Pinoy Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I don't get it... >.> coz like, back in Metro Manila, rent for something like this house could go around 20-25K (without parking, most of the time) Then you compare it with the 12k we got?
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I don't get it... >.> coz like, back in Metro Manila, rent for something like this house could go around 20-25K (without parking, most of the time) Then you compare it with the 12k we got?
Well, Manila IS the capital city OF THE COUNTRY, Cebu is the capital of the SOUTH... You can't find any MRT stations, Makati CBDO, Pasig's Ortigas Center, San Juan's Business Center anywhere near you...

The proximity of a housing unit to a business center, or even a major thoroughfare increases its value. But shouldn't you have studied it in architecture?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I dunno. just so you get an idea, 1 USD is about 45 PHP or something. Levi's jeans cost 1.5k average. So like, 12k is worth 8 of those jeans.

I'm not making sense. My point is, rent in any metro here in the Philippines is high. But we got this cheap. If it has 3 bedrooms, it means we can pack 6 ppl max here to share the rent... >.> Right now there are four of us (although only three are paying... it's complicated) so you can get a pretty good picture of how good this deal is.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
For you it's cheap, but for people like us(not including you)...

Well, suffice to say it's either live at your parent's house or rent a bunk IF (and only if) you don't have the luxury of time (work->eat fastfood->sleep).
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Well, Manila IS the capital city OF THE COUNTRY, Cebu is the capital of the SOUTH... You can't find any MRT stations, Makati CBDO, Pasig's Ortigas Center, San Juan's Business Center anywhere near you...

The proximity of a housing unit to a business center, or even a major thoroughfare increases its value. But shouldn't you have studied it in architecture?
yes. That's why I said the location is in the heart of Metro Cebu. The place is a ride away from the Ayala business center (where practically everything is...) and 10 minutes walk to Osmena circle (which acts like a hub to the entire city, like Cubao or something).

I'm comparing the rent to the ones in Katipunan which has no MRT stop as well, but then it's a prime location as it is in between UP and Ateneo, etc etc.

Let's see... 25k>>>>>>>>>>12k. There we go.

For Cebuanos, 12k is really a usual price for a townhouse or duplex like this. But for me who's used to living in Katipunan, rent like this is super cheap.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Well you know what? at 25k per month I could've ordered things I want online with about 10-15k to spare, factoring in living and transport expenses, electricity, telephone and water bills and mortgage payment. Which means being at the top of the pecking order is the real issue. You've gotten used to spending a lot that it seems a real bargain when you see the REAL (not the inflated) value of a property.

By the way, the former South Korean ambassador-turned-construction investor is renting a 7 bedroom (aside from the baths & kitchen), horribly spacious bungalow somewhere in Pampanga for about 20-25k a month...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
That's pampanga. >.> Even any ambassador who gets to visit our place would probably get a house free for a month. (Bukidnon is the epitome of provincial life :XD) The Japanese ambassador lives in a room in Marriott Cebu (in Ayala) that costs 5 times more than that per night.

Besides, I'd been renting all my college life, been through two dorms (dirt cheap, like, 1k a month with food or something), 2 condo units, and an apartment. (well, my dad pays but he's put 4 daughters through rent for nearly 7 years). And I think that we really got this one in the bag.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
since when have you been in college? remember the price hikes...

oh, and i said FORMER. that means he doesn't get any of those privileges now. and pampanga is a heck lot closer than cebu. >.>
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
12k for a house is cheap i gotta say. we're talking about a 2-story house here not an apartment. but that's only good if you're already working bb, if only three of you will pay that's tight. unless your allowance covers for it (most likely it will huh? you rich girl you :mad)

anyway when i get to cebu, me and friends do have a plan to buy a house like that so we can save on expenses. cebu has quality but living is cheap there. but salary is cheap too :sweat

yo i just saw a (months-old :() billboard earlier on the plaza, a survey from moneysense magazine in April
20. Cebu
19. General Santos
18. Calamba
17. Lipa
16. Baguio
15. Angeles
14. Muntinlupa
13. Cagayan de Oro
12. Batangas
11. Manila
10. Quezon City
9. Mandaluyong
8. San Fernando
7. Pasig
6. Las Piñas
5. Iloilo
4. Marikina
3. Davao
2. Makati
1. Bacolod -> :ossu
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
well it's not cheap for my standards really. It's not that | want to make a point but i really am shocked at the price. I live near the u-belt but our rent is only 7k for a 2 storey house, two bedrooms and a whole street for your parking leisure.
 

TechnoMagus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
27
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
speaking of bb's relationship
need to grab a girl again. my hormones are acting up, its been a long time since the last... u kno
get an inflatable doll or some toys like a fle**light....:rofl

Yonie there is a specific streneous activity people normally do to sleep...hehehe....hehehe....bwahahaha!!!
THAT"S MY LINE!!! :yelling


wow. Come to think of it, if ever like, I become single again... I wouldn't know how to keep to myself. :s when we were apart for 2 months, I realized that I needed to hold hands with somebody, etc. etc. You know, the power of contact. It's really lonely without it. And me and my family aren't touchy so I look for it elsewhere... >.>
kayo pa rin ba? kala ko bibisita na lang cya dyan? alam ko na solusyon dyan...di ba sabi mo...
wait a minute! was it yonie who complained about the excessive fanservice from Geass? :yelling

alright, young man. First, well I do accept the fanservice. But I think the Mecha action has also picked up for some visual treats. It's awesome. I could dream about those mechs all night and wake up to a blissful morning. *cough*

