Pinoy Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
so... how's the climate suiting you now, lil? wasn't it weird to be hot in the morning, raining at noon and a breezy afternoon?
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
i'm adjusting. still really humid, not really hot. breezy? naw. humid!!!

i should be losing weight from all this sweating... but i'm not :o
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
humid?

i guess it"s only natural< we"re in a tropical country...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
good lord the heat is killing me man, this is ridiculous, the office is really cold that i close my sweater but outside is just scorching hot. my pale skin is shouting skin cancer
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
re: Heat- The school I'm in now doesn't have a shaded smoking area. So now I have a tan line on my face (where the arms of my glasses hug the sides of my face)... It's sooooooooo weird. And to top it off, I'm required to wear long sleeves, so only My face and hands are tanned, but the rest of my body is still pale...:scry
 
Last edited:

solitary_Cross

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
606
Reaction score
84
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yeah man they call makoto shinkai the new miyazaki, and you gotta admit, his works are pretty damn good, how about his voices of a distant star and the movie beyond the clouds? those are masterpieces as well

btw do you also watch miyazaki? that reminds me his new movie ponyo is out this month
I actually watched those two as well. For Voices of a Distant Star, I was just in awe when I found out only 1 guy did it. I could totally understand why the character designs were so bad but everything else was stunning. And the reason I placed the manga version in my faves is b'coz it gave me a more decent ending. I'm also a fan of the mangaka's art. She's also doing The Place Promised in Our Early Days manga version. I liked that movie as well though it was a little confusing. Just a little of course, I totally understood it when it ended.

As for Miyazaki, I liked Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Tales from Earthsea.


Kyaaaa we have almost the same tastes! Interesting... How sad we never got to meet. tsk tsk.

Were you ever a part of AME? I wasn't. ahaha. Student number? (the first two digits are fine. I don't plan to stalk you. Another one does that here... :oh)

Btw, if you loved 5 centimeters per second for its art and animation, as my sister says, you'd appreciate it more if you'd actually been to those places. Because they are exactly the same! Like, the location of the switches, the graffiti on the walls, the stoplights, etc.
I tried applying when I was still a noob at anime and manga. I quickly learned the harsh reality that I wasn't cut out for them. Some of the heads then were hardline otakus so my ignorance made them unsatisfied.

I'm a 04.

Now, I don't actually need to apply to them anymore since I discovered manga scans. I've read almost everything I wanted to read. I download anime from the net and rarely buy anime dvds from HobbyPoint. I've even branched to comics. I'm into Ultimate Spider-man, The Ultimates and rest of the Ultimate line from Marvel. Y - The Last Man was great from Vertigo.

Woohoo, I'm a junior member now!!!
 
Last edited:

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
humid?

i guess it"s only natural< we"re in a tropical country...
yeah... the sweatiness is driving me crazy though.. :XD bah... i'll get used to it.


oh yeah, i'm going to cebu next week! :confetti and tagaytay this weekend! :XD
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
nice!

btw, did it just rain heavily on your side of manila?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
You guys are insane!!!!! My kind of people ;)
i give up on trying to know what pinoy is... ill just assume is Crazy

Obs: @baboysai u made me LOL so hard i almost fell off my chair!!
Oh I'm not crazy. I think people who fall off their chair while staring at the monitor are. :p

Kidding! But honestly, my definition was the best. Because,

dudes, you're all wrong.

P -physically
IN -insane
O -overpowered
Y -yes men
I'm no Yes man! In fact, I'm not even a man! :yelling

Who was doubting my femininity here? Come out! <-- pun intended.

Anyone here read Aflame inferno?? I want to find new chapters (i can only find up to 13)!!
Nope. Not familiar with that one... but it sounds interesting, and the art looks good too. But it's also up to chapter 13 where I looked.

And to top it off, I'm required to wear long sleeves, so only My face and hands are tanned, but the rest of my body is still pale...:scry
long sleeves??

That's allowed in schools with airconditioning. You have that in your school? Otherwise, it's a SIN!

As for Miyazaki, I liked Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Tales from Earthsea.
Grave of the fireflies! I cried a lot over that one. :scry

Mononoke is my favorite Miyazaki creation evahr. Even the dubbed version was great. It's the only dubbed anime I can ever stomach to watch. I dream about that anime from time to time.

Speaking of dreams, I remembered I dreamed of yonie again! Although I couldn't remember what it was about. It's just that when yonie's face appeared I woke up. That's why I'm up already at 4 am. -_-

This is getting creepy, yonie!

