Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
why hello there!

yep I've reserved seats for Megamall- turns out I'm going alone :oh My sister chose Dec. 5, also alone. :gwah

ANO BA.

And, got my 27th volume of Vagabond today! Reserved Vol. 1 of Berserk... Medyo matagal-tagal buuhin ang Berserk- 37 volumes or something... but I've prepared myself...
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
How much is a volume of manga, bb?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Hajime no Ippo got to #1,000.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yeah 1000 chapters. Now I'll never pick that manga up...


kuro, usually seinen manga are more expensive. Like, Blade of the Immortal per volume reaches 800. There are 2-in-1 oor 3-in-1 books that you can take advantage of though- Those are cheaper. Like you can get 3 Vagabond volumes in one book for 1,100.
I reserved a shoujo manga 4-in-1 for 1k, I think. Naruto and bleach are only about 400-500 per volume.

Then you get a discount card :3c to slash 15% off. It racks up to a big deal.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yeah 1000 chapters. Now I'll never pick that manga up...


kuro, usually seinen manga are more expensive. Like, Blade of the Immortal per volume reaches 800. There are 2-in-1 oor 3-in-1 books that you can take advantage of though- Those are cheaper. Like you can get 3 Vagabond volumes in one book for 1,100.
I reserved a shoujo manga 4-in-1 for 1k, I think. Naruto and bleach are only about 400-500 per volume.

Then you get a discount card :3c to slash 15% off. It racks up to a big deal.
Way cheaper than I thought they would be. Where do you get them? Fully Booked?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yep. The awesome part about fully booked is that you can request or order from them if they don't have it. That's how I got to collect from Vol. 1.

It works for me because I don't want to collect in random sequence...
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
maybe i should start to rack those tanks up. kaso halos wala dito. did DZ mention any sort of manga store when she was in dxb before?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hmm cant recall her mentioning it. and maybe if you can find any how are the chances they're english?
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
no guarantee. but im betting it will be.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
THERE'S A HUNTER X HUNTER SPECIAL OMG squeeee~

seriously.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yeah I saw...

watching the latest HxH ep too...

:nuts
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Speaking of 1000 chapters, I love it when manga reach chapter milestones. You get all these congratulatory drawings from other mangaka. Love Takehiko Inoue's version of Makunouchi.

EDIT: Lol, there's even one from Oguri Shun.
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Speaking of 1000 chapters, I love it when manga reach chapter milestones. You get all these congratulatory drawings from other mangaka. Love Takehiko Inoue's version of Makunouchi.
Link please!
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,131
Reaction score
20,256
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Sa Comic Odyssey meron ding manga. Pero mas maganda nga sa Fully Booked.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
the panels were awesome! i wish they could have tailored the chapter more appropriately to the milestone, as the chapter paled in comparison to the congratulatory panels.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I was wondering if I should welcome Faust-san.

Every time we do our mandatory questions, somehow they always end up not returning...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Faust has already been welcomed before.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
eh????? really??????
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yea. Are you having memory troubles bb? I think stress causes that. Just chill out, crack open a beer, play with yourself or listen to some music but relax.

I've been listening to this introduction to philosophy lecture podcasts, its such a nice way to spend a commute actually. Get's you thinking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top