Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

how high of a gorge is it? i imagine it to be pretty scary *chills*
It's not the height, or the fall that scares most people. It's what happens when you hit the bottom of the cliff that scares them. :amuse
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

shang? that's way over at mactan, right? malapit ba sa bahay nyo? that's tough of a travel everyday :$
yeah malayo sya. That's the reason why I turned it down the first time they wanted to hire me. HA! How arrogant I was! Beggars don't have the right to choose, do they? I was interviewed, I passed the exam, and they wanted to interview me again but I said- um, no.

They were a 5-star hotel and they didn't even have a shuttle for employees living in the mainland. While in Mandarin in Makati (Makati na yan ha) they had a shuttle for employees to the bus station. For executives only daw ang shuttle ng shang. BULLSHANG.

But now that I actually thought about it, tangna naman o. Shang is still shang. even if it's just a 5-month contract with no assurance of getting regularized, I really had no other option then. >.> So I'm waiting out on another hiring month and hope connections matter.



IN THE MEANTIME!~ QUEENIE. I've decided to meet you in Boracay. How long were you going to stay there again? Coz, if I go next week the tickets' too expensive. So I'll get the latest date I can go?
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

IN THE MEANTIME!~ QUEENIE. I've decided to meet you in Boracay. How long were you going to stay there again? Coz, if I go next week the tickets' too expensive. So I'll get the latest date I can go?
Holy crap! :O

Well, I'm here for awhile... I've just paid for a month's accommodation in Station 3 (7,000 for a month, hellz yeah~), so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. XD

The latest date...? Well, I'll probably finish my dive course around May/June, so I'll probably be leaving around then. :3
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

ah that's a long wayz off. I just emailed a couple of resumes to some places there. My mom tells me I should wait for a call from them before I go there and submit more resumes and stuff.

Well. I'm crossing my fingers.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

you should definitely go, hunt. Cebupac's having a 50% off sale. But travel period starts in june for that, I think.

i have cebupacific as one of my homepages.


Just watched Last of the Mohicans and Dances with Wolves, two movies I remember from my childhood, and I grew more curious about the American Indians... in Last of the Mohicans, there were a lot of scenes where they ran around the mountains, ran up huge rocks and I was like, these people are amazing! :o
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

uh...

do they got mohawks? them american natives?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

it depends on the tribe, hunt. apparently, Mohawk is a tribe. :oh
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Have you watched apocalypto? They are native mexicans though. Like Aztec or maya or something. God awesome film.

Theres this book i like about the aztec, its kinda like james clavells shogun. god awesome as well. :faint
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

What book is that, imp?

I haven't watched Apocalypto yet. And I'm still thinking if I should watch it. I just got curious about these Indians a few days ago... let's not get carried away, hehe.

I was eating, not watching TV because the TV broke, and I got to thinking. It must be really hard to be a scholar in a foreign land, you know? You're always on a wire, not knowing the right things to say that might disrespect them, or offend them, or what might get you killed. :s Imagine the days of Marco Polo.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

ah that's a long wayz off. I just emailed a couple of resumes to some places there. My mom tells me I should wait for a call from them before I go there and submit more resumes and stuff.

Well. I'm crossing my fingers.
Good luck. What job are you looking for? :3

There's lots of jobs advertised everywhere at the moment; but that's for stuff like hotel staff/receptionist/saleslady, not really anything in a specific field. :darn

I'm thinking of coming back in Sept- the landlord of my place just told me one of his previous tenants, a German guy, is coming back and opening a dive shop. Some work would be nice. XD
But hey, I might keep travelling instead. Who knows. :amuse

Edit: Also- I would not reccomend Cebupacific. I flew them last year to do Bora - manila, they shipped me off to kalibo to wait 8 hours for my flight. :/

They did promise us lunch and a free flight to make up for it, but for some reason they didn't give it to the foreigners, just the filo passengers. It sucked. ;A;
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

well, cebu pacific has got to have the worst customer feedback in the history of philippine aviation. i'm not kidding, even my mom's boss and most of my classmates say this.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

well that's the risk you gotta take for taking cheap-ass flights. I'm a frequent flier myself, and of course if it weren't for the poor punctuality of Philippine Airlines, I really like them. Hassle free.

