Pelvic Sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I'm always skeptical about such adaptations and I'm still unmoved despite the trailer. If it gets good reviews, I may check it out, unless that, I won't bother.

Have you had the chance to see Captain America 2 yet?
I was planning on going yesterday, but something came up. :heh

Might go tomorrow, have you seen it yet?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I was planning on going yesterday, but something came up. :heh

Might go tomorrow, have you seen it yet?
Yup. Top 2-3 best Marvel films. Absolutely loved it.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Which movies are on your top three list?

At the moment mine are:

#1 Avengers
#2 Captain America - The Winter Soldier
#3 Thor - The Dark World / Iron Man
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Which movies are on your top three list?

At the moment mine are:

#1 Avengers
#2 Captain America - The Winter Soldier
#3 Thor - The Dark World / Iron Man
Wow, pretty much how I'd rank it. Iron Man just slowly got worse. Mickey Rourke was horrible as the villain and Guy Pearce was even worse. RDJ was as enjoyable as ever but the story set up didn't do him any favours.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Yup. Top 2-3 best Marvel films. Absolutely loved it.
Which movies are on your top three list?

At the moment mine are:

#1 Avengers
#2 Captain America - The Winter Soldier
#3 Thor - The Dark World / Iron Man
Thor: The Dark World is the worst movie they've got out there, I found that movie absolutely horrible.
It looked good, but that's about it.

My list would somewhat look like this..

  1. Iron Man
  2. The Avengers
  3. Captain America: The First Avenger
  4. Thor
  5. The Incredible Hulk
  6. Iron Man 3
  7. Iron Man 2
  8. Thor: The Dark World
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Yeah Iron Man was way more enjoyable than IM2 and IM3. Same goes for Avengers of course which was pretty much another movie with RDJ as the main character... :XD

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Thor: The Dark World is the worst movie they've got out there, I found that movie absolutely horrible.
It looked good, but that's about it.
But why? Loki himself made that movie incredibly good. :D
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I think that Iron Man is a perfect example how a superhero action-movie should be. It's a perfect mix of all the elements.
Something they haven't been able to do ever since, although I heard The Winter Soldier is on a similar level.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

But why? Loki himself made that movie incredibly good. :D
The amount of Loki was too damn high! I agree that Loki is an excellent character and Hiddleston is an amazing actor.
The movie had so much unnecessary elements to it, too much comedy relief (pretty much Loki), dialogues, actions, scenes etc. Half of the movie could've been cut.
Which would've been like the original movie they planned until they added a shitload of Loki in it at the last moment.

The movie followed a weak plot which had weird structure, a lot of continuity errors. The only good thing in the movie was that they casted Christopher Eccleston, which I didn't really notice though and the CGI.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Ecclestone made no difference to me. Hiddlestone, Kat Dennings comedy, seeing Thor's maturity grow from the previous film were good to see. And Natalie Portman is much less annoying in this one. Only disappointing thing for me is not to see much of the Warriors 3 and Lady Sif in action besides the opening scene.
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Well lady Sif got her moments in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
But don't forget the epic Captain America cameo. :XD
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Ecclestone made no difference to me. Hiddlestone, Kat Dennings comedy, seeing Thor's maturity grow from the previous film were good to see. And Natalie Portman is much less annoying in this one. Only disappointing thing for me is not to see much of the Warriors 3 and Lady Sith in action besides the opening scene.
Well lady Sif got her moments in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
But don't forget the epic Captain America cameo. :XD
The comedy was fine, but it was too much! Ecclestone was a fun casting, I was psyched, but yeah, it didn't mean anything at all in the end.
Thor barely matured at all, he's still the same stupid guy he was, falling for Loki's obvious schemes, that's just pathetic.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't even count, that's just bad television. :nah
What cameo though?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't even count, that's just bad television. :nah
What cameo though?
Can't agree with that. AoS became better and better. It is a really good show by now.

