Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
This kind of Brazillian

@BB- Chicken! Speaking of getting a wax... I'm thinking of getting my "Hank McCoy" back waxed... But I'm too chicken to get it done (I still cringe when I remove a well placed band-aid).
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
This kind of Brazillian

@BB- Chicken! Speaking of getting a wax... I'm thinking of getting my "Hank McCoy" back waxed... But I'm too chicken to get it done (I still cringe when I remove a well placed band-aid).
So BB held back on doing Ronaldinho? That was the right decision :D.

So, it's waxing, huh? I'm glad I don't have to go through that :D.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Oh you hairless bastard! Having all this hair is... Somewhat inconvenient.


Oh god :scry I just finished reading a Shojo manga called "Bitter Virgin" :scry I've gotta admit that I was expecting to read an ecchi manga, but as soon as I finished the second chapter, I got hooked :scry Some of you guys might want to read it too, I'm sure BB'll get suckered into it...:scry It wasn't enough to move me to tears, but I feel all mushy now :scry
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Through some unfortunate circumstance, I already know a bit of the ending of Bitter Virgin and most of the story.

Too depressing for my tastes, IMHO, but indeed it's getting good reviews.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah... It's... Good... :scry I feel like such a wuss now :scry *Listens to King Diamond to make himself feel more manly*
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hey, after long hiatus in this thread, can i do some campaigning here? nana is getting more and more followers.. so why dont you click on the link on my sig, paypa bouy?:D this ones got some ecchi stuff too...but heck the story's really really good...ull love punk and some emo attitude altogether... *ufhufu*
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Aha! So you've been lurking all this time! :yelling VOYEUR!!!

Here's a link to the torrent of Bitter Virgin... I'm so immasculated right now, DoD's prolly manlier atm...

@DoD- Not a big fan of bishounen art...
 
Last edited:

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
naw, truth to tell, its only now that igot time to read on some of my subscribed threads again.. i used to just check on the nana thread and sign out out of tight sched...but guess ive got time to slack off just now

bitter virgin, ive read that manga already.i guess its really actually just some seinen stuff, the type that moves the guys only [and that for a shoujo]. i dont know why but seems to me, guys like buying the idea of pitying damsels in distress..[ahaha, like that wud ever be the case for ya]....you guys like stories wherein your species are being such the savior, huh?[i know some males liking the same kind of stories]

and why is nana considered having bishounen art, pray tell?:oh
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Savior? hm... I quite like the sound of that, after all I do have some sort of a "messiah complex"...

As I've mentioned before, I don't normally go for manga/anime that involve men who looks so ambiguous that they'd pass off as women if they were shoved into a dress... I understand that the mangaka want to make their male characters "handsome" but "pretty" is just too god damned weird.
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
:blink..you? oh, yeah, i almost forgot you got only yourself for a messiah. drop it, panda-kuu, the word alone doesnt suit you.only a costume does.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Bleh, I view myself to be one of the only real metal heads left in the world; we're a dying breed, and some day I'll spark the metal revolution and kill off weak music!

As for girls, though I do have a messiah complex, I don't like damsels in distress... Too needy, too clingy, too much of a hassle...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
ITS DOODS! wait, who is doods, it's a name at the back of my head. i don't know what it is but it gives off a disturbing aura

@paperboy: i love mushishi. i don't know if that's to your liking though, slice of life. but mushishi too, is one of my faves, makes you light-hearted. also bitter virgin... uh, depressing...

@bb: i keep postponing my cebu exodus because i can't find a god damn, reasonably-priced single room to board. so if i can't find one this week i'm gonna have to crash at friends, i really don't wanna do that right now, this vacation has really made me socially withdrawn
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
then be a fan of nana. the other lead is such a rock enthusiast.but it says there its a punk music theyre into...i tell you, you can almost feel the story woven out of real situations..like i can almost swear i feel the rythm of music theyre having beating on the pages showing them performing. the expressions are so visual you could actually feel deafening. :love

and oh, i think males drawn to look like females are just as it is in real life..there are really some males having feminine features and they pass off as cute. :p
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
doods you're really into nana huh? i dropped at volume 6 or something, i don't know, feels like i'm just forcing myself to read it. art is good, story is good, but it doesn't click anything on me. maybe for girls, but not to me. too much fabulous imo
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@yonie- I actually stopped downloading Mushishi... too many damn leechers, too little seeders. It'll take DAYS for it to finish, and I need my anime fix now!

@DoD- You're sort of a girl, so you don't count when it comes to judging male looks! Only us men can judge each other! I used to read Beck... but i got lazy... Punk's like the weak and scrawny cousin of heavy metal...
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
On Nana, I watched the Nana Movie because Hamazaki Aoi was great. And Ito Yuna of course. When it came to the second movie, the story became to girly for me, though, so I couldn't bear to watch it anymore. (Besides, Aoi wasn't there anymore).

The manga, haven't tried it... I'll give it a try one of these times, but shoujo manga really make my mood go into places I don't want it to go.

ITS DOODS! wait, who is doods, it's a name at the back of my head. i don't know what it is but it gives off a disturbing aura
Doods is Edu Manzano :D.
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
@panda-kuu sort of girl??:yelling i am a girl! so i am onto judging males by their looks :amuse. creature of the same gender dont bother with each other, y'know...unless youre halfway through the dividing lines...fufu

@yonie...
read that location description
<-------- i belong in the front lobe of everyone's mind, so you must have had your brain do an exactly 180 to not having remembered an iota about me.

and nana, the story is a bit drag before chap 14, however, you want to have a good view of women's so called complex personalities? reading them would really help you understand as to the how and whys of our mindset. i can name a few guys who are so into this read too. and honesly, the story rapidly evolved after chapter 14, n therere wonderful concoction of profound POVs interspersed throughout...
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:yelling Girls don't count since it girls count, all the manly men would be categorized as ugly! Pretty is for girls, let us men have our dignity!
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
take my word of it, kuro-kuu, the manga conveys better...hey who are you anyway? :blink.

and im no DOODS manzano... im Dod. the other boogers are kinda butchering my charming name.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:yelling What the hell are you asking me that for???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top