Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@Babs- Yes, he is one of us now...Bwahahahaha!

@Hunt- I told you so... First Flight is WAY better; same goes for Emerald Knights. The only thing they got right was casting Mark Strong as Sinestro.

OOT: My hatred for rap music forces me to skim whatever Bee says...
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@GL

Well it's not the casting problems or the hammy acting, or even the exposition Barbossa narrated at the beginning of the film that we would later watch unfold during the movie, it's the way the entirety unfolded. A disgrace to cinematography. Like watching a Vic Sotto film but with hundreds of millions of dollars of special effects.

@B's rapping
I conditioned my brain to only look at keywords in his dialogue, so I never noticed he's been rapping for quote a few months until you reminded me.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

who is this... B? Blair Waldorf? ohohoho.

Buti nakapanahon ka pa mag sine considering the weather. :/

Weather in Cebu: slightly cloudy. That's the gloomiest it can get in these parts of the country. Oh I love this island. :cookiehand

annnnnnnd. It's a sunday tomorrow. the busiest time at work. Rakenrol. -_-
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

B, the jinchuuriki for the 8-tails. (Raikage is A, that's apparently their codenames convention)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

wow. I never realized how hard it was to motivate someone so... hopeless. The leadership roles I've had in the past didn't have problems like this because I'd had the luck of working with very hungry and passionate and driven people. Now this guy falls into my lap with no ambition whatsoever, all talk and no show, doesn't want to see things in a different light, knows he has a problem but doesn't wanna change... :oh What do you do with a guy like this?

He says he wants to quit and although there's a tiny little devil on my shoulder whispering "then let him!" of course, my job firstly is to encourage him and motivate him and not give up on him right? But gee, i've tried drinking with him, sharing my knowledge, teaching him, and being rough on him I'm losing my patience. And when I start to snap, he gets so dejected that he can't concentrate on work even more! :faint
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

What do you do with a guy like this?
i dunno. he sounds alot like me too. makes me wanna ask the question "what was he even doing there?" but i assume someone just prodded it to him.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Knowing what's wrong with you is quite different from wanting to change. It's not for a lack of passion or drive, but more of a lack of caring. I know that I'm an asshole, do I want to change? No. Do I know that it's preventing me from making friends? Yes. Do I give a fuck? Fuck no!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yeah dude, but it's kinda like, his job to do things, and if his attitude is preventing him from doing things, then maybe we oughta just *not* pay him.

you can be an asshole because nobody else oughta care. It's not like you're paid to be nice anyway. The situation's different. It's his JOB and everybody else getting affected by his goddamn stupidity.

yeah hunt, the question "why am I even here" has come to him before. And that's why he wants to quit, he feels he'll be happier in another kitchen, etc. etc. He also plans to go abroad, etc. I told him "look, if you can't handle the bitches here, how do you expect to handle the pressure in another kitchen, outside the country, full of foreign people with chances of discrimination, no mommy to go home to, away from friends, and the cigarettes are expensive?"

He's just a lost cause. Saying all kinds of excuses "I can't work with (boss) yelling at me" "I get pushed out of my station" "I don't know my role in this kitchen" "I don't get to cook enough" "I'm not learning anything" etc etc what faggotry. What a coward.

/breathe.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

If he can't work under pressure, then he should get the fuck out of the kitchen. There's no place for softies in the kitchen, and if he stays, he'll just make things harder for his crew.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Don't you have some sort of disciplinary action form where it says something like punishment can go "up to termination"? Issue him one after a screw-up and talking one-on-one about what action plans he can implement to avoid the same mistake. Choose the screw-up so that it's easily twisted to mean practically anything.

tl;dr: Try to get him fired in a way where there's a chance to save him.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

uh, I was fired and he was kept. For the reason that the executive chef told me he simply accepted that the guy was a dumbfuck and let him be. Like, whatever. He's a floating bee or insect or whatever in the kitchen. There's no disciplinary action the exec gives him because, as he says, he's stupid. What's more to expect?

So I've been given the responsibility over him. He's my partner and shit. I have to do things double, think double, watch what he does, say things twice or thrice.

I'm ranting. There's no way out of this. -_- I'd been giving him so many chances, I'd been patient for three months (he's been there longer than I have). I'd tried the kind approach (since the sous and the exec yell at him) but it doesn't seem to be working. Now the exec has stopped yelling at him because he's stopped caring. He puts the problem in my hands to fix. :/
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

uh, I was fired and he was kept. For the reason that the executive chef told me he simply accepted that the guy was a dumbfuck and let him be. Like, whatever. He's a floating bee or insect or whatever in the kitchen. There's no disciplinary action the exec gives him because, as he says, he's stupid. What's more to expect?

