Pinoy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

It's really hard. I'm currently here in Cebu and they do have a dojo here where they teach Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu, Musashi's art. I'm sure they've got quite a few in Manila especially Tenshin Shōden Katori Shintō-ryū. Where you at right now?
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Actually, I don't live in the Philippines ^_^; But I'm going to be studying there soon, which is next year. So I was thinking that I could probably take classes, once I have enough money of my own. I'm going to live in Mabini, so I wouldn't have problems with going to dojos in Manila. Have you gotten more information on this?

Arnis is cool too. Erm. I think it's called arnis. That philippine martial art where you use two sticks? I can't seem to find it in Wikipedia. :s
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Arnis is cool too. Erm. I think it's called arnis. That philippine martial art where you use two sticks? I can't seem to find it in Wikipedia. :s
That's because it is listed under the name Escrima in Wikipedia. I suddenly missed my PE classes during my senior year in high school because we took up the basics of it.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Actually, I don't live in the Philippines ^_^; But I'm going to be studying there soon, which is next year. So I was thinking that I could probably take classes, once I have enough money of my own. I'm going to live in Mabini, so I wouldn't have problems with going to dojos in Manila. Have you gotten more information on this?
Well, good luck on that. So far that's the only info I got. Try asking some friends about that, I'm sure they'll have some info for you.

Dragonzair said:
Arnis is cool too. Erm. I think it's called arnis. That philippine martial art where you use two sticks? I can't seem to find it in Wikipedia. :s
I think the most popular here is Doce Pares, founded by Cacoy Cañete here in Cebu.
Btw, if you watched Hunted by Benicio del Torro and Tommy Lee Jones, the knife and hand-to-hand combat used in the movie was Kali and Pangamot, both Philippine-based Martial Arts.

I wanna learn arnis but then I'm hooked into submission wrestling right now. Try Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu sometimes. I'm sure you're gonna love it! :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Ah, thanks Ate.

MangaDictus: Thanks for the info, anyway. XD And Brazilian Jiu-Jutsu, huh?
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Ah, thanks Ate.

MangaDictus: Thanks for the info, anyway. XD And Brazilian Jiu-Jutsu, huh?
Yep! It's more like grappling, submission using leverage, not strength.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

:lmao

It's funny but...

That's almost like the way I fight with my brother at home. >_> He always cries like a baby whenever I used to win! XD Ok. Not funny, but still amusing. XD
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Dragonzair said:
:lmao

It's funny but...

That's almost like the way I fight with my brother at home. >_> He always cries like a baby whenever I used to win! XD Ok. Not funny, but still amusing. XD

Don't you think you should've been with the dominant Y chromosome? hehehe Check out www.wildko.com . It'll show you some bjj vids. Really cool site! :D[br]Posted on: October 18, 2006, 10:22:23 AM_________________________________________________Btw, I have Firefox and it can't read Kanji. You have any idea what to do with it?
 

boddah

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 18, 2006
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

nice! marami din pala pinoy dito! ngayon lang ako nagregister pero matagal tagal ko na rin source ng manga tong mangahelpers. anyway, astig tayo lahat! hehe may taga marikina ba dito? ;)
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

No idea tol. Taga Cebu ako :D
 

sakura_uchiha

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
249
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Ello sa mga Pipol diyan!!! :D
 

ungasis

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 18, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

ako po ay isang baguhan sa forumna ito at nagagalak na may puwang para sa mga pinoy...

mabuhay =P
 

sakura_uchiha

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
249
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

ungasis said:
ako po ay isang baguhan sa forumna ito at nagagalak na may puwang para sa mga pinoy...

mabuhay =P
Welcome Ungasis!!! Enjoy ur stay!!!
 

hashikei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
209
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

ungasis said:
ako po ay isang baguhan sa forumna ito at nagagalak na may puwang para sa mga pinoy...
wow my filipino(especially vocabulary) is getting really bad, i had to read that sentence 3 times :blink

Anyway, welcome to MH, have fun here! :tem
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Ikinagagalak namin ang iyong pagsali sa aming pagsasalo dito sa MH (Katulong ng mga Manga) ungasis. Hangarin namin na maipabatid sayo ang kasiyahan ng dulot ng pagbabasa ng Manga. Kung ikaw ay nangangailan ng tulong, maraming mga mahabaging kababayan ka dito na handang tumulong sayo. :)[br]Posted on: October 18, 2006, 01:30:41 PM_________________________________________________Looks like I'm the only one here. Just finished translating Naruto 328 to tagalog based on pocketmofo's trans. I'll post it up when the thread becomes available.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Mukhang may mga makatang dumaan dito't nagparamdam :D Magandang araw po sa inyong lahat, lalo na kina boddah at ungasis! Hindi ako taga-Marikina :p
 

hashikei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
209
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

oh btw, taga marikina ako....dati......5 years ago.... :p
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Tagal na nun. So you've never been back here during those 5 years?
 

hashikei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
209
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

nope :(
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Well then, good luck! Hope you come back here. Masarap sa Pilipinas. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top