Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

nba series playoffs tied at 1 apiece. damn you bb for giving the mavs a goddess' support.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Wow so much discussion...and here I was thinking this wouldnt last. D:

You know all those restaurant from hell shows kinda put me off the restaurant idea. Seems like a hell of a lot of trouble with very little return. Although I have a bangladeshi friend of mine, who's dad is a millionaire now after building a couple of very well run curry houses. He rode the curry boom and now is just living the life (its actually a nice story, he had not much capital when he came and just built his way up with hard work).
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

dude curry possibly CAN'T make that much money in this country.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

That shit only works here and in the indian subcontinent i suppose. :lmao

His strategy was smart though. He first built the restaurant to cater for immigrants. The prices were cheap but he got a lot of business. Then began building more in the upmarket areas and raised the prices. Money started rolling in. In his words, " a white guy will pay a lot for a curry and not complain, while an indian will want it for the cheapest price possible and still complain its too expensive". xD
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

nba series playoffs tied at 1 apiece. damn you bb for giving the mavs a goddess' support.
It went to the rocks when Wade hit that corner 3 and Lebron did the alpha-male boxing thing. Chest-thumping bastards got what they deserved.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

it's too early to decide. a 2-1 is easy to win over. :p Go dirk.

In other news, I can drive in the city now! \o/ Gee, how I love automatics. :D
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

ah, good to be back seeing more to read that ending up with the same page. anyhu, im like so "rested" after having a long break. and i just got an iphone 3gs, having fun bricking and breaking it :P
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

it's too early to decide. a 2-1 is easy to win over. :p Go dirk.
The strategy of "Let's play catch up at the last minute" has its flaws. Namely, the idea itself.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

ah, good to be back seeing more to read that ending up with the same page. anyhu, im like so "rested" after having a long break. and i just got an iphone 3gs, having fun bricking and breaking it :P
Heh, I got a MUCH cheaper android and I'm thinking the same thing last night since I learned that you can install Debian on it. I desperately want to program C/C++ on my phone but I don't want to root it because of the fear of bricking :(.

Maybe when I get the money I'm owed for 5 months now.

The strategy of "Let's play catch up at the last minute" has its flaws. Namely, the idea itself.
I missed the game, heh. But yeah they've been doing that since Game 1. I was hoping Dirk would've learned from their Game 2 win but no :D.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

lol i[gadget]. gets outdated every year.

@nba
well it's no longer a stretch, it may have to reach game 5 (or 7, if hey keep it up) until the lbj's heat gets the ring.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

My Japanese "cousin"-by-marriage just slept over again while waiting for her flight back to Narita after a spring-long break in our relative's place in Iloilo (She left on the day of the tsunami).

Now, our home's filled with DeOcampo's assorted stuff (Pinasugbo, barquillos, etc. two boxes), Japanese noodles, and Japanese Barley Tea :D.

EDIT: And my mom's happy about how we're so blessed :D. While worrying because she can't figure out how to ingest the Japanese half.
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Cousin by marraige.....She is married to your cousin?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

She's a niece of my dad's uncle's wife. We're technically unrelated :D.

We Filipinos like to do stuff like that. Y'know, to make more people off-limits.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Okay....lemme get this straight.



------Kuro grandad-----Kuro's granduncle....Kuros granduncle's wife----Kuros granduncles wife's sister
----Kuro mom...Kuro dad---------------------------------------------------Kuro's granduncle wife's sisters daughter
-------------------------------------------------------------Kuro-----------------------------

I think its best to just call her cousin and be done with it. Thats what I do...well use to do, before I learnt what once/twice/thrice removed meant. Now I act faux intellectual when people ask me my relations. :3

Cousins are fair game as long as they are far enough from the genepool. :3c
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Gah, my bad. She's the daughter of my dad's brother's wife's sister. And I don't get your chart, but it's probably my browser :D.

It's more (in terms of modified once/twice/thrice-removed type links)

Kuro->Kuro's dad->Kuro's dad's brother->wife->Sister->Daughter (Japanese).

It doesn't go to the grand-level.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

kuro, remember that we asians are far more caring about extended families...

ugh. just had a nightmare. me and a bunch of men got a call to assassinate someone, I was designated the trigger man, it was to assassinate an influential muslim leader visiting the country, we step out the door of the van with a six-minute window, i got close to the target (surrounded by lethally armed guards) and then i find out that the gun i'm supposed to use has been swapped with a nonlethal pellet gun. forced myself awake when they started pointing those long barrels on me.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

kuro, remember that we asians are far more caring about extended families...

ugh. just had a nightmare. me and a bunch of men got a call to assassinate someone, I was designated the trigger man, it was to assassinate an influential muslim leader visiting the country, we step out the door of the van with a six-minute window, i got close to the target (surrounded by lethally armed guards) and then i find out that the gun i'm supposed to use has been swapped with a nonlethal pellet gun. forced myself awake when they started pointing those long barrels on me.
Dude, what have you been playing? :)

Too much soldier-terrorist themed games, no?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Dude, what have you been playing? :)

Too much soldier-terrorist themed games, no?
Crysis 2. None of the riffraff I dreamed of, but I think it means I should go buy the latest Medal of Honor.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Heh, I got a MUCH cheaper android and I'm thinking the same thing last night since I learned that you can install Debian on it. I desperately want to program C/C++ on my phone but I don't want to root it because of the fear of bricking :(
MUCH cheaper? is that a Huawei? gow! install mo na! :D

i realized, getting your device "bricked" is not bad as most people think. hell, i bricked almost all my stuff, PSP/BB/iPhone, and was still able to recover them. patience is the key, especially with iDevices.

Now, our home's filled with DeOcampo's assorted stuff (Pinasugbo, barquillos, etc. two boxes), Japanese noodles, and Japanese Barley Tea :D.
were there by any chance any Angelina biscochos slipped into those boxes? im telling you, those are the best EVER!

Cousins are fair game as long as they are far enough from the genepool. :3c
my ex of 5 years was my 4th cousin, we both didn't find out until a grand clan reunion, 2 years after naging kami.

kuro, remember that we asians are far more caring about extended families...
true. but its rare nowadays to find someone who knows every single one in the family tree as far as the great grand grand grandfather, like my mom. :D
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

MUCH cheaper? is that a Huawei? gow! install mo na! :D

i realized, getting your device "bricked" is not bad as most people think. hell, i bricked almost all my stuff, PSP/BB/iPhone, and was still able to recover them. patience is the key, especially with iDevices.
Nah, it's the next cheapest one with Froyo, the LG Optimus One.

I think I'm gonna go for it na rin. I've been told the risk is zero if you know how to flash.

were there by any chance any Angelina biscochos slipped into those boxes? im telling you, those are the best EVER!
Nah. It's always either been DeOcampo's or Biscocho Haus. I'll look for an Angelina if ever I pass by Jaro again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top