Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Escaflowne had the first anime song that I memorized and translated (Maaya Sakamoto's Yakusoku wa Iranai). The problem some people had with it was that it was trying its best to be both a romance and a mecha anime, and not really excelling at both.

Rayearth was from the same time and it was much more popular and more memorable. You can easily remember Rayearth, Celes, and Windam and say how they're different from each other, but no one remembers Scheherazade. And the brothers fighting each other with different color angel wings was also done in X.
you have a point. I just think while I'm watching it now I never got the feel of "mecha"...

Also, I would point that it was only right that no one would remember Scheherazade because it didn't stand out even in the anime. What stood out was the character Allen Schezar.

And I'm no Gundam fan so I don't exactly remember what Gundam each of the Meisters from Celestial Being (Gundam 00- the only gundam I ever really watched) had but Escaflowne sure seems... very identifiable. It turns into a dragon, for godssakes.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I see Scheherazade as the secondary Rider of Heisei Kamen Riders. Especially with the fact that the characters of Heisei Secondary Riders are usually more interesting than the primary, but the Rider itself is crap.

The lack of "mecha" feel was really disappointing IMHO. Its like they just inserted Escaflowne to be this Deus Ex Machina OP Mecha, without it actually being flashy at all. It was more a plot point and didn't really have threats to it. All the threats were against Van.

For non movie/OVA Gundam of the late 1990s onwards, here is how I remember them (didn't watch F91, Victory, and G-Saviour so can't comment on that).
1. G-Gundam = Dragonball Gundam
2. Gundam Wing = Gundam with Giant Beam + four other memorable ones.
3. Gundam X = Gundam with Giant Beam, then becomes Gundam with even larger Giant Beam. Then 2 others: A Heavy Arms ripoff and a jet Gundam
4. Turn A = Gundam made so that arguments on the Internet about strongest Gundam have an automatic answer.
5. SEED/SEED Destiny = Mass-targetting Gundam + Walking blade Gundam + Victory ripoff
6. Gundam 00 = LSD Gundam + better mass-targetting gundam + jet gundam + Gundam that spits out another Gundam.
7. AGE - random assortment of stuff from older Gundams.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
FYI, Gundam AGE JUST ended, with Setsuna suddenly appearing out of nowhere and enforces the message of peace by going into Quantum Mode.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Seriously? Lol, that must've pissed off a lot of 00 haters.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
you better watch it to believe it. or read that gundam.wikia.com episode 49 entry.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Wait what? I thought that AGE was set in a different timeline?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
the ending in tl; dr version: SETSUNA DID IT.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Se... Setsuna F. Seiei???????? :arf
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
They're running out of things to write...
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Did you know if the entire population of China walked past you in single file, the line would take close to 100 years to pass you.


...


Not having any gundam knowledge, I was running out of things to write too.

._.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Well Imp, I'd feel better if they made a human ladder to try and reach the moon. Then numerous territorial disputes will be resolved.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Territorial disputes... may pinag huhugutan!

survey: If there was a World War 3, what would you do?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
survey: If there was a World War 3, what would you do?
I'd wait for it...

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

hopefully that was a hint that can be readily understood as "omg! himym is back for the final season!"
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Territorial disputes... may pinag huhugutan!

survey: If there was a World War 3, what would you do?
If I can fight despite not being able to travel (i.e. desk job), I'd do it. Otherwise, flee to the mountains.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I will pick up my gun and fight for FREEDOM! Okay not really....I'll probably swap my passports with a swiss and try to make some money out of the whole shindig. I like to think that I know a good business opportunity when I see one.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
i'd start the war itself, if i can. that way, i can provide job opportunities abroad.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Okay first I'd go to where my parents are. Which... is up in the mountains so...

since I don't have any assets, wait... OMG my books! my manga! how do I save them??? :gwah

tangna, MAY PEACE REIGN FOREVER! :allthe

Anyway, what stuff are you reading now guys?

I'm currently reading Cesare (Fuyumi Souryol) which is about, well, Cesare Borgia and I'm currently interested in the politics of those times- Makes me wanna look for videos on all things world history by Discovery Channel or Nat Geo if I can find them... It just... takes too much time sometimes to look for these gems. >.>

And recently, after watching Sword Art Online, I want to read its Light Novels...

The problem I have with Light Novels (Like Haruhi) is the tone of the narratives. I don't know, maybe its just lost in translation but somehow when I read them they sound too um... what's the word... informal?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Cesare Borgia? Jesus?

Ive been a History channel fan for the longest time. At least before awful series like Ancient Aliens and Swamp People.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I am almost finished the man in the high castle by Philip K Dick. Its setting is an axis victory of ww2. It's very good.

While not exactly what you wanted bb, pbs made an documentary about the house of medici. It was good if i remember correctly.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
how pathetic. im reading ITIL, IBM Tivoli and SharePoint 2010. i am pathetic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top