don't blind buy, unless you re sure you will like the notes, especially considering the price of Tom Ford fragrances, Ideally try it in shop, or get decants/samples, and always try it on skin, and wait hours for dry the drown. Sometimes when you spray a fragrance its not smelling good, but magic appears later, after minutes or a hour or 2. everyone chemistry is different what will work with someone might not work with everyone. And always pick something, you like, and that fits you (like any gament)
I always buy the decant because I easily get bored and want to try new things. Usually 5 ml or 10 ml. I like the idea of "surprise me" so I never tried the scent first, but I always asked this friend of mine who is expert at perfume. Like I ask for her recommendations
same not to mention men wearing perfume is a sunnah in Islam
I always buy the decant because I easily get bored and want to try new things. Usually 5 ml or 10 ml. I like the idea of "surprise me" so I never tried the scent first, but I always asked this friend of mine who is expert at perfume. Like I ask for her recommendations
Hi.
This thread is meant to be a discussion thread for the brands and types of perfume you'd wear, your experiences with them and more. There are all sorts of names for these good smells, from deodorants and shower gels to aftershaves for men and the more elegant range of perfumes, of which there are too many to mention but plenty to discuss.
I myself am wearing two different parfumes at the moment. The first one is Fahrenheit 32, Dior (oriental orange blossom, with notes of soft and spicy) which I am wearing for about a year now. I've only got positive feedback sofar and I also find that it fits me very well and smells good on me.
The second I've bought half a year ago is Le Bateleur from D&G (€69.99 ), which I already start to dislike somehow. It's also the first unisex parfume I've ever tried.
Collecting lab-grown diamonds from LaBrilliante https://labrilliante.com/ is a joy! Their eco-friendly, GIA/IGI-certified stones come in diverse shapes and colors, perfect for unique collections. The site’s easy navigation and customization options make it a gem for enthusiasts. More German content would enhance the experience. Highly recommended
Has anyone else tried any good smelling perfumes lately?
Been really into gourmand-type perfumes lately, especially vanilla ones. Recently got Eclaire by Lataffa, it's a super creamy caramel - perfect for summer days! Makes me smell like a cookie. My forever favorites stay Libre Intense (YSL) and Vanilla 28 by Kayali.
Been really into gourmand-type perfumes lately, especially vanilla ones. Recently got Eclaire by Lataffa, it's a super creamy caramel - perfect for summer days! Makes me smell like a cookie. My forever favorites stay Libre Intense (YSL) and Vanilla 28 by Kayali.
h im surprised someone mention Eclair, i got the original Bianco latte. Kayali ones are amazing.I do have other from lattafa. Wait till i'm back home to talk about those i m so addicted to parfumes lately. oh i managed to get the one i wanted from xerjoff ill send pics later
h im surprised someone mention Eclair, i got the original Bianco latte. Kayali ones are amazing.I do have other from lattafa. Wait till i'm back home to talk about those i m so addicted to parfumes lately. oh i managed to get the one i wanted from xerjoff ill send pics later
I actually wanted Bianco Latte but it's so expensive hahahaha, that's why I ended up with Eclair! It's still on my to-buy list though. What's your current fav?
I actually wanted Bianco Latte but it's so expensive hahahaha, that's why I ended up with Eclair! It's still on my to-buy list though. What's your current fav?
I’m back home,and yep, time to talk about my addiction
Tbh, I don’t think Bianco Latte is a must. I bought it before Eclaire was released, and if Eclaire had been out back then, I’d have gone straight for that one instead. BL is still an amazing fragrance though ; I mainly use it for layering. I’m a total gourmand lover, and Lira is still one of my all-time faves. But what really gets me are gourmands with a twist: woody, spicy, or even smoky touches. Lately I’ve been leaning more toward unisex vibes (though, let’s be honest, who cares about labels, fragrance has no gender, anyone can wear anything). For example, I definitely want Ombre Nomade, which is marketed as masculine, but when I tried it on my skin… wow. Loved it and want it, but way too expensive.... Its not the only one.
Recently, I picked up Via Cavour from Xerjoff. Gorgeous scent, but for some reason, I don’t dare wear it at work ,maybe it feels too much there., It's very sexy I think, not for exeryone I think, Lira, is safer imo. But Via cavour is such a gem.
I also got Vinegia 21 from The Merchant of Venice. I first saw that brand when I went to Venice two years ago but couldn’t grab a bottle back then. Finally got my hands on it and… wow. Sweet, ambery, spicy, just beautiful. Also the bottle is made with Murano glass
And from Lattafa, I have to recommend Khamrah especially the Qahwa version. It’s beyond amazing, especially for the price ! Around around 35/40€. Inspired by Angel’s Share, but still different enough to stand on its own. really great !
And as for my new favorite… I won’t say too much (gatekeeping moment ). It’s a Middle Eastern fragrance, pricey, but honestly the best thing I’ve ever smelled. When I was in Toronto, people literally stopped me on the street to ask what I was wearing. Even at work, parents ask me all the time about it. I’ve already told too many people, so now I’m keeping quiet lmao.