But Cebu pacific ain't too bad- they just sell the food, and wake you up in the middle of your flight to play stupid games and it's stressful to get yourself checked in and all, but in the end, every "juan" flies, it's amazing what they've done to travel in this country.

Queenie, I'm looking for any kitchen job (except pastry and stewarding jobs :p).
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Hey, Imp your favourite Royal Wedding's getting on the news again :D.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yihee. I just talked to the head of the culinary arts department in a local university here, and he said he was interested in making me assistant instructor.

I know it's not glorious but I'm so excited. whatever works. :occa
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Ooh, interested.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yeah malayo sya. That's the reason why I turned it down the first time they wanted to hire me. HA! How arrogant I was! Beggars don't have the right to choose, do they? I was interviewed, I passed the exam, and they wanted to interview me again but I said- um, no.

They were a 5-star hotel and they didn't even have a shuttle for employees living in the mainland. While in Mandarin in Makati (Makati na yan ha) they had a shuttle for employees to the bus station. For executives only daw ang shuttle ng shang. BULLSHANG.

But now that I actually thought about it, tangna naman o. Shang is still shang. even if it's just a 5-month contract with no assurance of getting regularized, I really had no other option then. >.> So I'm waiting out on another hiring month and hope connections matter.



IN THE MEANTIME!~ QUEENIE. I've decided to meet you in Boracay. How long were you going to stay there again? Coz, if I go next week the tickets' too expensive. So I'll get the latest date I can go?
yeah, true. that's shang. kinda sucks tho when they blacklisted the call center i worked for a month before i got hired there. from what i heard, the idiots got way drunk and decided to upgrade their respective house fixtures, courtesy of shang. haha

ah that's a long wayz off. I just emailed a couple of resumes to some places there. My mom tells me I should wait for a call from them before I go there and submit more resumes and stuff.

Well. I'm crossing my fingers.
goodluck on that bb. :)

What book is that, imp?

I haven't watched Apocalypto yet. And I'm still thinking if I should watch it. I just got curious about these Indians a few days ago... let's not get carried away, hehe.

I was eating, not watching TV because the TV broke, and I got to thinking. It must be really hard to be a scholar in a foreign land, you know? You're always on a wire, not knowing the right things to say that might disrespect them, or offend them, or what might get you killed. :s Imagine the days of Marco Polo.
im not sure if you've heard this. there was this video that went viral on youtube, a spoof of the movie apocalypto, titled "irong buang". :)


as for bora, for the past 3 years, i noticed that off peak starts on july. but its still sunny much like the peak season. so i suggest that's the most cost-saving month to go :)
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yeah when I went there (I got piso fare, 200 PHP round trip, imagine that!) it was july, I stayed in station 3, 800 per night in a room where 3 people could stay comfortably.

MD, I did hear about that apocalypto spoof, but I didn't watch it because, well, I didn't watch the original.

kuro-tan, there hasn't been any real deals yet. I tried to ask him when he needed me specifically, and he just said "basta june, if you're still here in Cebu". He mentioned about the units required for me to work, mentioned that I would be compensated, but nothing specific. He just said he'd reserve a slot for me.

Well, whatever. College girls, yo. :plot
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

The book bb, is Aztec by Gary Jennings. Highly advised.

Re - The wedding - I've tuned myself out. It helps that i rarely watch news on tv or read newspapers. It means i can just sift through the news online skipping the headlines as i please. :smile-big In any case, did something happen?

BB - Your going to teach cooking now? How much experience have you had? Will that affect the outcome?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top