Pinoy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

ngaun ko lang nalaman na may hangout thread pala ang mga pinoy! asteg!

ADD: wow! mas masaya na magforums nito sa Manga helpers. meron na kong kapwa pinoys na adek sa anime and manga per se. dapat meron taung EB :p

@DZ

i hope you get to bag that exam. i don't know much about St. Benilde exams. but if you were to apply in University of Santo Tomas, i'd be more than willing to help you. buuuut....if St. Benilde's practice is the same as De La Salle University, I think you'd need to focus on English communications and writing (based from my friend who took an exam in De La Salle Univ.) i heard you'll be given an item there to write an essay.

lots o' luck!!
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Hi! Tuloy ka lang dito, bakashijinsan :amuse Gusto mo ikaw ang mag-organize ng EB? Marami akong ginagawa. Suggestion ko kung kelan nasa Pilipinas si DZ :p Yung ibang mga Pinoy dito eh nasa abroad. Meron din nasa 'Pinas nga eh hindi sa Luzon nakatira.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

cge ba! basta EB! :XD sabihan nyo lang ako kung kelan nyo gusto! and ako magorganize.

teka tanong ko lang, halos lahat ba ng mga Filipino dito e may mga work na? baka mahirapan tau mag organize ng EB kung may mga work.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Malapit na rin ako magwork; patapusin mo muna ako ng college :p Sa totoo lang, balak ko nga magpart-time pero sinabihan ako na tapusin ko muna pag-aaral ko dahil 1 term na lang natitira sa 'kin. Ang sigurado akong may trabaho na ay si okyatoks kaya inactive siya ngayon. 'Pag summer pa ata magiging maluwag sched niya. Hindi ko alam yung sa iba.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

a patapos ka pa lang pala. tama yun. tapusin mo na muna. kase mas mahirap na kung mag part time ka pa. mahirap mag-manage ng oras.

ok cge. sana yung mga frequent peepz dito, ilagay nila yung availabl schedules nila. tapos aantayin natin si dragonzair (accdg to Ayah) na bumalik sa Pinas. then saka natin planuhin EB.

:thumbs
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Tao po! Me thread pala tayo. Nakakatawang isipin na nag submit ako ng translation tapos di man lang alam ang thread na to. hehe
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Hi MangaDictus! :party na dito sa thread na to! welcome po!

ako nga din kelan ko lang nalaman e :D
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

heheheh i guess that's us in the same boat. anong meron dito? nakakatamad kaseng magbasa pag ganito na kahaba ung thread hehehe :D
 

gian

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
159
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

EB ba? Hmm... May Finals ako hanggang Tuesday tapos free nako for the next three weeks. :)
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Wow. Buti pa kayo. Olats. Di ako pwede.[br]Posted on: October 14, 2006, 03:32:52 PM_________________________________________________Anong meron? heheheh Anong mga manga ang trip nyo? Trip ko ngayon, aside from Naruto and Bleach, hmmmmm.. Hellsing, Vagabond, Blade Of The Immortal at saka Death Note. AaarrrRRggGg!! I wanna read 'em all!!! hehehehe My nick says it all :D
 

gian

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
159
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

MangaDictus said:
Wow. Buti pa kayo. Olats. Di ako pwede.[br]Posted on: October 14, 2006, 03:32:52 PM_________________________________________________Anong meron? heheheh Anong mga manga ang trip nyo? Trip ko ngayon, aside from Naruto and Bleach, hmmmmm.. Hellsing, Vagabond, Blade Of The Immortal at saka Death Note. AaarrrRRggGg!! I wanna read 'em all!!! hehehehe My nick says it all :D
NarutoBleachOnePiece :D Prince of Tennis, Hajime no Ippo, Mr. Fullswing -- sayang lang yung last two mababagal yung releases tapos nadrop na ata yung Mr. Fullswing? Gusto ko rin Tough kasi maganda yung art at kakaiba siya sa ibang mga Manga, pero nadrop na yun eh.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

MangaDictus said:
Wow. Buti pa kayo. Olats. Di ako pwede.[br]Posted on: October 14, 2006, 03:32:52 PM_________________________________________________Anong meron? heheheh Anong mga manga ang trip nyo? Trip ko ngayon, aside from Naruto and Bleach, hmmmmm.. Hellsing, Vagabond, Blade Of The Immortal at saka Death Note. AaarrrRRggGg!! I wanna read 'em all!!! hehehehe My nick says it all :D
Awesome! Seinin mangas + Death Note! You should try OP. :D It's the best from the top three and bakashinjinsan can back me up on that >_>;

I rarely see filipinos read Seinin mangas, and even if I usually rec mangas to my friends, it feels awkward to rec her some seinin since...I just know she wouldn't have approved of me reading it. >_<
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Awesome! Seinin mangas + Death Note! You should try OP. :D It's the best from the top three and bakashinjinsan can back me up on that >_>;

I rarely see filipinos read Seinin mangas, and even if I usually rec mangas to my friends, it feels awkward to rec her some seinin since...I just know she wouldn't have approved of me reading it. >_<
Seinin that is. Hehehe I just love the mature nature of the art. Especially Vagabond. I just started on Death Note. Weird thing though, I enjoyed Futari Ecchi. Hehehe
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Vagabond ftw. I thought I used to like Berserk the most, then I started reading Vagabond. The art work is brilliant, especially the painted panels.