Loki transforming into Captain America.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Can't agree with that. AoS became better and better. It is a really good show by now.

Loki transforming into Captain America.
Ah, it went from bad to poor to mediocre, which it still is. But they are planning on revamping the show once this story-arc ends. So that's a good thing.

However, I do find the show somewhat enjoyable. But it can't be called a good show. Not at all. Even though it had two or three 'good' episodes.

I don't even remember that.. Think this shows exactly what I thought of the movie. :derp
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

As I said it is getting better and better. Thanks to the events of CA2 it will get even better me thinks. Of course it isn't even close to Arrow but still. I hope it gets a second season.

Your taste sucks. :nah :derp
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

As I said it is getting better and better. Thanks to the events of CA2 it will get even better me thinks. Of course it isn't even close to Arrow but still. I hope it gets a second season.

Your taste sucks. :nah :derp
Taste is taste, I can put my taste aside and talk objectively about the subject, something which you probably can't.

Arrow is a solid show, it's consistent on it's level, never taking risk though. Delivers a good suspenseful show. I really like it. :nod
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I was joking of course. ;)
Of course I know that AoS started really low and the many breaks didn't help either but they had to start somewhere. It is getting better. They introduce more and more characters. This is not a show about super heroes after all.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I was joking of course. ;)
Of course I know that AoS started really low and the many breaks didn't help either but they had to start somewhere. It is getting better. They introduce more and more characters. This is not a show about super heroes after all.
Oh, alright.

The many breaks were the highlights of the season. :derp

They are definitely expanding on S.H.I.E.L.D. which is a good thing, but the quality hasn't really improved yet, I'm expecting these last three or four episodes to notice a quality improvement though.

And well, yeah.. I know.. It's called "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." after all.. :oh
Not sure why you had too mention that. :XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Was that ":derp" too subtle? :XD

Well not the fault of the show though. That was thanks to ABC.
Imo it did improve. The whole story about Coulson was great. They even introduced the Kree and we don't know which kind of Marvel character Skye will be in the end.

I did it because most of the haters are annoyed that there are no super heroes. I really look forward to the CA2 tie-in.
 
Last edited:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Was that ":derp" to subtle? :XD

Well not the fault of the show though. That was thanks to ABC.
Imo it did improve. The whole story about Coulson was great. They even introduced the Kree and we don't know which kind of Marvel character Skye will be in the end.

I did it because most of the haters are annoyed that there are no super heroes. I really look forward to the CA2 tie-in.
:derp is never subtle enough. :derp

And yeah, the show could've been vastly better if it wasn't aired on ABC.
That's definitely noticeable in the first two episodes, just look at the cheap-ass sets and costumes. The show needs a bigger budget and.. actual actors.. :XD

Well, there are no haters here I guess. But yeah, they were talking rather big about the Winter Soldier tie-in, so I'm rather curious.
The Sif appearance was fun, but slightly disappointing after what they promised it would be.

I didn't care though.. Sif :hurr
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Most of the actors were really bad in the beginning yes but it got better. Skye almost behaves like a real actress from time to time.
Disney should give them some money...

Well looking at the story of the movie and the name of the show it has to be big. It should've a big influence on AoS.

I still think Skye = Spider-Woman or Cpt. Marvel though. :D

Me thinks that this episode might be important for Thor 3.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Most of the actors were really bad in the beginning yes but it got better. Skye almost behaves like a real actress from time to time.
Disney should give them some money...

Well looking at the story of the movie and the name of the show it has to be big. It should've a big influence on AoS.

I still think Skye = Spider-Woman or Cpt. Marvel though. :D

Me thinks that this episode might be important for Thor 3.
No, no. They are still the same, we've just gotten used to it. :p

And no, Skye is Skye. She might develop a superpower or not. But she's a new original character so I doubt she's going to be one of those.
There were already several interviews regarding that episode and it's not going to influence the movie(s) in any way. The enchantress will be AoS-only.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top