Shounen - PAT-KEN by Katakura Masanori | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen PAT-KEN by Katakura Masanori

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Another new series from JUMP SQ! By the end of the chapter, you'll understand where the title PAT-KEN comes from. This manga is about a boy named Hayabusa, who dreams of becoming a hero in the name of justice. Which is why he took up a part-time job acting as a costumed hero for a children's stage show. But, when the real villains, the Darkside Arms (DA), attack, the real heroes of the city, the Armored Guardians (AG) are called in. Will Hayabusa be allowed to join the Armored Guardiands and attain his dream of becoming a real hero? Many themes in the manga are borrowed from television sentai series, so fans of Power Rangers might enjoy this! :D

Check out the first chapter HERE!

About the mangaka: Katakura Masanori-sensei is credited on the manga as Katakura . Ookamigumi . Masanori, and he has a few other aliases too. I think Ookamigumi is the name of his studio. So! Fans may know of him from his series in Monthly Shounen JUMP, Kurohime. Kurohime was discontinued with the cancellation of the magazine, but will be revived with a web serialisation! More details will be available next month.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: [SQ] PAT-KEN by Katakura Masanori - Discussion

i love this, but i have to say that this first chapter is a very rushed crash into the plot, purely to get to those final pages with Pat-ken in adorable armoured glory.