There are just too many I want I saw some Guerlain that caught my attention, even the bottles that made me melt, Xerjoff has endless temptations too, and there are a couple too at Kilian… but way too expensive for me. And the worst part? Every time I finally grab one I’ve been craving, a dozen new ones drop that sound amazing. Its just a neverending cycle
I’m back home,and yep, time to talk about my addiction
Tbh, I don’t think Bianco Latte is a must. I bought it before Eclaire was released, and if Eclaire had been out back then, I’d have gone straight for that one instead. BL is still an amazing fragrance though ; I mainly use it for layering. I’m a total gourmand lover, and Lira is still one of my all-time faves. But what really gets me are gourmands with a twist: woody, spicy, or even smoky touches. Lately I’ve been leaning more toward unisex vibes (though, let’s be honest, who cares about labels, fragrance has no gender, anyone can wear anything). For example, I definitely want Ombre Nomade, which is marketed as masculine, but when I tried it on my skin… wow. Loved it and want it, but way too expensive.... Its not the only one.
Hmm yeah I get that! Especially if there are indeed similar fragrances out there (like eclair, I've seen people recommending others as an alternative as well).
I like spicier scents as well, unisex scents can be great but I feel like sometimes they're too heavy on me personally.
It's so sad so many fragrances cost an arm and a leg - so many I still want lol
Recently, I picked up Via Cavour from Xerjoff. Gorgeous scent, but for some reason, I don’t dare wear it at work ,maybe it feels too much there., It's very sexy I think, not for exeryone I think, Lira, is safer imo. But Via cavour is such a gem.
I also got Vinegia 21 from The Merchant of Venice. I first saw that brand when I went to Venice two years ago but couldn’t grab a bottle back then. Finally got my hands on it and… wow. Sweet, ambery, spicy, just beautiful. Also the bottle is made with Murano glass
And from Lattafa, I have to recommend Khamrah especially the Qahwa version. It’s beyond amazing, especially for the price ! Around around 35/40€. Inspired by Angel’s Share, but still different enough to stand on its own. really great !
And as for my new favorite… I won’t say too much (gatekeeping moment ). It’s a Middle Eastern fragrance, pricey, but honestly the best thing I’ve ever smelled. When I was in Toronto, people literally stopped me on the street to ask what I was wearing. Even at work, parents ask me all the time about it. I’ve already told too many people, so now I’m keeping quiet lmao.
Oohhh alright alright, nice nice! Do you have a big collection by the way?
And yeah I definitely want to try more Lattafa fragrances, great quality for the price honestly. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll remember this one!
Lmao gatekeeping is good tbh - been wanting to try a certain fragrance for awhile now but it went viral and now it's either double the price or sold out in other places.
There are just too many I want I saw some Guerlain that caught my attention, even the bottles that made me melt, Xerjoff has endless temptations too, and there are a couple too at Kilian… but way too expensive for me. And the worst part? Every time I finally grab one I’ve been craving, a dozen new ones drop that sound amazing. Its just a neverending cycle
Hmmm personally haven't found Guerlain one that I liked but the bottles are so nice indeed. And I get that, every time I'm like "okay I'm satisfied" I see a new one
Kayali is releasing a chocolate oud scent I'm kind of interested in - sounds really interesting. Could either be delicious or really bad imo
This one, but honestly there are so many in that collection that sound amazing… problem is, they’re like 350€ and I'm pretty confident I can find siimilar scents for less.
Im curious to try something new. What do you guys recommend a guy in his 40s?
I've used aqua de gio in the past and some random ones here and there but currently have been using Halston for the past few years. Im not a huge cologne person so any recommendations to try would be nice.
Im curious to try something new. What do you guys recommend a guy in his 40s?
I've used aqua de gio in the past and some random ones here and there but currently have been using Halston for the past few years. Im not a huge cologne person so any recommendations to try would be nice.
Ok, where to start… First, just a reminder: I’m speaking from my own taste. What I like may not be your style, so always test before buying. But I'm trying to stay generic enough and mention the ones that i think are overall pleasing.
Keep in mind before buying :
Always try samples/decants, especially for expensive scents. If you’re in the US, there are tons of decant sellers online. Otherwise, test in store, Sephora etc.
Always test on skin, not just paper. Skin chemistry changes everything.
Don’t judge on first sniff. Most fragrances reveal themselves in the dry down (30 min to 1h after spraying).
Scents can also evolve with time (maceration, reformulations, batch variations, even weather) Some same fragrance can smell differently.
If you don’t like a perfume at first, give it a few tries. Some of my favorites were “meh” the first time but grew on me.
Once you start to find perfumes you like, check their notes pyramid. That’ll help you figure out which notes you love most, and you can figure others that you might like in the same family. But keep an open mind,sometimes something outside your comfort zone wil surprise you.
this is Tom Ford, Ombre Leather notes (2018 for exple :
Now, here are my recommendations (all scents I either own samples, want, or would gladly wear myself):
Designers (easier to find in stores)
Dior Fahrenheit - one of my all-time favorites. Iconic, but I cant remember which is my fave EDT, Parfum, etc..
