Character - Physical feat of strength | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Physical feat of strength

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not including anything that is the result of using a tennis racket (otherwise any glowing shot guy is automatically impossibly physically strong), who would be the physically strongest guys in Prince of Tennis? Here would be my picks:

Oni - Can lift a boulder.

Sanada and Kawamura - Can catch a guy falling with one hand.

Kintaro - Can lift a motorcycle.

Notable omissions:

Duke - He's probably very strong but he's done nothing that isn't related to tennis and is not eligible.

Akutsu - He caught Kawamura while airborne and ripped a hole in the fence, but I'm not familiar with how that compares with the above feats of strength.

So looking at the list, it seems like there aren't too many feats of strength that doesn't involve a tennis racket.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You could probably count Kawamura and Kabaji catching the floodlight. Can't really think of anything else though.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Feats of Strength

Was looking at the part where the losers for the MS players are climbing the cliff and how Kabaji was able to carry Momoshiro while mountain climbing, and it occurred to me that feat of physical strength isn't actually very common in POT. After all, we just saw the USA team got locked behind a regular door that they apparently can't just bust open. Byodoin, after all, got hurt rescuing Duke's sister from a collapsing building even though Kabaji and Kawamura was able to hold up a collapsing light or whatever they smashed during the black jacket game. So, who in POT is capable of a feat of strength comparable to what Kabaji did? This isn't going to be a strictly power player list, as I don't think Byodoin, whose shot is stronger than any pure power player let alone any normal player, can necessarily pull this off (lift a guy and climb a mountain by himself). Some obvious candidates + some other not-so-clear ones:

Oni - Can lift a boulder, would be a piece of cake of him.

Kintaro - Can lift a motorcycle (I think, been a long time) and is generally described as freakishly strong, so should be able to do it fine.

Kawamura/Sanada - Caught someone falling off a cliff with one hand while supporting their entire weight with only one other hand, so they look strong enough to do it too. Kawamura also supported the collapsing lights with Kabaji, so it seems like the two are meant to have comparable strength.

Niou - He can just turn into Kabaji.

Akutsu - He caught Kawamura flying through the air, and in the 'winners go to the cliff training' I think he was shown to be able to lift the security guys with one hand. While that's probably not canon, it's something I'd expect him to be able to do.

Duke - I guess with all that muscle and being the #1 power player he better be able to do it, even though he has shown no direct feats of strength. I'll throw in Gin here too, since it does seem to be implied that he's supposed to be stronger than Kawamura physically, as opposed to someone like Byodoin or even Ryoma who can hit a shot much more powerful than a power shot but is clearly not meant to have superhuman strength.

Krauser - When he did his Southern Cross people commented that his strength makes it hard to believe he's only a 1st year and was compared to Kintaro, so he's probably meant to be physically strong too.

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Feats of Strength

Momo "killed" someone with his dunk smash so he must be pretty strong.
Tachibana shiraishi and momo broke higuma otoshi.
Tanishi big bang is a very powerful serve. It knocked ryomas racket out of his hand for a bunch of games.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Feats of Strength

Their power on tennis isn't always a reflection of their physical strength. Otherwise there's literally no reason why team USA could've been stuck behind a locked door. Ryoma can do a glowing shot which puts his destructive power easily above most of the people who has shown to be strong enough to pick someone up easily but I sure don't see him picking up Momoshiro and continue climbing as if it's nothing.

Momoshiro has been described as very strong but I'm not sure if he's quite that strong. Since Kaidoh can pick up Momoshiro and climb for a while, and they're roughly meant to be rivals, I guess Momoshiro being clearly the stronger guy (but with less endurance) can do it but not for as long compared to Kaidoh, but while his endurance holds he'd have an easier time doing the same feat compared to Kaidoh.

Shiraishi I think is borderline because he trains with a golden armguard and that's supposed to be very heavy so at least one of his arm must have a lot of strength, not because his strength has a power rating of 4 or whatever. However since his power is imbalanced toward one arm it might be difficult for him to do this particular feat.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
[mod=Kaoz]Merged with the old version of the thread.[/mod]