I should STFU now and get back to catching up with my manga. -_-;
maybe you should buy a mecha toy to hold hands with like yonie who gets his doll to...:lmao

re: lodging
eh kumusta naman ang privacy? soundproof ba? :XD
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
well it's not cheap for my standards really. It's not that | want to make a point but i really am shocked at the price. I live near the u-belt but our rent is only 7k for a 2 storey house, two bedrooms and a whole street for your parking leisure.
that's what i'm talking about.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
well it's not cheap for my standards really. It's not that | want to make a point but i really am shocked at the price. I live near the u-belt but our rent is only 7k for a 2 storey house, two bedrooms and a whole street for your parking leisure.
for real?? 7k wow that's so awesome. and that's why you guys have to read my list a post ago and live in the number one city in the country amirite
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yonie said:
for real?? 7k wow that's so awesome. and that's why you guys have to read my list a post ago and live in the number one city in the country amirite
That's standard pricing here in our area. It's not as glamorous as the ones that you can see near Ayala or Ortigas or Mandaluyong but it's habitable and I love the homy atmosphere. Mga tambay sa kanto, karinderya na punong puno ng estudyante, pishbulan, lugawan sa kariton etc. I don't think I can live amongst the elite people in condos or even near the business districts seeing that those aforementioned are most probably absent there.

hunter said:
that's what i'm talking about.
Di ba?! But with all due respect with our resident goddess, I think at 12k, it might really be a very good deal. Who knows, it might even look like a townhouse since they have their own parking space.


TM said:
maybe you should buy a mecha toy to hold hands with like yonie who gets his doll to...
reminded me of Zettai Kareshi.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
you naughty man, i know what you're talking about...

btw we have three seasons here, summer, rainy, and summerish-rainy
I was talking about walking

Seasons: Hot, Hot and Wet, Wet... I miss the uk and it's one season: Wet and Cold.

@Imp- I used to weigh 2-3 stone lighter than I am now... so "out of shape" is a huge understatement..
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
anyway when i get to cebu, me and friends do have a plan to buy a house like that so we can save on expenses. cebu has quality but living is cheap there. but salary is cheap too :sweat
true. :noworry lalo na sa call centers... like look at the salary I've got. -_- 14k. eh sa manila ang starting is... what? I don't really know but I know it's a whole lot bigger.

yo i just saw a (months-old :() billboard earlier on the plaza, a survey from moneysense magazine in April
20. Cebu
19. General Santos
18. Calamba
17. Lipa
16. Baguio
15. Angeles
14. Muntinlupa
13. Cagayan de Oro
12. Batangas
11. Manila
10. Quezon City
9. Mandaluyong
8. San Fernando
7. Pasig
6. Las Piñas
5. Iloilo
4. Marikina
3. Davao
2. Makati
1. Bacolod -> :ossu
That's a lie Yonie! :yelling How could Cagayan de Oro be better than all the places below it? It's a lousy lousy lousy city! It gives my dad a migraine fit every single day. >.>
get an inflatable doll or some toys like a fle**light....:rofl
I think these pillows may be more comfortable.. (and not sticky)



kayo pa rin ba? kala ko bibisita na lang cya dyan? alam ko na solusyon dyan...di ba sabi mo...
Yeah andito na sya ngayon. And he'll be staying for two months, at least.

eh kumusta naman ang privacy? soundproof ba? :XD
Well... I'll be quiet then. :oh I think I'm capable of doing that...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
That's standard pricing here in our area. It's not as glamorous as the ones that you can see near Ayala or Ortigas or Mandaluyong but it's habitable and I love the homy atmosphere. Mga tambay sa kanto, karinderya na punong puno ng estudyante, pishbulan, lugawan sa kariton etc. I don't think I can live amongst the elite people in condos or even near the business districts seeing that those aforementioned are most probably absent there.
Well, I'm not really raised in such an atmosphere, pero yung mga kabarkada ko sa Antipolo e ganun ang alam, kaya for 10 years nasanay na ako. And elite people (like my classmates now) are sometimes too... Insensitive to other people. Iilan nga lang kami dun na alam ang ganyang lifestyle eh, yung iba ang alam lang e yung pakain-kain sa kanto... Duda nga ako na marunong silang maglinis ng bahay eh...

Di ba?! But with all due respect with our resident goddess, I think at 12k, it might really be a very good deal. Who knows, it might even look like a townhouse since they have their own parking space.
Nasa tao naman kasi ang pagpili ng lugar eh. Pero kung 12k monthly, why not lease it? Kung ganun kaganda ang location, why not own it diba?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Nasa tao naman kasi ang pagpili ng lugar eh. Pero kung 12k monthly, why not lease it? Kung ganun kaganda ang location, why not own it diba?
mahirap maghanap ng rent to own. That was one of our options but it was really so hard to find any.

And just so you guys know (I was shocked myself when I learned this), condominiums aren't a usual thing in Cebu. The average prices are 4 M minimum. It's because it's not usual for like say, students, to rent a condo here. >.> When you're staying in a condo means that you're an executive.

my dad was open to the idea of buying a unit as well, but the good one my sister found, we decided not to go for it because it was the same condo where her boss stayed. It just wasn't... right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top