ah I do know the feeling.
But not with spiders. With A.N.T.S. Black, red, whatever. I was maybe 4 years old when it happened. Running through the cacao plantation, because my sisters were evil and didn't want me with them so they left me behind and I wanted to catch up to them, I knocked my head on a cacao fruit- apparently it was infested with black ants, and all of them fell on me-
In two seconds my head and face was stinging- I could taste the ants, my eyes could smell(yes, my eyes) the ants fluids or whatever. The yayas had to rub me all over with sugar to soothe the stinging.
Now when I see an ant... I just wage war on the creatures- I always have a Baygon in my room and in the kitchen- and spray every two weeks, on ALL sides of the house and windows and doors.