Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I'm at episode 16, but I honestly don't still get why this series has a bigger fanbase than Gundam 00's, despite 00's lackluster second season. Gundam 00's first season was better than TTGL's IMHO, but I can't really qualify that fully yet until this series ends.

This time skip seems to be a bit forced... But I'm optimistic that it'll wrap up nicely.

===========

Ooh, Nuggets won. Now we've got a series.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@MJ- Yeah, though finishing the series would give closure to some of the holes left in the first season. I just finished ep17, I'm hoping for some epic fights to cover up the awkward feel.

@Hunter- The only TRUE gundam is RX-78, and the only TRUE Gundam pilot is Amuro Ray. That was when the gundam was just another mech, and it's true value would be based on how good the pilot was, not some OP army killing lazer bullshit (i.e. Gundam wing, Gundam X... I could go on and on...). I have to admit that the concept for Wing was good, different gundam specializing in different tasks, but it got too friggin ridiculous when Hiro killed half an army with one blast.
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@MJ: that's cause Gundam 00 is a drama, while TTGL is an epic adventure show. so you'd get different demographics from both, but both are great. if given the chance to pick though, i'd pick TTGL. that series is one of the most awesome series i've watched. finish it!

@paperboy: hm, mature mecha? technically the gundam series are not shounen, so they're considered for mature, but since you don't want to watch Gundam... I've looked up some seinen mecha, I haven't watched these yet but I heard they're pretty good.

Bokura no
Casshern Sins
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Aw lol Casshern! I have the DVD of the live action film... It's nice n' flashy. Like a cross between Guyver, Bubblegum Crisis, and Megaman. Casshern isn't really mecha... I find it hard to consider using exo-suits mecha, it just doesn't feel the same.

I'll keep those in mind for the next time I download... Still not done downloading Fist of the North Star 2...
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@Hunter- The only TRUE gundam is RX-78, and the only TRUE Gundam pilot is Amuro Ray. That was when the gundam was just another mech, and it's true value would be based on how good the pilot was, not some OP army killing lazer bullshit (i.e. Gundam wing, Gundam X... I could go on and on...). I have to admit that the concept for Wing was good, different gundam specializing in different tasks, but it got too friggin ridiculous when Hiro killed half an army with one blast.
I've got to differ on Gundam Wing. Trowa and Hero beat around 50 Tauruses each piloting only Tauruses themselves. They were good, and got even more OP piloting more powerful mechs.

The MS 09th Platoon series (I'm not sure about the title... It's that series where they were like an army unit and couldn't fly) also didn't have OP'd mechs as far as I remember. I watched it when I was in college and that was almost a decade ago.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Anything from MS gundam to V Gundam is epic, I didn't bother to watch some of the other releases though sice it got pretty repetetive...

Their piloting may have been good, but the fact still stand that once they got into their Gundams, it was almost always a win. Amuro Ray had to rely solely on his skill when fighing against Char, a pilot who at first, outgunned him. It was only later on when Amuro Ray became OP when he was able to fully understand his "newtype" capabilities; Trowa and Hiro were OP to begin with. You really can't compare child soldiers to a newtype trying to learn by playing by ear.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Then I assure you, pilot abilities totally come into play in Gundam 00.
 

stelok

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
46
Reaction score
3
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Hello, all. It's my first post in one year and half since I stopped logging in this account.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
But if it really is a QQ drama as you guys have said in the past, then I want nothing of it! They should keep the lovey dovey bullshit to shojo ai and the like.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hey a new member! uh... welcome him or her. get the tribute.

But if it really is a QQ drama as you guys have said in the past, then I want nothing of it! They should keep the lovey dovey bullshit to shojo ai and the like.
sorry man, that's the way it goes, the gundam franchise has touched on all sorts of anime genres over the years. and right now in the internet age sexually ambiguous characters are the fad. but dont worry, all these is just fanservice and has little to do with plot at all :amuse
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
yes, even Setsuna's "what were you two doing next door?" reaction fills us with envy.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Bah, I'm still not buying the image.

Just finished ep22... I'm getting irritated.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Well if you're not into Bandai's target audience (the MS kit fanatic who would greedily buy EVERY version of EVERY suit from the latest series [about 5 each]) then we cannot help you.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I wasn't asking for help with a Gundam (I've seen all the ones I've deemed worth seeing) release, I was asking for help to find mecha (or just plain anime) with enough violence and gore to make Guyver and Berserk look like kiddie shows.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Well if you're not into Bandai's target audience (the MS kit fanatic who would greedily buy EVERY version of EVERY suit from the latest series [about 5 each]) then we cannot help you.
I doubt any one of us is in that group :D.

Those things cost so much that their only worth is to showoff to your otaku friends (of which I have only a few.)

Regardless, I'll always like Gundam for character design. In fact, I'm one of the few who actually liked Seed Destiny. I want to see Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice pwning all, as the kids would like to put it. I don't even care about the drama and all, I just want to see a blue-and-white anthromorphic robot killing everything in sight :D.


Hello, all. It's my first post in one year and half since I stopped logging in this account.
Yo! How're you? Care to introduce yourself a bit? What manga/anime do you read/watch?
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@New guy- Welcome! :confetti I didn't notice a new post... odd...

re:gundam- I love gundam, I'm just not a fan of making things too absurd. I actually watched Seed when an RL friend reccomended it to me, It's basically a ripoff of MS Gundam till V-Gundam, but done with angsty teen-aged prettyboy "newtype ripoffs" and well endowed women.

I've just finished Gurren Laggan. It's pretty good, it had its rough bits, but it managed to pull through in the end. I still think that both continuations were forced though.
 
Last edited:

stelok

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
46
Reaction score
3
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Yo! How're you? Care to introduce yourself a bit? What manga/anime do you read/watch?
I usually read/watch seinen and shoujo manga/anime. I saw lots of anime and manga.

Sense that is the title of the new manga recently uploaded in the Mangahelpers database is very awesome and hot manga. I wish someone would translate this Sense manga.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I feel like breaking this stupid computer....ever get that feeling?
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I feel like breaking this stupid computer....ever get that feeling?
i do. usually after 3 hours lol that's why after 3 hours i rest, read a book or eat. the internet is a stupid place.


but magic win!! lebron is still a beast but i'm glad Orlando got the win, raining threes all night. with the exception of last night's awful laker performance all the games so far has only a one shot differential... these playoffs are gonna give me a stroke.
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I only feel like breaking my PC when it won't work my way... Which hans't been happening for a while since I cleaned it. :rofl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top