This is true however I beg to disagree with the high-earning thing. My wage is way lower than an average company Helpdesk that's why I always rant
@cinder
haha. you can never pacify CSRs that way. they talk calm, but they think of you as bullsh*t if you start shouting/venting your anger at them. ask bss
Of course! Remember the PLDT scandal? The rep there probably was cussing at the customer thinking she was on MUTE status that's why she kept on denying that she didn't cuss at him. That's where the CSR went wrong. She wasn't on mute when she deliberately cussed the customer.
RULE: Don't ever piss off your customer support rep especially TECHNICAL SUPPORT REP! They can do a lot of things to you and your services.
Here's an example of mine: Yesterday, there was an agent who wanted to reset their password (AGAIN!) . The vexing thing was, they kept on laughing while they were talking to me as if mocking me or something. And then finally they asked me "Where I was from?". My vein popped when I heard that while they were laughing. I was thinking, OK, here's another case of racism because they probably found out that we're not from anywhere in the US or Canada. So, with chagrin, I asked "Why?" when my usual answer would have been "From the Philippines." And the bastard answered with much sarcasm "Why? Because I was curious?" then the other guys in the background were laughing while asking "He asked why?".
It's just plain insulting to me! So what I did, the moment he was able to login, I didn't answer anymore of his inquiries and dropped the call outright. After that, I found his network account and did some "modifications". I removed his access to the payroll system and his account will expire the next day after our small encounter. Now he'll have a hell of a week after the holidays trying to get his hours counted without him timestamping in the payroll/attendance system.
I sometimes wonder about entering the call center industry. i dunno, it just seems so............ easy? not mentioning the physical restraints of course, it is tiring, but you know you can get in easily, you just need to be fluent and social, your work is long but not hard to do. hm. what do you think bakashi? kase parang tinatamad na talaga ako magstudy, lagi nalg counter
Do yourself a favor man! DON'T! Yes it is easy because of several reasons:
1. everyday you do the same thing. heck in 3 weeks time on the floor, you can troubleshoot with your eyes closed (literally) without looking at references.
2. you don't bring work at home. after your shift, you don't need to worry about anything else besides gimmick and sleeping.
3. you don't need an actual degree to get to this job. as you said, you only need English fluency (neutral American Accent) and being talkative. The accent comes last I tell you. I have encountered lots of agents who always speak the word issue as "eeeshu".
But please please don't let these reasons be your motivation to take this job. If you can get a better job in a field that you like, then by all means, pursue that. I know that wages in CCI (call center Industry) compared to entry level engineers, IT's or architects are way higher, you only need experience then you'll see how much more you can earn with that experience.
I know I'm being all "parenty" about this but I just want to warn you guys out there because I've been there. Now, it's hard for me to get out of this line of business. Jobstreet would always send me job opportunities for a call center rep position which is pretty annoying.
Though I'm relieved because I can get any job at anytime so I won't be out of dough.
@bbsai
hey! Long time no hear! nakidnap ka na nga ata ni Imp
BTW, I wanted to ask, since you're graduating and all, you'd be taking an internship right? before taking the board exams?
pero i had the decency though to explain to the csr that i was angry at how their company render their unlimited text service and not directly at them.
Some reps understand this while MOST reps, won't! Why? Because they are the shock absorbers of the company. They get all the beating from the customers while the bigwigs sit on their comfy executive chairs while you'r a** is getting fried on the phone. You can never blame them if they do that. Never!
