Pinoy Hang-out Thread v. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanzi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Hello sa lahat.

I was really planning on lurking the boards first (being a newbie), but I do not want to turn down an invitation (thanks for the PM baboysai :amuse). I actually came to this forum in the spur of the moment, so.. yeah.

I'm kind of an errand girl tonight, so I'll be off. I'll try to hang out as much as I can even though classes will start this week (I only have one class, but since this is my final one, I predict this would be the bane of my university existence).

Cheers ^.^
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yata!

so... anybody wanna go ahead with the initiations? :kukuku


yonie, i believe KTT's avatar is his own balding head. :oh
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hallo stanzi, welcome to the thread :amuse watch out for an ambiguous dominatrix stalker-voyeur british professor

@bb: i hope it's his head, on the top
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Welcome Stanzi! :confetti

@Yonie- It's the "other" head. :rofl
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
the other head, or the headS??
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
ROOOOFFFLLLMMAAAOOOOOO!!!!

*sfx* wrlgwrlgwrlgwrlgwrlgwrlgwrlgwrlgwww *sfx*

Oh snap...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
dammit i forgot to tell you paperboy, there's a live stream of the download festival here http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/webcast/

journey just finished, they were fuck awesome, arnel blew the stage away, dream theater is playing now, and uh, they suck wtf. zz top, white snake and def leppard after DT finishes
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Oh wow, so many great bands all at once... Too bad I couldn't be there to watch! Hahaha! I'm not that big a fan of Dream Theater, I find them to be pretty over rated. Hm, White Snake? What lineup?
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
dunno, i just learned it earlier dammit i only watched half of journey's set. 10 more minutes of DT, after that ZZ Top. finally, you know they saved the best for last day, checking the sched, 2 days ago it was korn and limp bizkit the hell, yesterday it's slipknot and dragonforce. the great bands are for today, stone gods, black stone... arrggh i hate myself for missing a lot


DT is pulling it up, they sucked earlier but they're back on track, they look old though damn.
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
All the classic bands are getting old... no shit sherlock! :rofl

I'm really interested in the band lineups since these old bands have certain lineups that are kickass, and certain ones that are shit.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
lol nah, cause i haven't seen them in a long time, present look i mean. but still, they were awesome, i mean, how often do you see this live? or streamed live



also lol, journey treats arnel like the koyuki of the group



okay this is not my blog, brb in a while
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well he is the youngest in the group... The rest of them are old farts compared to him.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
lol nah, cause i haven't seen them in a long time, present look i mean. but still, they were awesome, i mean, how often do you see this live? or streamed live



also lol, journey treats arnel like the koyuki of the group



okay this is not my blog, brb in a while
Arnel is just awesome. Lucky bastard.

And why the comparison to Koyuki? The Koyuki from "Last Samurai"?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Koyuki from Beck/MCS.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
the other head, or the headS??
okay, that I don't get. :confused

And why the comparison to Koyuki? The Koyuki from "Last Samurai"?
.
.
.
:oh

like paperboy says, Koyuki from Beck. You should read it mj. I think you'll really like it.

BTW, I just read this josei: Usagi drop. It's awesome, cute, endearing, etc. You guys should try this too. It doesn't have any smut at all though, I'm thinking that's what paperboy wants -_-; It's about a guy who adopts a kid.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I actually like the anime of Beck better. Being able to hear them perform in sync with the music is a totally different experience form reading the manga and listening to the songs.

@BB- ALL men have two heads... KTS has MORE!
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
BTW, I just read this josei: Usagi drop. It's awesome, cute, endearing, etc. You guys should try this too. It doesn't have any smut at all though, I'm thinking that's what paperboy wants -_-; It's about a guy who adopts a kid.
i've read it, it's good, but i keep labeling it inferior to Aishiteruze Baby. still a good read though, and it's still ongoing i believe

@heads: men have four.... one.... two... three and four
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
what? I don't think Aishiteruze Baby is better... I somehow like the tone of Josei more. hehe. the real-ness of it and it's laid back and everything.

Makes me reaffirm my love for josei. Josei is an awesome genre.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
eh that's where we differ. i rank seinen > shounen > shoujo > josei. iirc the only josei i enjoyed was nodame
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
oh for me though it really depends. I mean, I love each of them for certain stuff:

I love the seinen for its heaviness. Some seinen may be on the slice-of-life side or the comedy, that's okay too. But if it were on the romance side, I'd like smut or josei better than shoujo. Perhaps seinen romance treatment is also fairly amusing, not just as kilig as josei. Also, josei tend to show the good things in real life, while seinen show the annoying/bad/sad things that happen. :s

Shounen, I love for its pureness of morals. There's usually no grey area- just black and white, win or lose. The echoing call of youth that reminds the reader to keep on fighting.

Shoujo though, would probably be the lot where I find a lot of annoying stories. -_-; Like highschool girls. They get on my nerves when they're not smart. Shoujo stories are like that. And when i also ventured into the other demographics, i get impatient with shoujo stories that take a 100 chapters before they even start kissing :darn Smut is the way to go if I don't want to wait long though :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top