You should try Berserk, btw. :tem It's good as well. XD

And yeah. Seinin mangas tend to have 'matured' art than normal Shounen mangas. Being an artist myself, I love love love the detailed scenes in both Vagabond and Berserk. Since Berserk is closer to being modern than Vagabond (not really, but somewhere in the knights/horses/blahblahblah century), so the insides of the castles are overly detailed. XD
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Vagabond suits me cuz I used to practice informally the way of the sword. I practice Kenjutstu, Hiten Ni Chi Ryu to be exact, by Miyamoto Musashi.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

o.o;;;

Woah.

Where do you live btw? Because, if you live in the Philippines, I was wondering if it was possible to buy swords online, whereas, in the States in would've been alot easier.[br]Posted on: October 15, 2006, 10:30:40 AM_________________________________________________Oh. And...is it possible you post a picture of the weapon you use :wtf
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Nah, there's none here as far as I know. I'm in Phil.[br]Posted on: October 15, 2006, 10:32:32 AM_________________________________________________
Dragonzair said:
And...is it possible you post a picture of the weapon you use :wtf
It's a bokken, a wakizashi to be exact. I did have a katori shinto but it was quite long so I wanted to be flexible and got myself a wakizashi. It's a bit longer than a kodachi and usually is a complementary sword to a normal katana but then you get the flexibility you need when you use it. I stopped practicing kenjitsu because of work. Need to earn money eh. hehehe Btw, can you give me a list of Vagabond chapters arranged by volumes? I'm trying to archive that one and also BotI. Thanks! :)

This is the bokken I have. It's made of Yakal (type of wood, very hard)
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Ah ^_^; Sorry, I don't have a list of the chapters, but only by story arcs.

MIYAMOTO ARC: Chapters 1-21 (Volumes 1-2)
KYŌTO ARC: Chapters 22-32 (Volumes 2-4)
HŌZŌIN ARC: Chapters 33-76 (Volumes 4-8)
YAGYŪ ARC: Chapters 77-104 (Volumes 8-11)
TSUJIKAZE KŌHEI / SHISHIDO BAIKEN ARC: Chapters 105-127 (Volumes 11-13)
SASAKI KOJIRŌ ARC: Chapters 128-179 (Volumes 14-20)
MUSASHI ARC: Chapters 180-present [215] (Volumes 21-present)

Taken from Wikipedia. If I have time, I can write up a list of the chapters. But some of the dosnloads I have don't state the chapters in the file name, but is in th chapter itself, so it'll take some time. But I'll try.

As for BotI, I'm not sure >_>; You can try Wikipedia?

Oh, and where did you get your bokken? And where did you used to study? :wtf
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Ah ^_^; Sorry, I don't have a list of the chapters, but only by story arcs.

MIYAMOTO ARC: Chapters 1-21 (Volumes 1-2)
KYŌTO ARC: Chapters 22-32 (Volumes 2-4)
HŌZŌIN ARC: Chapters 33-76 (Volumes 4-8)
YAGYŪ ARC: Chapters 77-104 (Volumes 8-11)
TSUJIKAZE KŌHEI / SHISHIDO BAIKEN ARC: Chapters 105-127 (Volumes 11-13)
SASAKI KOJIRŌ ARC: Chapters 128-179 (Volumes 14-20)
MUSASHI ARC: Chapters 180-present [215] (Volumes 21-present)

Taken from Wikipedia. If I have time, I can write up a list of the chapters. But some of the dosnloads I have don't state the chapters in the file name, but is in th chapter itself, so it'll take some time. But I'll try.
Wow. I already tried Wiki but didn't get that info. Can you post the link here? Thanks!

Dragonzair said:
Oh, and where did you get your bokken? And where did you used to study? :wtf
A friend of mine who was also a practitioner of the art. He made it for me. Or should I say I bought it for a cheap deal. My training was informal because it was him who taught me although he had formal training.

You sound like you're quite interest. There aren't a lot of dojos out here that teach Kenjitsu.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagabond_(manga)

Just scroll down and it's there in the bottom. ^_^

You sound like you're quite interest. There aren't a lot of dojos out here that teach Kenjitsu.
I am. Very. >_>; I've always been into swordsmanship when I was younger. I was also interested in taking fencing, but I decided not to since classes here were too expensive here anyway. But the more I read manga, the more I got interested into Japanese swordsmanship, and I've grown very fond of collecting pictures of katanas. :P

So yeah. Although I have not enough knowledge about Japanese swordsmanship, I've always fantasized myself actually weilding a katana. -_-; I do want to learn, but I don't know where.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top