Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
You miss 100% of all the shots you dont take.

Thats my advice.

Or try and sit down and write the pro's and con's on a piece of paper as dispassionately as you can. Then give that list a look.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
give them the "why do you think i won't care for you or your interests when you're old" line.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hay. I'd raise a cup to that, Imp. It's a shot I'll miss if I don't do anything. And it's such a rare opportunity that our goals would coincide like this that I should really grab it. So... I don't have a problem about that.

Now I'm half-wracking my brains to... find the right words- or how to deliver it (text? email? call? -if I call I'd need to wait on my day off this weekend because erm, I'm only awake in the afternoons where I go straight to work. :facepalm) combination of both? email first and see how it goes... is how i'm feeling, ayiiiiiiiiii :arf
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Tell them how it's gonna benefit them and you, and how much you're willing to go for it all the way. At old age, parents tend to want to leave something behind to their kids, and if you can at least tell them it's important to you, they'll respond.

There's nothing to lose, as long as you accept whatever they decide wholeheartedly. You can still try it later in life without their help if you have to.

====================

Reminds me how families are all different. Everything my parents and I ever talk about are goals (and school life when it applied), so that would be an easy thing for me to introduce. We never talked barkadas, hobbies, or lovelife, though (all three of us kids). Literally never.

Heck us three don't even talk about that to each other :D. I wouldn't recognize my brothers' best friends and GF if they were right in front of me, and they wouldn't recognize mine :D.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yeah, our relationship with my parents are somewhat... detached, maybe. We grew close to them as we kids got older and became more adult and faced a little bit of the fears (lol). But back then we were scared of our parents in a way because, in a perfect description, my mom was a "Tiger Mother"- so talking to her about goals is kind of... awkward... when she set the standards high.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
hi there, new guy!

so, answer this questions or the great baboysai will bite you:

1) favorite anime
2) favorite manga
3) top 5 anime
4) top 5 manga
5) who took the cookie from the cookie jar?
6) where's waldo?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
something vibrated and when I checked it wasn't my phone! :gwah

Welcome Mr. Faust.

Please stay, and don't ever, ever leave. :wooo
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
something vibrated and it wasn't your phone? WHAT ARE YOU WEARING BB?
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
GUYS GUYS I BROUGHT HIM HERE!

yeah, our relationship with my parents are somewhat... detached, maybe. We grew close to them as we kids got older and became more adult and faced a little bit of the fears (lol). But back then we were scared of our parents in a way because, in a perfect description, my mom was a "Tiger Mother"- so talking to her about goals is kind of... awkward... when she set the standards high.
I am similar, its a weird relationship. Close in some situations, distant in others.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
my imagination, probably.. happy halloween :fan

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

GUYS GUYS I BROUGHT HIM HERE!
that's nice. here's your reward:

 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Where is the milk?...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
what, you win a car in the lottery and they buy you the gas too?

anyway, I thought it might be hard to talk to my mom right now because I'm *cough* in an emotional state of the month... lol.

I was talking about it with my boyfriend and I was crying over it and I thought I could definitely not take lightly this conversation about my life and aspirations and shit without being emotional, especially when all my hormones are a-limbo.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
something vibrated and it wasn't your phone? WHAT ARE YOU WEARING BB?
:derp

anyway, I thought it might be hard to talk to my mom right now because I'm *cough* in an emotional state of the month... lol.

I was talking about it with my boyfriend and I was crying over it and I thought I could definitely not take lightly this conversation about my life and aspirations and shit without being emotional, especially when all my hormones are a-limbo.
give it some time. or 3-5 days for that matter.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

i gotta say, the halo 4 webisodes are awesome. wow.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
still can't believe my msi laptop can't handle criterion's most wanted in maximum settings. should have stamped my foot down and insisted on the gtx660m version. :derp

anyway, which one of you guys can give me an overview of joomla's use?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
wtf is joomla? :whynot

and yes I'm giving it time... besides negotiations on the design, and the budget, and the overall construction and finishing up of the place will take about a year or so. So I thought there's no need to panic. I've already made up my mind and all I need is a little stepping up when the right time comes. My father is commissioning me to do another design on another lot to see how far they can stretch the whole shebang before trying to compromise things. The folks are preparing for their retirement incomes... ehehe.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
well good for you! my parent's retirement incomes hinges on.... me D:
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
kubo is really stretching out this series thin. if ichigo is pure quincy, then how the hell did he get shinigami powers? i still smell a michael corvin theory here.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
lol. MD, his mom is a quincy, his dad is a shinigami, and he's got a hollow soul.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top