Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i'm not really going to teach off the bat. Even I'm not that arrogant. I'm not a hack or anything. :-_-

i'm starting out as an assistant. Meaning, the guy who stands in the corner and wait until the prof calls me to beat the eggs or turn the gas on or something. maybe. lol. In the meantime, I actually like the academic environment- free lectures \o/ and on my free time I can continue learning.

It's nothing real, but it's a step.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

You want to eventually work in a big kitchen right? Since its a non-pressure environment will it help you achieve that or impact negatively? I dunno much about it, but dont like the big jobs want to know that the new recruit wont break down in the middle of the job instead of how well they can cut the lettuce in the beginning?

But its hard finding anything now isnt it though? I say take it. =/
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i'm not really going to teach off the bat. Even I'm not that arrogant. I'm not a hack or anything. :-_-

i'm starting out as an assistant. Meaning, the guy who stands in the corner and wait until the prof calls me to beat the eggs or turn the gas on or something. maybe. lol. In the meantime, I actually like the academic environment- free lectures \o/ and on my free time I can continue learning.

It's nothing real, but it's a step.
Are you sure? Because assistant instructors in UP do teach.

Unless, of course, it's different for cooking class.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

You want to eventually work in a big kitchen right? Since its a non-pressure environment will it help you achieve that or impact negatively? I dunno much about it, but dont like the big jobs want to know that the new recruit wont break down in the middle of the job instead of how well they can cut the lettuce in the beginning?

But its hard finding anything now isnt it though? I say take it. =/
the big jobs will come eventually. This new environment is a way to meet new people, get connections as well, and see the industry from another perspective.

and yeah, ANYTHING is okay at this point.

Are you sure? Because assistant instructors in UP do teach.

Unless, of course, it's different for cooking class.
di naman to UP, kuro. And it's mostly practical. And basic. And I told him I'm still studying on my own with mere books. And he said he wouldn't shock me into the whole thing.

or that's what I'm hoping. >.>

And I know the chef who talked to me, in fact, he knows me, him being my teacher for a year. I'm sure he knows what I'm capable of.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I didn't mean it as "everything works like in UP". More of, "IIRC Assistant instructor is the first teaching rank at colleges."

But yeah, you got the point across anyways :).
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

gising ka pa... -_-


 
Last edited:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yeah when I went there (I got piso fare, 200 PHP round trip, imagine that!) it was july, I stayed in station 3, 800 per night in a room where 3 people could stay comfortably.
that's really cheap. i love piso fares :D

i'm not really going to teach off the bat. Even I'm not that arrogant. I'm not a hack or anything. :-_-

i'm starting out as an assistant. Meaning, the guy who stands in the corner and wait until the prof calls me to beat the eggs or turn the gas on or something. maybe. lol. In the meantime, I actually like the academic environment- free lectures \o/ and on my free time I can continue learning.

It's nothing real, but it's a step.
nice.. baby steps. very mature of you.

man, i miss forest camp in duma. *day dreaming*
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

how high of a gorge is it? i imagine it to be pretty scary *chills*
Can't remember, it was pretty high though. The only reason why I made reference to Wales was because I went as part of a geography/recreation trip when I was still in secondary school. It was actually awesome. I went rock climbing, gorging, builing our own rafts and sailing~

At the end of the day it was still in Wales. Nothing spectacular about that xD. For me the height wasn't the problem...it's sooo easy to slip/trip and fall though...

We all had to wear these special kind of life jacket thingies though, so if we did fall into the "deep end" (which everyone did) we would float back up~ :cookiehand

It's not the height, or the fall that scares most people. It's what happens when you hit the bottom of the cliff that scares them. :amuse
Talking from experience I see! :cookiehand

[sizept=1]Just kiddin' but hunter does have a point lol.[/sizept]

Have you watched apocalypto? They are native mexicans though. Like Aztec or maya or something. God awesome film.

Theres this book i like about the aztec, its kinda like james clavells shogun. god awesome as well. :faint
Apocalypto was a fricking awesome movie. Carving their hearts out live and raw was a bit too much for me at first when I watched it in the cinema... O.O..<_<.... ._. ... ><

*.*

Haven't read that book yet. I'll definitely check it out~

Queenie, I'm looking for any kitchen job (except pastry and stewarding jobs :p).
Random question here: have you ever considered going on Hell's Kitchen? Ever thought what it would be like? :neutral


*Wishing I could freely travel around the globe like Queenofthemuffins* *T^T*
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i hate it when something wakes me up in the middle of an exciting dream. x.x
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Good luck, bb! Are you still thinking of coming to Bora, or just gonna stay there and work? :3
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Random question here: have you ever considered going on Hell's Kitchen? Ever thought what it would be like? :neutral
um... no. >.> I love Gordon Ramsay and would like to eat in his restaurant someday (booked for two years, wtf is that?) but I've never considered HK.

And recently I fell out of love for the show because of an obvious planted contestant. :s


Good luck, bb! Are you still thinking of coming to Bora, or just gonna stay there and work? :3
Well I'm actually free to travel, but I'm going back home for my brother's graduation end of march. I'm saving up for another travel time, but maybe not boracay because my boyfriend and I have been there. except of course, if I get calls for an interview there I would really go.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I noticed something baby (:cheez)

hahaha okay that made me laugh.

Anyway, i noticed something bb, you must have posted the most ignored rule in the history of FF games threads.

Famous people game:
[bb]Hi-jack: to make the game more interesting and educational, we decided to include what the person is famous for. ^^[/bb]
Needless to say, that did not last long. xD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

oh it didn't? heh, I dunno, I didn't last long in that thread either. I mean, is that thread still alive?

and yes, that corny line also made me laugh, imp. you're seriously funny :oh
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Since I haven't ventured out of this thread (apart from the top 3 spoiler threads) for over a year, I do not know what you people are talking about. Or has no interest to know such, as opposed to my usual behavior. :amuse

Anyway the weekend is near and I must once again unlearn what I have learned in order to accumulate more cisco/juniper knowledge.

Now I know why my classmates took that 4 month course.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

how long is your course?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

5 Sundays.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I'm sad that you're not coming Bb, but happy you got a job. ^^
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

katatapos lang ng wireless network configuration, then subnetting, then ipv4 and ipv6.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

5 Sundays.
whaaaat? wow, and then compared to others... you have to light a fire up your ass to study it in time then...

I'm sad that you're not coming Bb, but happy you got a job. ^^
I really wanted to go, since I did tell myself last year when I went there that I'd want to visit it every year- I just fell in love with the place. I even imagined that if I get enough money I wanted to buy a lot there and make a house :sweatdrop

Before that I'd have to buy a condo unit in the middle of the city, have a house in the suburbs, and then that summer house in Bora :fan


anyway, queen, I need to visit other places too, of course. So Bora, if I don't get an interview, is only second priority.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top