Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

hey kuro-tan. I have a new kdrama to watch. Title is Heartstrings. Guess what, it's about music majors in love. What could go wrong, eh?
So, I'm guessing a classical soundtrack? Isn't that going to be similar to Beethoven virus?

And Park Shin Hye! -mangiggle-. And that second stringer from You're Beautiful :D. Shippers who got disappointed finally got their dream match-up lol.

I really wish our local shows would do more stuff similar to this where good music sets the background. Or at least do what anime soundtrack does with up-and-coming artists. That would help our music industry.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Shit, I wish our local shows had better everything. The directors are shit, the equipment and production values are shit, and only a handful of actors actually know how to act (everyone else is just there because they're pretty). I'd also like for our actors to stay as actors, and not spread themselves too thin with politics and music... Let's face it, even if you do know how to act, that doesn't mean that you know how to sing.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

haven't you yet realized that the broadcast media in this country is just a stepping stone for a political career? where else can they gain the ignorant majority voters' attention most of the time?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

haven't you yet realized that the broadcast media in this country is just a stepping stone for a political career? where else can they gain the ignorant majority voters' attention most of the time?
Why, the CCT, of course.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

So, I'm guessing a classical soundtrack? Isn't that going to be similar to Beethoven virus?

And Park Shin Hye! -mangiggle-. And that second stringer from You're Beautiful :D. Shippers who got disappointed finally got their dream match-up lol.
At first I thought she was Yoon Eun-hye (from Goong and Coffee Prince)


as they do look familiar... >.>


I really wish our local shows would do more stuff similar to this where good music sets the background. Or at least do what anime soundtrack does with up-and-coming artists. That would help our music industry.
It's not classical music background but traditional with er... applied music (the major they call where the rockers belong :p) So there's a lot of traditional Korean instruments involved like their flute, percussion and string instrument (which she's majoring in). I absolutely love the soundtrack since it sounds so new and fresh to me :wtf

I don't know this Beethoven virus but it's nothing like Nodame Cantabile for example... (of which I can totally go off-tangent with because it's another drama I really really really like :nuts)

The Paper Chef said:
Shit, I wish our local shows had better everything. The directors are shit, the equipment and production values are shit, and only a handful of actors actually know how to act (everyone else is just there because they're pretty). I'd also like for our actors to stay as actors, and not spread themselves too thin with politics and music... Let's face it, even if you do know how to act, that doesn't mean that you know how to sing.
well, concepts like this, it's too complicated for Pinoy drama, I guess? :/

I think our drama scene had started with "Pinoy Ako" by Orange and Lemons, which... had horrible results. How shameful could that have been, eh?

But I loved when Sugarfree shared their music for Panday with Makita Kang Muli- using reminiscent traditional music there to boot.

It's not too hopeless, you know.

FYI, korean dramas, when my friend did Korean studies, were purposely written to project to the world a certain worldview about Korea= part of their country's projects or something.

If you notice, Kdramas are more cutesy and colorful (not to mention conservative) compared to Jdramas...

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

can i just say that pic above of Yoon Eun hye is sooooo hot? :blai
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

re:Korean shows- My best friend (who happens to be Korean) tells me that he hates these shows with a passion because they turn majority of the young girls into totally spoiled princesses, with exceptionally high expectations.

re: our TV situation- I don't think we're THAT hopeless, but I do think that the demand for mediocrity is ruining the craft. There has not been one single filipino show that's ever left me wanting more. This is because TV stations are too cheap to spring for quality equipment, quality sets, quality actors, and proper directors and writers. Everyone wants the same old tear-fest or light-hearted fantasy (with incredibly bad production values). What annoys me the most is the demand for child actors that CANNOT ACT. All they require is for the kid to be able to cry on cue and be cute.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

It's not classical music background but traditional with er... applied music (the major they call where the rockers belong :p) So there's a lot of traditional Korean instruments involved like their flute, percussion and string instrument (which she's majoring in). I absolutely love the soundtrack since it sounds so new and fresh to me :wtf
So, like Goong? :P. With rock?

And yeah, they do look alike, but Yoon Eun-Hye is skinny, that's why she passed off as a man better in Coffee Prince than PSH in You're Beautiful. You should see You're Beautiful, too, BTW.

