Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Well, I'm moving on from Boracay on Saturday morning. ^^
Flying out from Kalibo at some god awful time of the morning. -_-

My rents up and I'd like to see some more of the phils before my visa expires on April 9th and I have to pay 8,000 peso to extend it for another month... so I'm off to Manila for a few days then off to... well, not sure yet. Either flying into Puerto Princesa and heading up north to El Nido, ect or going to Cebu, to get to... erm... was it Malescupa Island or something?

Anyway, if anyone has any recommendations of places to go- I'm all ears. :tem
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

One thing's for sure I'm bad at issuing travel advisories.

Try Cebu and get to know bb better. Oh and some other PHT denizens are also found in the Visayas region. Like yoniekai (may the Maker bless his soul), mangadictus and some other people I can't remember.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

hey hey hey Queen! Malapasqua is nice! Try Moal Boal as well. and oh, my personal fave, Sumilon Blue Waters! they're all in Cebu :)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Either flying into Puerto Princesa and heading up north to El Nido, ect or going to Cebu, to get to... erm... was it Malescupa Island or something?

Anyway, if anyone has any recommendations of places to go- I'm all ears. :tem
:o

just when I'm going home to Mindanao (in the mountains :tem) to heal my jobless heart! :bored I'm actually leaving Cebu on March 20 and don't know when I'll be back...

fate, it seems, wants to play with us, queenie. :shakefist you could um... opt to visit me up in the mountains if you wish :fan

well, anyway, Camotes is another nice place in Cebu. you can read more about that (and other suggestions) here: http://zerothreetwo.com/category/travel/

So... that's Camotes, Malapascua, Moal Boal. The pictures you saw that I posted recently were from Moal Boal.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I don't... lurk. that's a field of study I have never ventured in. :oh


woah SHIT SHIT SHIT! I got so drunk last night and i didn't wake up on time and I ended up missing my flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>.< well, I tried to get to the airport but I was 30 minutes late, the plane hadn't left yet but the guys said the captain already said I couldn't get on ayiiiii!

I paid a penalty fee to get to on the next plane, and I'm now in the airport waiting. >.> this is the first time to happen to me, I never drink before travel, and I always always made it in time!!! Ack, there's a first time for everything.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

well, shit.

btw, i blacked out during our ccna review session. i blame my sister for getting home at 3 am from a supposed job fair that's far from what really transpired.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I don't... lurk. that's a field of study I have never ventured in. :oh
<hr noshade size="1">
woah SHIT SHIT SHIT! I got so drunk last night and i didn't wake up on time and I ended up missing my flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>.< well, I tried to get to the airport but I was 30 minutes late, the plane hadn't left yet but the guys said the captain already said I couldn't get on ayiiiii!

I paid a penalty fee to get to on the next plane, and I'm now in the airport waiting. >.> this is the first time to happen to me, I never drink before travel, and I always always made it in time!!! Ack, there's a first time for everything.
Ouch. My dad would've killed me if that happened.

well, shit.

btw, i blacked out during our ccna review session. i blame my sister for getting home at 3 am from a supposed job fair that's far from what really transpired.
Younger sister?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

older sister
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@Hunt- 'Beat DA2 already... I felt a bit ripped off with the ending...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i beat it last thursday. with a rogue. freakin imba decoy skill that stuns bosses and gives free flanking backstabs all around.

lol if you visit the bioware forums you'd see the most eloquent diehard fanboys share the same feeling.

i believe it's a setup for an mmo o~o

btw i bought the da: origins ultimate edition. i need to get that out before the emptiness of my wallet sinks in.

btw the devs must really like zevran much...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I finished it on my mage... Hard mode, even in normal mode...:Scry Mages are severely gimped now. I had to swallow my pride and turn the difficulty to casual for the Arishok duel since he kept on resisting my spells in Hard (and I did nothing but tickle him in normal). Their CC abilities are good, but it's close to useless because everything is a zerg-fest now. I feel like I'm playing WoW during the LK expansion (with the rate of AoE needed).

