Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I know! It's like they turned Civilization IV into a hex grid!

Speaking of the previous iteration, since corporations still aren't a part of the gameplay, it would appear there's still another expansion over the horizon.

Anyway, kudos to the development team for integrating XCOM units for modern/future era. Not everything in "futuristic warfare" is about tanks, nukes, bipedal robots and stealth bombers. Though that was my strategy.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,238
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Sa Code Geass Filipino Dubbed sa TV5 medyo ok naman, kaso hindi nga lang consistent yung pronounciation nila sa mga terms at mga pangalan.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Yes I agree, but there are also exceptions depending on the individual I think. For example, if you grew up with something in a dubbed language it will most likely sound better compared to the original. Nostalgia etc...
:verily

The example is Goku's Dragon Ball Z Next Episode Preview here in Filipino!
Goku: "Oh Mga Bata Goku blah blah blah blah blah, Hanggang sa Susunod nating pagkikita, Paalam!"
Goku: "Oh Kids blah blah blah, till next time, Bye!"

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Me and my college friends are having fun imitating Mr. Popo, Master Kami, Mr. Kamogawa, Doraemon and Nobita's Filipino Voice :rofl

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

What's with 20th Century Boy's Chapter 170?????!!!!!!! :o

There's no Chapter 170?! There are two Chapter 169 and has the same Chapter Name: "Over The Rainbow", one is a 16-pages long chapter while the other one has only 3 pages, then the following chapter is Chapter 171 :o
Check it out!
Chapter 169 I
Chapter 169 II/ Chapter 170?
Chapter 171
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Sa Code Geass Filipino Dubbed sa TV5 medyo ok naman
WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN BREATHING THIS IS SO OUTRAGEOUS PUNCTUATIONS ARE NO LONGER NEEDED

Okay, seriously. Tagalog dubs barely evoke the emotions the original actors portray. PROVE ME WRONG
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,238
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN BREATHING THIS IS SO OUTRAGEOUS PUNCTUATIONS ARE NO LONGER NEEDED

Okay, seriously. Tagalog dubs barely evoke the emotions the original actors portray. PROVE ME WRONG
That's true. I cannot prove you wrong.
I didn't like the DUBBING exactly, I was just amazed with their translation. Their tagalog/filipino lines are not that dull compared to the other tagalog/filipino lines from some tagalog/filipino dubbed anime.

Relax! Filipino Manga/Anime Fans are always intense in expressing their own opinion towards manga and anime related stuff :cookiehand
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I really love how the medium of text is a better medium of emotion than the dubs we're talking about.

For instance, THIS IS ME RAGING RAGE RAGE RAGE even though I'm out in the beach, underneath an umbrella and smiling my face off.

Heheh. So yeah, I'm biased to subs.

Anyone think the RK movie would've sold alot more if it was dubbed in Tagalog?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
What's with 20th Century Boy's Chapter 170?????!!!!!!! :o

There's no Chapter 170?! There are two Chapter 169 and has the same Chapter Name: "Over The Rainbow", one is a 16-pages long chapter while the other one has only 3 pages, then the following chapter is Chapter 171 :o
Check it out!
Chapter 169 I
Chapter 169 II/ Chapter 170?
Chapter 171
sorry can't check my own files- I rarely read online... I like to keep copies of the manga I like- anyway, my files are in rar- and I'm too lazy to check where ch170 belongs to... But I didn't feel there was a skip in chapters when I was reading so maybe mine was intact.

Speaking of... maybe I should also start collecting 20cb tanks? hmm...

For instance, THIS IS ME RAGING RAGE RAGE RAGE even though I'm out in the beach, underneath an umbrella and smiling my face off.
saan ka?

HOMAYGOD ang init! I was walking to work and about 5 minutes out in the sun I felt delirious- and wondered why I ever considered walking in the first place. SCORCHING, OFFENSIVE, HOT.

Anyone think the RK movie would've sold alot more if it was dubbed in Tagalog?
I actually didn't even give it time for thought. :| I was very happy that they chose to sub it. If it was dubbed I probably wouldn't pay to watch it in the cinema.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
No one is interested in translating manga into filipino :cookiehand
Ang baduy kasi magbasa ng manga kapag Filipino/Tagalog haha!

That's how we don't like our native language? :XD
Even Filipino-dubbed Animes are a No for us

:rofl
uh-- err..
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hahahahahahaha. beep beep kasi muna.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
The only reason to why it doesn't work for us is because we're used to the subs, which are often times closer to the source material than the dubs (since fansubbers don't bother with the censors that are sanctioned by the FCC or MTRCB). Why get the "diet" version, when you can get something that's closer to the original?
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,238
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
April Fools in MH is awesome :lmao

N-A-R-U-T-O Thread = The Adventures of H-a-s-h-rima's DNA
B-L-E-A-C-H Thread = Whitener
O-N-E P-I-E-C-E = Bikini Bottom
H-S-D-K = Big Boobs Karate

:lmao
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm just surprised that they didn't just call all of them Dragon Ball: 199x/200x.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I liked the HxH forum best: Leorio x Hisoka forum. hahahahaha.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,238
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Badtrip! San kaya ako mag-oOJT?! :crying

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

baboysai, gaano katagal kang naging staff member? at kelan ka naging MH Senpai?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
you know what i hate about kids in the office? them switching the channel to hero.

FUCKING HORRIBLE CODE GEASS DUB
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
course haters gonna hate.

irony cannot affect that.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I think it's because our language sounds weird with exaggerated voices...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Badtrip! San kaya ako mag-oOJT?! :crying

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

baboysai, gaano katagal kang naging staff member? at kelan ka naging MH Senpai?
hmm let's see...

records show:

I was modded green by Dec of 2007, I think that was for the General Hang Out and Fun Forums (wow, I was an FFer then...)

and by October 2008 I was promoted to blue, handling all the GD forums, then eventually shoujo and seinen.

I turned senpai... sometime 2010? cant remember exactly. Turning senpai eventually happens when real life gets in the way, hehe.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Ano nga ba course mo? if you say "saan" you mean like, the place, or the company?
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,238
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Ano nga ba course mo?
Fine Arts major in Advertising

if you say "saan" you mean like, the place, or the company?
:verily

---------- Post added April 04, 2013 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was April 03, 2013 at 11:31 PM ----------

X3D2YFaust po ito nagpapalit ako ng username :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top