But I loved when Sugarfree shared their music for Panday with Makita Kang Muli- using reminiscent traditional music there to boot.
Yeah. Best local TV soundtrack ever. They used it well, too. Too bad the show itself degenerated like 4 eps in.

That's another thing I'd like to hear, more adapted folk music in mainstream. Our artists are too busy belting out tired ballads than putting creativity in their music.

If you notice, Kdramas are more cutesy and colorful (not to mention conservative) compared to Jdramas...
Kdramas love to troll though :D. They can give you a bright bubbly rom-com for 20 eps and then kick you in the balls with a tragedy on the last episode. And never look back. Some people say it's a national mindset that also contributes to why relatively successful people have high suicide rates.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

But I loved when Sugarfree shared their music for Panday with Makita Kang Muli- using reminiscent traditional music there to boot.
man, im getting major chills just imagining a drama scene with Silent Sanctuary's Hiling in the background..
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

So, like Goong? :P. With rock?

And yeah, they do look alike, but Yoon Eun-Hye is skinny, that's why she passed off as a man better in Coffee Prince than PSH in You're Beautiful. You should see You're Beautiful, too, BTW.
hmm... More like musical approach- University setting, art school, there's a big centennial musical coming up, and the whole story revolves around this musical project. So like, collaborations between musicians from different departments, as well as dance and theater majors, etc. etc.

​

I'm watching "You're Beautiful" now hehehe. It's been an entire week where I'd had 4 hours of sleep per day (and going to work, to boot) because of these two damn series I'm watching simultaneously! :shakefist



Yeah. Best local TV soundtrack ever. They used it well, too. Too bad the show itself degenerated like 4 eps in.

That's another thing I'd like to hear, more adapted folk music in mainstream. Our artists are too busy belting out tired ballads than putting creativity in their music.
well, I never watched an episode of Panday to really say anything about it. I just... saw the Sugarfree segments as commercials in ABS...

---------- Post added August 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was August 20, 2011 at 05:19 PM ----------

ahem... wat up, y'all?

hahay, I'm quite stressed from work these days as my day off was taken away from me and thus resulting to two weeks of working straight. fj a;sldkfj;adkoads; just thinking about it breaks my nerves. :rant

and because of this stress I even snapped at my parents when they were only trying to help. :/ I was really angry at my cousin who criticized my blog for being too negative or something like that, and I was like, try working 13 days straight without a dayoff and I'll bet you'll be negative as hell.

Well, I'm over that, I'm not complaining about that anymore, but the people around me are killing me right now arrrgh.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

You work six days a week? :(. That sucks.

I hope you've made it up to your parents. Kinda old and cliche, but it's nice that you was able to avoid the pride trap.


========================================

EDIT: I'm all for gay rights and stuff, but would I still be a bigot if I say that I want to punch those flaming ones (like the ones who call themselves 'fabulous') in the face every time I see a pic of them?

I mean, I don't mind if you want some guy to be all over you, and I get that you're not a female. So stop pretending you're one. Or at least don't rub your frustrations on not being able to be one all over everyone else's faces.

I swear, gays in the Philippines are confused between homosexuality and identity crisis.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

EDIT: I'm all for gay rights and stuff, but would I still be a bigot if I say that I want to punch those flaming ones (like the ones who call themselves 'fabulous') in the face every time I see a pic of them?

I mean, I don't mind if you want some guy to be all over you, and I get that you're not a female. So stop pretending you're one. Or at least don't rub your frustrations on not being able to be one all over everyone else's faces.

I swear, gays in the Philippines are confused between homosexuality and identity crisis.
what brought this on? any overly loud obnoxious faggot we can bash?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

what brought this on? any overly loud obnoxious faggot we can bash?
Heh, I'm done with the online lynching :D.

I was browsing for a pic for my mom's church activities. And google's images search brings up several pictures from a blog of someone from the same church as her calling himself 'fabulous'. I swear, this has to be more 'offensive' than the Mideo thing.

I'mma help you fight for your rights, but please don't make the point for those who are saying that homosexuality is a disease.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Funny enough, my homosexual (gay, lesbian, bi) friends HATE "flaming faggots" and "diesel dikes" with a passion. They say that it's just sad and annoying... like how the Dalish hate the city-elves, or how the dwarf commoners hate the castless; the divide isn't that great, but the differences in ideology and mentality are miles apart.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

And google's images search brings up several pictures from a blog of someone from the same church as her calling himself 'fabulous'. I swear, this has to be more 'offensive' than the Mideo thing.