I tried applying when I was still a noob at anime and manga. I quickly learned the harsh reality that I wasn't cut out for them. Some of the heads then were hardline otakus so my ignorance made them unsatisfied.
Really? So they actually screen applicants according to otaku level? Like if you're really interested, but only know like, three anime so far, they don't let you pass? pfft. If that's the case, then I don't want to be in that org either.

I believe that some persons have to be continually be in the presence of anime and manga for them to finally embrace it.

Oh, speaking of that, just a random thing but I hate it when I ask people, "so you like anime" and they say "Yeah but I don't watch all because I only choose those that I like". Um, haller, of course, dumb ass. You have a choice. What do you think of me, I don't choose my anime as well? -_-;

I'm a 04.
Ah this time the maroon doesn't suit my dark theme :darn

But you're a batch younger than me. ehehehe. Nag kalai ka ba?

I've even branched to comics. I'm into Ultimate Spider-man, The Ultimates and rest of the Ultimate line from Marvel. Y - The Last Man was great from Vertigo.


You should read Scott Pilgrim! It's the best!

Woohoo, I'm a junior member now!!!
yippee! congratulations! :confetti You should talk to us more until you're MH addicted :XD

yeah... the sweatiness is driving me crazy though.. :XD bah... i'll get used to it.
No you won't. I haven't. Besides, people shouldn't get used to being sweaty. :darn


oh yeah, i'm going to cebu next week! :confetti and tagaytay this weekend! :XD
Cebu?? Great! you have any pasalubong from the states? you can give them to me personally :kukuku

hey wait! Kelan ka ba papasok?? next sem?
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Speaking of dreams, I remembered I dreamed of yonie again! Although I couldn't remember what it was about. It's just that when yonie's face appeared I woke up. That's why I'm up already at 4 am. -_-

This is getting creepy, yonie!
OI YOU stop it! how do you think this makes me feel?? stop putting me in your mind when you're in your PJs, i cant hit on girls this way if i know somewhere out there someone thinks i'm a creepy guy who appears on dreams...

actually that's pretty cool eh? didn't know i had morpheus blood in me. but seriously bb why am i in your brain in the first place. why not tm... or l4pb... turning into pandas...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
uh... because your remarks made the most impact upon her subconscious mind?
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
No you won't. I haven't. Besides, people shouldn't get used to being sweaty. :darn
haha. tama rin. i couldn't even shampoo my hair yesterday since nag-hot-oil nun day before. nakakainis alansa ng buhok ho by night yesterday. :(

parlors here are D-BEST man!

bb said:
Cebu?? Great! you have any pasalubong from the states? you can give them to me personally :kukuku

hey wait! Kelan ka ba papasok?? next sem?
ayyy!!! you should told me that when i was 'in' the states para nakabili ako dun lol. cebu nalang lol. magbe-beach kami doon hangan sunday! yay!

we are also supposed to stay in our house there that's supposed to have a ghost in it. :XD i'm gonna go ghost hunting and spook my step-cousins or something :kukuku

next sem mga september pa. pero un entrance exam sa august. now naman gusto rin ng dad ko pati ateneo (i doubt i'll get in X()

meron bang entrance exam booklets nabibili dto? i want to study for it :p national bookstore ba?
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
actually that's pretty cool eh? didn't know i had morpheus blood in me. but seriously bb why am i in your brain in the first place. why not tm... or l4pb... turning into pandas...
How should I know?? I'm a goddess, not Freud! :scry

parlors here are D-BEST man!
:yaha quoted for truth!

Haaaa~ I wanna go to a parlor myself! I need someone else to shampoo my hair once in a while! :bored

we are also supposed to stay in our house there that's supposed to have a ghost in it. :XD i'm gonna go ghost hunting and spook my step-cousins or something :kukuku
That's exciting. It's been a while since I was spooked like that. >.> I think I was still in grade school then. :oh

meron bang entrance exam booklets nabibili dto? i want to study for it :p national bookstore ba?
There are a lot of review centers in Katipunan...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@BB- Yes, it's fully a/c'd.

re:dreams- Maybe in you and yonie knew each other when you were very young? :rofl

@Yonie- Panda?... I'd rather turn into that huge cat in Ranma, You know, the one that keeps on looking for girls to marry.
 
Last edited:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
ay bat huli na naman ang MH sa releases. buti pa sa mangashare meron na.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Release? Di ako late sa pag "release" :jk

If any of you guys are interested in checking out my schools sorry ass forum (which I run) here's a link, but be warned that it is uber boring...mainly since I'm the only one in it...
http://enderunstudents.19.forumer.com If you intend on signing up, please sign in using your MH u/n so that I can easily spot you and assign you to a group/rank
 
Last edited:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
ayan ka na naman hehe im talking bout the releases. naruto and bleach already out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top