Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I don't even wanna dig deeper into that. >.> I've totally forgotten. to think I used to be a copyreader and shit. Some skills you really do unlearn, huh. Like biking?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

you CANNOT unlearn motor skills. ever. even if you manage to get alzheimer's and forgot everything, once you're on a bike (for example), your instincts take over.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

oh yeah, the association's (literally once in a lifetime) presidential elections are up! gotta get myself to HQ and register...
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

what is that, MD? seinen? shounen?
it's a bloody shounen. and i just finished chap 25. what the fuck was i thinking?

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

you CANNOT unlearn motor skills. ever. even if you manage to get alzheimer's and forgot everything, once you're on a bike (for example), your instincts take over.
makes sense, like when someone gets a hold of their bird down there, instincts take over.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

makes sense, like when someone gets a hold of their bird down there, instincts take over.
or why you don't really need to teach sex education in schools, or even become exposed to the act. it's hard-coded in (y)our dna to do it when maturity sets in. that's why people go 'in heat'.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

or why you don't really need to teach sex education in schools, or even become exposed to the act. it's hard-coded in (y)our dna to do it when maturity sets in. that's why people go 'in heat'.
I don't know how it is where you studied, but in our case, sex education wasn't a tutorial on how to have sex.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

or why you don't really need to teach sex education in schools, or even become exposed to the act. it's hard-coded in (y)our dna to do it when maturity sets in. that's why people go 'in heat'.
very true. and that explains it, why humans hump instinctively.

I don't know how it is where you studied, but in our case, sex education wasn't a tutorial on how to have sex.
of course, it shouldn't be. sex education is just for the purpose of "awareness", pros and cons, that stuff. although, i wish it was. would be uber cool to have tori black as your teacher. ;)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

godarnit. I was in the middle of the 2nd book, Clash of Kings, when I couldn't help but read the spoilers! ALL.OF.IT.

At least I can now sleep at night.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

godarnit. I was in the middle of the 2nd book, Clash of Kings, when I couldn't help but read the spoilers! ALL.OF.IT.

At least I can now sleep at night.
Clash of Kings? That the book where Tyrion receives his manly scars? or Bran gaining Itachi's crow with Amatsukami in its forehead? Or Jon Snow shagging a wildling?
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

The only thing I know about the Philippines is Weng Weng.
Oh wait, and Charmane Star.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

why, chance meeting you here, barba. welcome.

I'm not even sure what Weng Weng you mean. I'm wondering if that's the mixed alcoholic drink I don't really like or some kind of typhoon... hmm...

And who is Charmane Star? I know Charice. Big fan. :p

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

PS: I'm binging on Pork Liempo tonight and some Hunts' packet beans.

:wtf

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

and PPS: I attended the 2nd Cebu Comic Convention (more like, arrived super late it was close to closing time :/) and here's what I think.

It's pretty small- maybe because it's only the 2nd one, but I'm glad to see there are local artists at all who even managed to print locally. I got to meet a few of them, friends-of-friends kinda thing, and Cebu is such a small city I'm quite surprised I ended up having dinner with them. Though awkwardness ensued, of course.

Still, I'm happy that the geeks are slowly gathering up here as well. I was always looking forward to conventions here in this small city.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1P3fqeWsJI
is Weng Weng.

As for Charmane Star, she is an *ahem* actress.
WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS WENG WENG?! (I'm thinking my parents purposely hid his existence from me) Seriously, what the hell, I'm ashamed. The Weng Weng I thought of was the cocktail mix too... I'm ashamed of barbapapa. :x

And why do you know that Charmane Star better than Manny Pacquiao??:worrybunny
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@bb
pretty small enough you got to dine with them? what, is it just you, the organizer and 4 of his/her friends?
I didn't get to meet the organizers, though I was very interested.

I'd post some pics but I'm kinda lazy. >.>

I dined with two of the artists. Because one of them was a best friend of a friend of my boyfriend. lol. And apparently a friend of the cousin of the girlfriend of same friend of the boyfriend. -_-;

But they were aquaman dorks or something. hehehe. I didn't mind. It was a long time I'd been in a geek show.

The Weng Weng I thought of was the cocktail mix too... I'm ashamed of barbapapa. :x

And why do you know that Charmane Star better than Manny Pacquiao??:worrybunny
I know right? I think it's a horrible cocktail mix too. Something to the taste of cough syrup...
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I've seen the Weng Weng films on PBO (or was it GBO?) God they were hilarious in a facepalm way :D. I've known Weng Weng as some sort of meme among people of that age, so I was curious.

Think Agent x44 with less cgi and more martial arts-inclined fight scenes. And a diminutive lead, of course.

And dayum those Filipinas in the late 70s/early 80s.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Oh god wenweng... I'm totally cool with midgets, but ones that suffer from Seckel Syndrome just freak me out. There's just something about those beak like noses and tiny jaws that give me the creeps...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

he's the petite version of that hideous monster alien "KOKEY". Maybe that was him?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

your timeline is flawed...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

your mind makes it real. :noworry

and guess what, I'm reading HxH from the very beginning. And After that I'll read OP from the start too.

yeap. That's how bored I am while I'm waiting for divine intervention about my NBI clearance. :oh
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

meh. just watch the new hxh series. the one showing now.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

a jeebus the spoilers are out. and the narutards rejoiced.

(still can't believe there's actually a thread arguing why sarutobi was the best in his generation, i mean, COME ON -_-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top