I'mma help you fight for your rights, but please don't make the point for those who are saying that homosexuality is a disease.
Funny enough, my homosexual (gay, lesbian, bi) friends HATE "flaming faggots" and "diesel dikes" with a passion. They say that it's just sad and annoying...
I'm only exposed to the loud obnoxious type of male faggots. And I know who pretends to be the sensible type; because whenever I see the obnoxious type hate wells up in me, making my blood boil, and I hear the words KILL THE FAGGOT! That's why I never let myself be left with a fag alone in a room, I might end up killing him.

My lesbian friend however still acts like herself, only difference in her since she came out was a more pronounced preference for female company. crap, that was her before too, okay, the only difference would be her brutally short hairstyle. And her constantly barraging me with "I can help you get a girlfriend but first get a life, get rid of the hate" conversations.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

That's why I never let myself be left with a fag alone in a room, I might end up killing him.
Oh, god, that reminds me. When I was in college I was a contestant at one of those foreign franchised quiz game shows where part of the prize for getting selected was to spend the overnight at a hotel before the taping. It was a room for two, but I was an antisocial bastard and came alone.

I was enjoying the amenities of a hotel like bathtubs, etc, when late at night this gay PA comes up, does an interview regarding my educational background (which I should've lied to, if it weren't for the "lie or we'll sue you" clause. They adjust the questions based on educational background, and I'm Science High School -> UP Diliman. My fourth question was much more difficult than the 1 million question for the first winner)

Afterwards he says he wanted to ask more background questions, so he continued, without the clipboard this time. Then came to asking why I was alone and if I had no girlfriend. So I explained. Then, all of a sudden, he was asking if I was open to having a relationship with a guy.

Then it was me going "Oh, hell no!" and trying the nicest way to kick him out of the room.

I guess that's how girls feel when a guy tries to go all horny on her. That gay dude was still a dude after all.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I have absolutely no brain matter left to make a constructive post to input in this conversation over gay guys and such things.

This time I really don't have anything to say about my "work" per se, but the politics. I have a feeling I may be getting another "fire out" thing coming on....

I'm bracing myself. For when the morning comes. >.> I leave it to the constellations whatever my fate is.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I have absolutely no brain matter left to make a constructive post to input in this conversation over gay guys and such things.

This time I really don't have anything to say about my "work" per se, but the politics. I have a feeling I may be getting another "fire out" thing coming on....

I'm bracing myself. For when the morning comes. >.> I leave it to the constellations whatever my fate is.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I have absolutely no brain matter left to make a constructive post to input in this conversation over gay guys and such things.

This time I really don't have anything to say about my "work" per se, but the politics. I have a feeling I may be getting another "fire out" thing coming on....

I'm bracing myself. For when the morning comes. >.> I leave it to the constellations whatever my fate is.

Ahh, the workplace:
1. You don't want to get fired, so you work harder.
2. The harder you work, the better your chances of getting promoted to a higher rank.
3. The higher your rank, the more reasons for you to get fired.

It's really no wonder why the common tao settles for mediocrity. It's the smart thing to do.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Just a repost, thought it might help:


1. - The Boss is always right.

2. - If the Boss is wrong, see Rule 1.

3. Those who work get more work. Others get pay, perks, and promotions.

4. Ph.D. stands for "Pull Him Down". The more intelligent a person, the more hardworking a person, the more committed a person; the more number of persons are engaged in pulling that person down.

5. If you are good, you will get all the work. If you are really good, you will get out of it.

6. When the Bosses talk about improving productivity, they are never talking about themselves.

7. It doesn't matter what you do, it only matters what you say you've done and what you are going to do.

8. A pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the butt.

9. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

10. The more crap you put up with, the more crap you are going to get.

11. If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.

12. When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.

13. Following the rules will not get the job done.

14. If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.

15. Everything can be filed under "Miscellaneous" .

16. No matter how much you do, you never do enough.

17. You can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work you are supposed to be doing.

18. In order to get a promotion, you need not necessarily know your job.

19. In order to get a promotion, you only need to pretend that you know your job.

20. The last person that quit or was fired will be held responsible for everything that goes wrong.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Wha-can this be. Actual thread activity. Shit what have I missed. D:


:wtf
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top