I'd be very confused if they ever decide to make a DA MMO... I don't think it'll really take, just because there are so many well established MMOGs out there already.

DA:U is a bit of a ripoff for me. The only DLCs that I didn't buy are Darkspawn Chronicles and Witch Hunt. Mainly because the fanboys already spoiled it for me in the forums, and because I hear that they don't really contribute anything to the story.

Zevran and Leliana. It would have been awesome to get Sten in the mix though. xpac maybe?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

hunt, a review session is just a review. just hope that doesn't happen when you take the exam (tabi po...)

kuro, well, I had spare money (very little savings >.<) and that's what I used. Instead of asking for my dad to pay for it... Because it was very stupid of me. :-_- Sayang ang 2k, man. I'll have to save it back...

Also, in an imaginary world, i thought maybe I shouldn't buy a PC anymore, and just buy a nice notebook and a projector. Though... the latter is infinitely more expensive than a PC+ginormous TV, I'm thinking...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yeah i hope so.

and my mom and dad just ranted off on me and my sister's current predicament. (she's a total slack with all the credentials, while i'm a partial slack with no credentials). they had me put my laptop (was currently in use by my sister) on sale; then took back their word and made it enter storage mode.

i swear my life flashed before my eyes while they're both mouthing off in unison. which probably did because it's my life they're talking about. O~O

and yeah, pc+ginormous tv is getting cheaper by the year.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

my parents reacted the usual way when i called them about my missed flight. But they're at the age where they turn mellow, you know?

Before they maybe flared up a lot. But now they just say "what? how irresponsible!" then stop for a while and say "are you okay?" which is cute in a way.

Then I told my mom about Cebu pacific and why my plane got delayed (the rescheduled flight), and my mom goes "just blog about it, that's all you can do." So interesting to hear it from someone almost 60.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i was supposed to answer right away but then a school friend of mine told me k-on released an episode numbered 27 last week. the subbed torrents have just been released D:


I finished it on my mage... Hard mode, even in normal mode...:Scry Mages are severely gimped now. I had to swallow my pride and turn the difficulty to casual for the Arishok duel since he kept on resisting my spells in Hard (and I did nothing but tickle him in normal). Their CC abilities are good, but it's close to useless because everything is a zerg-fest now. I feel like I'm playing WoW during the LK expansion (with the rate of AoE needed).
btw did you take the entropy skills? just found out that they work best with spirit spells, and are a real life saver. and then there's the hax staff being sold in black market emporium that utterly defies gaming convention (by ignoring the enemy defenses)

man i hate how my bioware profile won't update if any character i played made progress while i am offline. bragging rights fail then and there.
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

My parents wouldn't really worry about the wasted money, their rant would probably be more, "Magising na nga lang sa oras, di mo pa magawa." My dad complains about people missing little stuff all the time, as if no extenuating circumstances can ever exist.

@hunt, so that explains the 3AM bit :). I was wondering why anyone would stay up late for their big sister screwing up. If I were you I'd let her face the ire herself, heh.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@Hunt-I only got the first two skills for Entropy; for CC and for a DPS cooldown. I decided to keep (my) Hawke as a CC-AoE mage, intended for team play (since I only solo as a Warrior). 'Maxed out Elemental (bar two upgrades), Got up to the upgraded Crushing Pruison, maxed Force Mage, Hex of Torment and Horror, and got the improved Spirit Bolt (for use with HoT) and Death Siphon. I ran with Hawke (Mage), Varric, Fenris, and Anders (DPS/Support). I had a total of two Crushing Prisons, two Horrors, and one Petrify.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

lol boss fights are why I keep 5 maker's sigh on my inventory :D
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I was saving up money for the OP staff... But I just spent it on pots, runes, and a few minor upgrades. I used Orsino's staff since it looked badass... plus the "free" walking bomb is nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top