Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

im not sure about that. ill get back with you on that, if you havent found the answer yet. ill asked around :)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

The best acting in Ip Man are not from the leads, that's for sure :). Donnie Yen has that same face in every movie I've seen him in. To be fair, the really emotional moments don't come until the second half of the film, and that's where Donnie Yen's grim face works well.

The fights in the second half more than make up for it, though.

Not really a fan of gangster flicks, so I can't help you on that. Last year had Triple Tap (a sniper film), and Shinjuku incident (dark Jackie Chan plus yakuza). Shinjuku I heard is really good.
speaking of Ip Man, me and my family (cousins from around the world, etc) were on a barge to Camiguin. And then this movie was shown. We never knew what it was. Thought it was just some typical Chinese movie, until eventually we were all engrossed in it LOL, then when the final scene came up the barge stopped and we had to get down coz we already arrived! :vin

We were all asking each other what movie it was because we all became so interested, and the youngest of the cousins chirped with her small voice

"you seriously don't know Ip Man?"

and we were all... "ooooooh..." :XD It was a really funny scene like in some movie or something.

Me: I first stumbled here while looking Gantz manga to read. Then i was able to fin Claymore here... At first i was just lurking around the Gantz but the casuals disappear thru time.. :( Then i lurked around elsewhere... The rest was history. XD

I am strict in my top list. XD That's why i'm still examining the manga that i read...
well you seem to be have read a lot. And you read some seinen titles... so... can I ask how old you are? :fan


SUre!! It's easier to pronounce.. XD
Why, how are you supposed to pronounce your username? "click"?
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

kuro you wont believe this. The ipman with the mediocre acting that i was dissing ended up being the wrong one. Ipman the legend is born or something was the one i ended up watching. :fail I am d/l the proper one now. Thanks for the recs btw.

@Hunt - Havent finished the first one either. Where are you in the game?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

baboysai said:
Why, how are you supposed to pronounce your username? "click"?
I'm guessing kla-eegh.

@Imp
I'm only up to (as the game says) 36%. Done the Circle Tower, the Arl of Redcliffe, the Urn of Sacred Ashes and now halfway through the Deep Roads.

And I see you've gone back to the dark side of the fence.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i thought her name might have had a nasal ring to it. :sweatdrop
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

kuro you wont believe this. The ipman with the mediocre acting that i was dissing ended up being the wrong one. Ipman the legend is born or something was the one i ended up watching. :fail I am d/l the proper one now. Thanks for the recs btw.

@Hunt - Havent finished the first one either. Where are you in the game?
Lol, the Legend is Born. What'd it take for you to figure out that it wasn't Ip Man?

There's another film during that same craze: Kung Fu Wing Chun, and that one's more comedy.

Re: DA:O, I was at the final battle almost a year ago, and then my HD crashed. Now I'm redoing it all over again. It's still easy at heck at Nightmare if your main is a mage. I've got a 2-Hander game that I discountinued because I made dumb choices because I forgot them.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I realised close to the end. I remember watching this awesome fight scene from the proper one on youtube. Where Ipman is taking out like 10 japanese soldiers. I was waiting for that scene...and around 8 minutes left i thought to myself..."wtf is going on, this scene is not going to come". Then i kept searching and realised it was not the same. :fail

@Hunt - I finished the Arl, the dwarves bit, at the tower of those magi. Damn tiring. Stopped a couple of months back.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@kuro
Mage was simply "throw that fireball" for me. I stopped playing mine when I realized I defeated the ogre at the Tower of Ishal without paying attention xD

And right now I'm wading through the game (just finished Ostagar and going to Lothering)with a tankish 2-hander, I made some (okay, NOT investing in constitution) bad choices in my previous sword-and-shield build. Which I mixed with dual longsword skills.

x.x
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@kuro
Mage was simply "throw that fireball" for me. I stopped playing mine when I realized I defeated the ogre at the Tower of Ishal without paying attention xD

And right now I'm wading through the game (just finished Ostagar and going to Lothering)with a tankish 2-hander, I made some (okay, NOT investing in constitution) bad choices in my previous sword-and-shield build. Which I mixed with dual longsword skills.

x.x
In Nightmare your spells and stuns/knockdowns get resisted a lot, so it's slightly different, but yeah Mage is just all around cheap. You'll only have a slight problem against undead at the start (My mage is the only character I had difficulty getting through the siege of Redcliffe without a single militia/knight dying on Nightmare.).

Unless you're not using Alistair, the only stats you should need to worry about for a 2-hander are strength and some willpower (yes, willpower. You'll need the stamina for your skills).
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

My current party, is my main character who is abit like alistair. forget all the details >_> the chick mage (not the healer one...havent got her yet) the sneaky assassin guy and that huge big brute. I decided to drop the dwarf, the dog and alistar. =/
 

cklaighe

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

My name is actually easy to pronounce. XD

Cklaighe read ay Klay or Clay. XD


Cheers! Sry. I'll be lurking for sometime as to i am not really familiar with the topic :>
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

ang arte naman. pwede namng clay lng. hehe
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

hmmm... baka Irish ang real name kaya mahilig sa Irish words? ;)
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Pinoy na Pinoy nga, e. Like Vhong/Jhong. Or in worst cases Jhefhreehe.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

jejemons do not use 'g' to denote 'y'. or has the rules changed when i'm not looking?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Are there even rules on that?

The weird spelling goes way back, even before the jejemons. I've got friends who were born in the early 80s and late 70s with random consonants thrown in their names.

I'd still go with the Welsh and their vowels.


Anyone seen the Mikey Bustos tutorials?

The Filipino accent one was more informative than funny, but the balut one was just gold.
 
Last edited:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yes, it is. im watching it now. gotta get to the balut part pa. brb


really? Canadian Idol? this guy's awesome! hehe


"then there's the white part that tastes like rubber" - hahaha! i eat that 'rubber' part a lot!
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

My favorite part was the "nutritious rainbow" and the lead up to that :) "And blue: the eyes!"

Gotta say, for a Fil-Canadian, he got his Filipino accent down pat (except for mis-mispronouncing a few words, like "chutorial") :D.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Mikey Bustos? is that some stand-up or something?

speaking of names, there's one I'll never forget from grade school.. A guy named Pepito Pumatong! :rofl I always crack up just remembering the name :XD

And our neighbor who named all three daughters with Honey, Love, and Sweet- yez, after the song...
 

steelwingcrash1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
554
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I find the name pretty hard to spell, though.

Cklaighe. Anyway, the name's pretty asteeg, right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top