentence, unless someone could provide the RAW page or script and look at this specific dialogue and contest otherwise that it could be read a different manner. However, given the track record of the translation I'm prompted to believe in their reading hence believe that Revis is the father.
 
Last edited:

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Latest PH Chapter: "Oh, so your life is good right now? You're happy? Having fun in the summer? Here, let me fix that for you. Have all the feelings! Have all the tragedy and angst and death and sadness and hate and anger and fear. Have fun staying sane until the next chapter!"
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Pandora Hearts has been caking on the layers of angst and despair for the past year. I love how overwhelming it is, though. Most mangaka aren't brave enough to make their series that angsty.
 
Top