So I've been given the responsibility over him. He's my partner and shit. I have to do things double, think double, watch what he does, say things twice or thrice.

I'm ranting. There's no way out of this. -_- I'd been giving him so many chances, I'd been patient for three months (he's been there longer than I have). I'd tried the kind approach (since the sous and the exec yell at him) but it doesn't seem to be working. Now the exec has stopped yelling at him because he's stopped caring. He puts the problem in my hands to fix. :/
No choice but to rise up to the challenge, then :). Can you not at least make him handle the robotic tasks.


On another note: I love FF5's Tab groups. Plain awesome.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@kuro
ff5 makes me think of a square-enix title

@bb
what if he's there as a gauge to test the limits of your patience? :D
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

D:

B-B-B-But hiphop is like teh awesome.
I'm a bassist, you know, a real musician. Someone that trained himself to play an instrument and sing, just to be able to perform properly. These "artists" do nothing but talk fast to computer generated beats... Don't even get me started on techno/trance or whatever those so called "musicians" make on their computers. These people have made a mockery of music, and I believe that they should all be taken out back and shot.

Shit, if they insist on talking fast, they could at least use proper grammar and enunciate properly.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

be like him? i dunno. he knows what he is. maybe its more effective if he thinks you're one of his kind. that sounds fun :) its like being a grifter. damn, i suddenly miss watching Leverage!
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I'm a bassist, you know, a real musician. Someone that trained himself to play an instrument and sing, just to be able to perform properly. These "artists" do nothing but talk fast to computer generated beats... Don't even get me started on techno/trance or whatever those so called "musicians" make on their computers. These people have made a mockery of music, and I believe that they should all be taken out back and shot.
This:
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I'm a bassist, you know, a real musician. Someone that trained himself to play an instrument and sing, just to be able to perform properly. These "artists" do nothing but talk fast to computer generated beats... Don't even get me started on techno/trance or whatever those so called "musicians" make on their computers. These people have made a mockery of music, and I believe that they should all be taken out back and shot.

Shit, if they insist on talking fast, they could at least use proper grammar and enunciate properly.
Point one: Real musician? You're coming off as a a real musical snob paper. Exactly like those people who would 50 years ago decry rock and roll as droll rubbish that wasnt proper music compared to their eloquent classical tastes. There are other ways to make music then with an instrument. Oh and they dont talk fast over computer generated beats, they rhyme fast to a beat. Which is actually much harder then it sounds. It takes a hell of a lot of skill to make a good rap song. The lyrics, the metaphors, the similies, the sheer creativity and word play all done by rhyming it together and then doing it all to a beat. That takes a lot skill.

The problem is like in other popular as heck genres, its become over commercialised as hell so what comes out, is some guy rhyming something as complex as I'm a little teapot to the dunf dunf dunf beat. More bad rap exists than good, maybe you are just listening to all the bad stuff. Or it can just be its not your thing, it happens, that's life, but it doesnt mean something is not real music or its crap because something doesn't conform to ones taste. Another problem I think is the cultural gulf, I have friends who dont get half the stuff being said and because they dont get it they dismiss it as rubbish. But anyway dude give stuff more of a chance, it may surprise you.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

a man's musical tastes cannot be persuaded by history imp.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

The problem is like in other popular as heck genres, its become over commercialised as hell so what comes out, is some guy rhyming something as complex as I'm a little teapot to the dunf dunf dunf beat. More bad rap exists than good, maybe you are just listening to all the bad stuff. Or it can just be its not your thing, it happens, that's life, but it doesnt mean something is not real music or its crap because something doesn't conform to ones taste. Another problem I think is the cultural gulf, I have friends who dont get half the stuff being said and because they dont get it they dismiss it as rubbish. But anyway dude give stuff more of a chance, it may surprise you.
That's true. As with probabilities, though, if you listen to a predominantly rap background music, you'll hear so much more of the trash than the rare work of art.

And on not understanding what's being said, doesn't that defeat the purpose of art? You perform in order to convey a message about yourself or about whatever it is your singing. In the case of too-fast-to-understand rap or even scream metal, the most of a message you can get is that either the performer is too emo (in the case of scream metal) or that you're running away from something (in the case of quick rap). Most of the time that isn't the message, so in that sense the performer failed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top