Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I am online on skype. But you dont have me on skype. :oh
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

LOL. man i waited for like, an hour for *someone* to go online. I didn't get to read your message, imp. If I did I would have added you because I was hankering to talk to someone. instead, i went on a drunken rampage in the forums...:redface
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Ohai, haven't been here for quite some versions time. :3

About that drunken rampage, I don't complain, and I doubt anyone will. We loved it! Reminded us of the time when ippy always showed up shitfaced on the forums :3 (not that you were as drunk but your spelling skills was about as good as his ;))
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

hehe, that was pretty good for drunken posts, I should say. They were still readable. :oh

I had posts that I print-screened years before where people tried to guess what I meant :XD
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Share pretty pretty please :wtf
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i admire you for planning that out, MD. just grabbing your bags and going to manila, job hunt... @_@

i mean, you didn't even send emails and wait for an interview just to hit 2 birds with one trip, maybe?
uhm, well, i did have a couple of final interviews with the respective employers (arabian). but even if i didn't, id still take those kind of job hunting trips. i always believe that going to such extent will considerably increase my chances of getting a job abroad.

actually, after that interview, i came across another agency who were looking for system and network administrator. so i submitted a set of all my credentials. the next day, they texted me to come back on the 31st for a final interview with the employer. im not sure if ill be taking this one. my pocket is all empty now until next pay day :(

It's a pretty common practice amongst call-center peeps. You mostly have a list prepared beforehand.
among call-center peeps based in MANILA. we don't have that kind of luxury here in the provinces, save cebu.

oh, i almost forgot, there's an agency based in cebu that hires call center agents for singapore. you might wanna take a look at it bb, if you're considering other options. :)
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I got robbed on the train the other day. :/

I'm leaving Manila for Cebu with some friends on the 31st. We're off to Bohol~
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

ha! i mean,,, sorry queen. Being robbed is a really bad thing.

But it's a common occurrence in Manila. Not only do you get robbed, in trains you get groped and breathed on. >.< And shoved for an hour until you finally get on the train.

That's why I hate the MRT. And Manila, in general :p If my friends and alma mater weren't there, I'd never think of visiting it.

Bohol is a nice provincial but tourist place, Queen. Do try the famous Danao Adventure Park Plunge. It's a free-fall off a cliff and you swing. I haven't tried it but I'd really really love to :nuts

I'm just chilling here in the mountains, drinking while driving because nobody else is on the road and if I get off track I just bump into harmless pineapples. :oh Pine trees, on the other hand, do quite a lot of damage to a vehicle.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Heh, I actually had both of those happen to me. I got my butt groped on the same day, but a later train ride. A swift elbow and a glare stopped it surprisingly quickly. -_-"
My friend was like, "dude- you have massive balls. When it happens to me I'm too shy to say anything." :/

Basically, I've had an old Iphone 3g for the last 2 or so years, and I didn't mean to take it with me because I didn't want it to get stolen, but- long story short- I ended up with it here. I couldn't use it but it was handy for music/wifi/picture taking.
My friend has an Ipad and doesn't see much harm in whipping it out on the train and Jeepneys, but I always kept my phone in my pocket with my hand over it and never took it out, because I didn't feel safe.

Anyway, the other day we were boarding the MRT, and so I was targeted by about 3 or 4 guys. 3 of them came up behind me and shoved me into my friend so my arms were pinned while one snatched my phone from my pocket. He was pretty skilled- he managed to grab it in a second and unplug the headphones at the same time.
Still, I felt it, and immediately screamed "SOMEONE STOLE MY PHONE" and turned around but they were gone. :/
I told the guard who was behind me on the train but he pretty much just stared at me blankly. I didn't bother to file a police report or anything.

I was upset, of course, but I've figured 'C'est la vie.' Moping about it won't get it back so might as well look on the bright side. At least I have my health/passport. ^_^

I'm not sure what we're doing in Cebu- we're staying at my friend's roomates house, but if possible I wanna do the cliff fall! :D
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Bohol is an hour's boat ride from cebu for about 800 php i think if you buy the ticket within 3 days. if you get it in a week the prices drop.

i just want two things from you. a picture of you about to plunge, and a pic of you with a tarsier on your head :nuts
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

...No comment. XD


Bah. Apparently we're not going to Cebu- apparently we're going to Taligabana or somewhere which is more expensive to fly. D:
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i feel for you Queen. good thing im over 200lbs with long beard and a hair cut like john regala. :D
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i feel for you Queen. good thing im over 200lbs with long beard and a hair cut like john regala. :D
Haha, bet you're pretty safe! XD

My friend felt like it was her fault, but like I said to her- I'm a white chick in Manila. I was going to get robbed sooner or later. :darn

By any chance do you know the filo band Tanya Markova? I've been hanging out with them the last couple of days. They wear really weird make-up when they're on stage. XD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

It's Tagbilaran airport. :p

Dunno the new local bands these days. I'm a hermit. :oh
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

It's Tagbilaran airport. :p

Dunno the new local bands these days. I'm a hermit. :oh
here's their vid clip of a song I like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmfrz90nerM

Apparently they're famous for some "picture picture" song. :x

yeah, it'll cost about 4,000 to fly into Tag... I'm trying to convince her to come to Cebu instead since it'll be nearly half the price and it's only about 2 or 3 hours away. -_-
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yes please do. then we can drink! :cookiehand since... that time I'll probably be accepted after my job interview (which is a good reason to drink) or.. I hadn't been accepted (which is also a good reason to get wasted, I guess) :XD

MD, when will you be in Cebu? :wtf
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Haha, bet you're pretty safe! XD
oh yeah, sporting a pop culture badass haircut, yeah.. that's my security blanket there.. :P

My friend felt like it was her fault, but like I said to her- I'm a white chick in Manila. I was going to get robbed sooner or later. :darn
man.. that way you said it, "I'm a white chick in Manila." LOL its nothing..

MD, when will you be in Cebu? :wtf
dunno b.. now that you mentioned it, i kinda miss the drinking tradition of the bisdaks! :D will let you know, ayt? ;)


bye guys, got an early shift tomorrow. we got ourselves a TOWN HALL MEETING, where the big wigs gets some longed for spanking! HA! love it! *poof*
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Man, its time like those you wish you had superpowers huh. One BAM! and then a SPLAT! and poof, baddie gone.

Im just kidding, try and stay safe. :tossu

Speaking of muggings, i dont think ive even been mugged. Although I think its more of a coincidence then anything. Well maybe before my growth spurt it could have been... ._.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

my dad saw my drunken post on FB.. >.>

he said he didn't like my language...

I tried to go all techie on him to lose him, saying that post was made by all sorts of people [who were tagged in the post] and they were saying the bad language (which is just... sh*t, btw).

then i quickly changed the topic. :shakefist I never expected him to go online on FB because he just managed to learn email! :shakefist
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

well next time just limit your drunken rampage on obscure forums. FB is such an open field.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top