Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I like the way you used food to denote sexual orientation. But im never going to see sausages the same way again. :0


And btw, is there a more infuriatingly stupid subject than psychology? I cannot believe i chose this bullshit. If my teachers do not waste whole lessons stating the obvious they enjoy stating the down right stupid and using counterarguments like "why dont you prove im wrong"...the ONUS is on you to prove your fucking right not me to prove you're wrong. ARRRGHHH
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Haha, thanks. I like pie and sausage equally too, when it comes to food that is. Always nice to have a properly cooked kielbasa along with mustard and a mince pie... god I miss mince pies..

I rather liked studying psychology. My teacher was a practicing shrink, so it was pretty interesting. But to answer your question; yes, yes there is a more irritating subjet, it's called HUMANITIES. A complete waste of time and money, why the fuck would you study humanities if you could just study philosophy? Another would be theology... fucking hate bible pumpers...
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Hahaha, humanities when i was at school just involved basically everything. Citzenship etc even geography. It was my school being lazy though. There are certain subjects they HAVE to teach and they had this bright idea that they would put it all in one class and call it humanities >_>;

As for theology...its called religious studies over here. And...oh it was so much fun. We had about 10 separate teachers all in one year i.e. they never lasted long. They either quit or were fired. One threatened us and swore we were all "fucking idiots"...he was fired. Another (a devout christian) had a breakdown. The class refused to believe jesus was an actual person loool. She broke down after someone commented they always thought the bible was a storybook (not original but still funny lmao). Cue tears of despair and anguish for the next generation on their heathen ways.

I cant begin to describe how interesting those lessons were. It also helped that the some of the teachers were hired on the short term, and usually had only a basic knowledge of other religions, which meant they were corrected every few sentences just to take the piss.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Heh, god do I hate religon peddlers...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I hate humanities even more than theology.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Your conversation reminds me of The Man From Earth (not the Bowie movie). I hated the religion courses, hell, I'm at La Salle, you're required to finish religious studies 1-4. Sometimes it goes ridiculous like meditating, holding hands etc... And what I hate is they hire straight up Roman Catholic teachers, so sometimes they insult other sects like Iglesia, Born Again etc., I don't mind that but some of my classmates get offended. There's always this underlying urge for me to just humiliate the teacher but thank god I haven't done that :sweat

my favorite subject is phys-ed and speech :D oh maaaan I love speech classes, i wish all schooling would be as fun as speech
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Why the hell are you guys required to study Theology and Psych?

Oh, and in college our Humanities was nothing but the arts.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm not required to study theology since it's not in my schools curriculum. I had to study psych as a prerequisite to my management subjects, and Humanities for Philosophy.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yonie you held hands for a theology class? La Salle's way more religious than USTe. Or it might depend on the college?

and yeah I hate theology. everything they teach just boils down to one point and that's "be good". Heck Confucius said it all when he made the golden rule.

What's the problem with Humanities by the way? The only Humanities subject that we took was Literature and it was just one semester so I never had any chance to appreciate/hate it like you guys did although I am fascinated by it.

My most hated subject back then was ROTC/Community Service!! It's a waste of time and it sucks cleaning, or standing under the sun DOING NOTHING!

Curriculum in our dear Pearl of the Orient should be reshuffled! Algebra and Trigonometry in Elementary! Calculus in High School! Nuclear Engineering in College! Open up Bataan Nuclear Power Plant!
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Sadly bakashi, Bataan Nuclear plant cannot be opened. It has been stripped (literally) of materials deemed "recyclable".
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I think the education system needs an overhaul.

Especially for Math. If you've seen how Math is taught in other countries you'd be surprised. We should ditch multiple choice Math, and problems that can be solved in one or two equations.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
we need more problem solving don't you think? i believe all math exams should be problem solving.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Exactly. And not just those problems where you can just write one equation and it's solved. Problems like that should be for Grade 4 students. High School students should learn real Math.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yep, math is an integral part of this age, students should get it in their minds that math is vital not just something to pass in school. that's coming from the son of a phd math professor who was tortured in his childhood by forced advanced math home-schooling
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
ROFL tortured :D.

I was weak in Math in elementary up til the start of High School. Then my mom couldn't take it so she had me tutored. After the tutoring I suddenly became a Math contestant good enough to get to the IMO three years after.:)).

I hope I can see my tutor back then again :D.

Just proves to show that it can be done. The "I'm weak at Math" mentality prevalent among people is just an illusion.

Also, our Math teachers ought to get their act together.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
At least it's Vertigo that picked it up, they'll do the LEAST damage to it.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Come to think of it, has there ever been an American adaptation of an Asian product that never screwed up?

Even the live action flicks they remade failed (Ring, Sassy Girl). Hmmm, probably Lakehouse was okay, but I'm not too sure on that, either.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
So...hatton v pacman. Here bskyb are trying to big up the fight as they do everything, one interesting line i heard though is apparently when the pacman fights, crime in the philipines stops. O.o
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
So...hatton v pacman. Here bskyb are trying to big up the fight as they do everything, one interesting line i heard though is apparently when the pacman fights, crime in the Philippines stops. O.o
because everyone goes to watch the match. after that, everything resumes.

heck even our beach party was cancelled because of the fight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top