That's why when I deal with anyone in the customer service industry (be it the shopping mall or the fastfood) I always treat them with respect and talk calmly as possible. I even call them "sir" and "ma'am". But when they start to give me very poor customer service (like when they ignore me , or like, they're not even enthusiastic about providing their service), that's the time when I get assertive and all (but still with the "sir" and "ma'am). Try it, it does wonders--those sirs and ma'ams.
you're right. my real interests should come first anyway. tho i am thankful for the CCI for helping a lot of people find jobs. if ever i fail at all my applications i still have that option. i do know some people who've both liked and hate being in the call center.
i do have dilemmas to my future too. while i sit here procrastinating i still havent properly chosen the path to walk on, i mean i want to walk on all these paths but which is the best... i can do a lot of stuff but you know.................... actually i can. hahaha. well, back to counterstrike
and btw, you know guys, the best and REALLY THE BEST solution to a dilemma? just two words. TWO WORDS, THE STRONGEST ASSET OF A FILIPINO.
you're right. my real interests should come first anyway. tho i am thankful for the CCI for helping a lot of people find jobs. if ever i fail at all my applications i still have that option. i do know some people who've both liked and hate being in the call center.
i do have dilemmas to my future too. while i sit here procrastinating i still havent properly chosen the path to walk on, i mean i want to walk on all these paths but which is the best... i can do a lot of stuff but you know.................... actually i can. hahaha. well, back to counterstrike
You'll come to realize what you'd really like especially when you're at work. And yeah, if ever you can't find a job immediately that's your field of interest, you can go to CCI but treat it like a temp job.
And it is true that there are people who hate and like the job. But as far as I can see, majority abhors the job. Only the sups and managers probably like the job.
and btw, you know guys, the best and REALLY THE BEST solution to a dilemma? just two words. TWO WORDS, THE STRONGEST ASSET OF A FILIPINO.
i have alot of csr and call centre agents friends. paulit-ulit daw and when you prefer something dynamic as yor work csr and call centre is not for you.
medyo tiring din daw and unhealthy pagiging csr that's why they have hazard pay. dunno.
don't take a job or profession pag hindi mo alam kung ano ang kaakibat na responsibilidad nun even if you just took that job bilang kapit sa patalim.
i'm going to be an accountant, what i have to put up with are lousy people on a cut throat environment since i'n dealing with some call as the root of evil, money & taxes.
^ hunter71485 my mom says the same thing. pag umaga daw, when she's riding the mrt going to work, may mga kasabay syang csr agents going home from work, tapos sabi ng mom ko ang lalandi daw at parang pakawala, ang lalakas ng mga boses na parang palingkera.
dunno. i have csr friends, merong malandi at merong indi. same thing with my non csr friends, merong malandi at merong hindi.
Regarding the kalandian of agents, oo madami dyan pero mayroon din naman na medyo disente pa din. What's annoying with them is they try to project an image of beins "sosyal". The way they smoke, the way they talk, the way they walk. You really don't have to talk in English when you're just smoking with your buddies right? Kayo kayo lang naman. wala naman foreigner na kasama.
@Imperium
Hey! You returned a wee bit late. You could have met the goddess. And yeah it was close call for the thread. But everybody had to celebrate the new Year's so....
wahh! hindi ako nakapunta dto sa new years got grounded >___>
how was the paputoks!!? i got to talk to my familythere and they set off a few.
oh yeah are firecrackers still allowed there? <--- i dunno if anyone answered that already...
i remember they used to have lots of those in china town
about csr, i dunno. pag silasila lang naman ganun. but when i am having coffee with them hindi naman sila ganun. maybe it's just riding the bandwagon or something.
meron ba kayong mga YM ID? pm nyo naman sa akin. hehehehe.
@lilium: of course there's always firecrackers. its mad noisy, especially on the eve of december 31. it just doesnt feel right without firecrackers. everywhere its *boom* *bam* hehehe that's what new year's here all about
yep! firecrackers will always be a part of the New tradition here in the Phil. When I was go to work, I always listen to my MP3 player at full volume. Imagine the music playing in my player was drowned by firecrackers when I went to work on new Year's eve. I swear, I had my ears ringing till I got on the jeep.
about csr, i dunno. pag silasila lang naman ganun. but when i am having coffee with them hindi naman sila ganun. maybe it's just riding the bandwagon or something.