PLEASE someone help me to clean manga like Shannaro and Japflap PLZZZZZ | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

PLEASE someone help me to clean manga like Shannaro and Japflap PLZZZZZ

kyubisharingan

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I really want to clean manga and color to and ive been to the tutorial section on this site but some stuff is confusing. SOMEONE plzzzzz help a brother out

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It would be good to know what programs you use...most tutorials refer to photoshop...

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
and it would also help if you said exactly what was confusing

venicia777

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
my suggestion: if you have read the tutorials- then PM those who made them. they will respond. just know that, getting good at it takes time and practice. Good luck!

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
i have photoshop yes, its just the making the blacks....BLACK and i need help with greys and basically everything from color to straightness of panels. One of yall plzz help a brother

overjojojojo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
as a shannaro staff member, i have to tell ya, if you're just looking for shortcuts to get around having to do alot of hard work manually, then you wont find any, cuz none exist... there are helpful things that make things easier, yeah, but there will ALWAYS be things that need to be done manually...

to make lines and anything else darker or lighter, hold Ctrl and press L to bring up 'levels', a very handy tool if you know how to use it properly; play around with that and you should see how nice it is. this can only darken and/or lighten things, and often times you need to use it very lightly because you can lose alot of detail by mis-using it.

but this wont get the black spots black, no just make a new layer, and zoom in then just go over the spots with the brush- do the same for dust and whatnot with the whites

as for greys, the best way to do this is to make a new layer and RE-DRAW the lines, then make another layer and fill the grey spots with grey

and for straightening panels, go to image>rotate canvas>arbitrary then type in some small number to just play around and see exactly how much you need; often times only a decimal is needed 0.4 or 0.7 etc.

and for coloring, i could explain exactly how i color, but that wouldnt give you a chance to develope your own techniques and styles; just follow the tutorials word for word and tinker with how you do it after you get the basics down

im sure that most of this isnt what you wanted to hear, but thats all there is, no secret techniques, nothin...

[wow omg this is the longest post ive ever typed >_< lol]

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
are you serious? that is how you straighten? you never knew about the ruler? you just press "A" and it comes up and then you use one of the sides of the boxes to straighten it. Then, go to arbitrary and press okay.

vlado

Reaction score
Read our rush cleaning tutorial , it shows how to clean hq manga.

overjojojojo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
when you press A, the path selection tool comes up... but if you go to VIEW> NEW GUIDE> OK then a perfectly straight guide will come up...

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
i guess your shortcuts are different than mine but still guessing till you get it right is needlessly time consuming