Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Or your PSU is fucked. Try to get boh your computer and AVR serviced, it shouldn't cost too much.

From personal experience, I'd have to say that AVRs do get worn out. Though they last VERY VERY LONG! I've only had to replace one over the years.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
PSU? And if it's the AVR that's gone bad, I'd prefer to buy a new one for only 350++ pucks, rather than get it serviced and pay wut, 200?

Anyway, I need to have my speakers checked, and serviced. damn, these are altec speakers, with subwoofers. the whole thing must have been about 8-10k worth when i got them.


oh I get it. Power Supply Unit?

nah, i think its fine. the problem's totally external, i suppose.
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
True, but you still need to get that PC serviced. No harm in getting it checked, specially if it's still under warranty. I'd suggest getting a PSU and an AVR that can supply above what your PC needs, that way you don't get fucked up when you decide to upgrade some hardware.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I think my PSU is fine because I bought it when I upgraded my warez, and I matched them.

when you say AVR for my hardware though, what exactly should I get? I thought AVRs were only there to regulate the power or whatnot. I'm so stupid. -_- I checked the PC X product list and apparently there were a lot of AVR stuffs. :blink Isn't a circuit-breaker enough?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
No. You need an AVR to regulate voltage fluctuations, so that whatever's hooked up to it gets a nice and even flow of current (thus the term Automatic Voltage Regulator/ AVR). Getting a nice heavy duty AVR can save you the trouble of it breaking down on you due to extended use. I've been using mine for about 10 years now; Got the "best" option way back then, and I've only had a few problems with it now (insualtion... I get zapped a lot when I accidentally brush my leg/foot against it).
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
sigh. you're right. i better invest on it. maybe the 1.5k ones will do.. I have to put a ceiling on that or else I can't go for the brazilian spa treatment.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Where are your priorities at? PC> Spa! You can't read your weekly scans on a tanning bed!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you don't get it. that "treatment" is a very big step for me. It's a defining moment of my womanhood, and if I cancel it, i feel it will forever be postponed...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That "treatment" being a sexchange? :rofl
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
is the brazilian a fad nowadays? i went hanging out 2 days ago and the girls kept telling me they did a brazilian and it was so good. i thought they're learning MMA
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
i dunno. But I really want to try it. It's now or never... :darn
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Wouldn't know... Seeing as I'm a proud and responsible owner of a penis...

Say, can anyone reccomend me a good anime with AWESOME fight scenes? Im looking for tons and tons of hard hitting, gut wrenching, bloody action that can make Guyver look like a kiddie program.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
is the brazilian a fad nowadays? i went hanging out 2 days ago and the girls kept telling me they did a brazilian and it was so good. i thought they're learning MMA
ROFL, first I thought she was referring to something about the brazilian girl in the Hayden Kho scandal, then the MMA thing came into my mind next. I still have no idea what it is.

I can imagine that spas are really relaxing, but the only people who'd really care that you went to a spa are you, girl friends and metrosexual guys.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
never much for spas myself.... i'm not comfortable people touching me really haha :D

Say, can anyone reccomend me a good anime with AWESOME fight scenes? Im looking for tons and tons of hard hitting, gut wrenching, bloody action that can make Guyver look like a kiddie program.
man I told you guys, GURREN LAGANN! but i dont know if you like mecha... for gunz n ammo try black lagoon... for ancient, seirei no moribito.... for gore galore watch hellsing.... for pure "action" try ikki tousen. there's also an ongoing series paperboy, sengoku basara, feudal japan with powerlevels 9001
 

TechnoMagus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
27
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
hmmmm.....the master is proud, haha.....you know when i you film "private home videos" you better have consent and your face not showing the very least and don't leave it in a very user friendly format like 3gp or avi.....convert it to mkv or something exotic so casual users have a hard time playing it, haha.....:jk

speaking of brazillian....
i personally do an equivalent treatment to myself at least twice a year....:xp

damm scandal.....i have LSS of careless whisper.....kng pwede lng gawing ring tone ginawa ko na....:rofl
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Yonie- I'm into mecha, it's just that it's so damn hard to find GOOD torrents of the stuffy you reccomend (Gurren Lagann)... I keep on getting bad/ broken links...Either that, or no seeds... :scry

I have Hellsing, but the action scenes are a bit short for my taste. As for Ikki Tousen, I'd rather watch guro ****** than watch fanservice with action. I'd also like to stay away from ongoing series... Waiting for a new episode torments me...
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@Yonie- I'm into mecha, it's just that it's so damn hard to find GOOD torrents of the stuffy you reccomend (Gurren Lagann)... I keep on getting bad/ broken links...Either that, or no seeds... :scry

I have Hellsing, but the action scenes are a bit short for my taste. As for Ikki Tousen, I'd rather watch guro ****** than watch fanservice with action. I'd also like to stay away from ongoing series... Waiting for a new episode torments me...
Does it have to be torrents? You can get it from IRC quickly if you wanted to.

@TM: Bakit di mo pde gawin ringtone yung careless whisper?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't do IRC. I like to copy, paste, click next, and leave the computer and antivirus to do the rest. Just too lazy to learn how to use it.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@Yonie- I'm into mecha, it's just that it's so damn hard to find GOOD torrents of the stuffy you reccomend (Gurren Lagann)... I keep on getting bad/ broken links...Either that, or no seeds... :scry
oh okay, here's a piratebay torrent. i checked the subs, it's good HD quality
TTGL 1-27 HD

i forgot the scandal, but we found one where the background music was "born free". until now it's still makes me lol :rofl
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I don't do IRC. I like to copy, paste, click next, and leave the computer and antivirus to do the rest. Just too lazy to learn how to use it.
Well, for what it's worth, Piratebay has a torrent with 135 seeds.

Heh, Yonie ninja'ed me, but I was not quite sure if it'd break rules :D.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top