Dior Sauvage Elixir - very popular, mass-appealing, but everyone and their mother wear it.
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Elixir - nice, but also everywhere.
Stronger With You Armani - I tried it recently, and it’s great Intensily version). Definitely on my wish list.
Hermès Terre d’Hermès - classy, works great even though it’s marketed to men I do want it.
Designer/Niche “In-Between”
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille - I own this, and it’s amazing.
Tom Ford Ombre Leather - love it and definitely need it and actually i have it in my card in an online shop lol.
Mancera Cedrat Boisé - tried it once, loved it.
Niche
Xerjoff Naxos - excellent tobacco fragrance. ( i have a sample)
Parfums de Marly Layton - very likable , pretty much all Parfums de Marly are safe buy.
Black Phantom by Kilian - I only have a decant, but I adore it.
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade - very high on my wishlist, but the price is crazy.
Kilian Angels’ Share - boozy and warm and sweet. If price is too high, check Lattafa Khamrah Qahwa (great alternative).
Louis Vuitton Pacific Chill - also beautiful, but too expensive for what it is thare are lots of cheaper alternatives last longer.
Memo has a lot of leather fragrances that look amazing, and some are on "my to get one day" list
Middle Eastern
Imperial Valley & Luna by Gissah - IV is a little scratchy somehow, but so great, the kind that grow on you gradually, but it shines in very hot weather, strong and elegant (gissah is a niche brand) Luna is amazing too. its 200ml for like 140 euros or so . But both really work better in very hot weather. ( i have both in 50 ml )
Dumont Nitro Platinum -solid and pretty affordable fragrance. i think less than 35 euros ?
Lattafa Assad - budget-friendly alternative to Dior Sauvage.
Lattafa Khamrah - sweet, boozy, warm, fantastic for the price.
So basically, for men, I think smoky and leathery notes work incredibly well, but sweet/gourmand ones can also be amazing if you like them, my 2 scents (pun intended)
Ok, where to start… First, just a reminder: I’m speaking from my own taste. What I like may not be your style, so always test before buying. But I'm trying to stay generic enough and mention the ones that i think are overall pleasing.
Keep in mind before buying :
Always try samples/decants, especially for expensive scents. If you’re in the US, there are tons of decant sellers online. Otherwise, test in store, Sephora etc.
Always test on skin, not just paper. Skin chemistry changes everything.
Don’t judge on first sniff. Most fragrances reveal themselves in the dry down (30 min to 1h after spraying).
Scents can also evolve with time (maceration, reformulations, batch variations, even weather) Some same fragrance can smell differently.
If you don’t like a perfume at first, give it a few tries. Some of my favorites were “meh” the first time but grew on me.
Once you start to find perfumes you like, check their notes pyramid. That’ll help you figure out which notes you love most, and you can figure others that you might like in the same family. But keep an open mind,sometimes something outside your comfort zone wil surprise you.
this is Tom Ford, Ombre Leather notes (2018 for exple :
Now, here are my recommendations (all scents I either own samples, want, or would gladly wear myself):
Designers (easier to find in stores)
Dior Fahrenheit - one of my all-time favorites. Iconic, but I cant remember which is my fave EDT, Parfum, etc..
Dior Sauvage Elixir - very popular, mass-appealing, but everyone and their mother wear it.
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Elixir - nice, but also everywhere.
Stronger With You Armani → I tried it recently, and it’s great Intensily version). Definitely on my wish list.
Hermès Terre d’Hermès → classy, works great even though it’s marketed to men I do want it.
Designer/Niche “In-Between”
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille - I own this, and it’s amazing.
Tom Ford Ombre Leather - love it and definitely need it and actually i have it in my card in an online shop lol.
Mancera Cedrat Boisé - tried it once, loved it.
Niche
Xerjoff Naxos - excellent tobacco fragrance. ( i have a sample)
Parfums de Marly Layton - very likable , pretty much all Parfums de Marly are safe buy.
Black Phantom by Kilian - I only have a decant, but I adore it.
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade - very high on my wishlist, but the price is crazy.
Kilian Angels’ Share - boozy and warm and sweet. If price is too high, check Lattafa Khamrah Qahwa (great alternative).
Louis Vuitton Pacific Chill - also beautiful, but too expensive for what it is thare are lots of cheaper alternatives last longer.
Memo has a lot of leather fragrances that look amazing, and some are on "my to get one day" list
Middle Eastern
Imperial Valley & Luna by Gissah - IV is a little scratchy somehow, but so great, the kind that grow on you gradually, but it shines in very hot weather, strong and elegant (gissah is a niche brand) Luna is amazing too. its 200ml for like 140 euros or so . But both really work better in very hot weather.
Dumont Nitro Platinum -solid and pretty affordable fragrance. i think less than 35 euros ?
Lattafa Assad - budget-friendly alternative to Dior Sauvage.
Lattafa Khamrah - sweet, boozy, warm, fantastic for the price.
So basically, for men, I think smoky and leathery notes work incredibly well, but sweet/gourmand ones can also be amazing if you like them, my 2 scents (pun intended)