Games Pope Game!

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Pope Game



​

In this game, one person is chosen by the group to be the Pope.

Half of the participants will secretly be chosen to pm the pope their "confession". This confession will have to be about a personality trait.

The pope then reads out the confessions one by one. After each confession, the players have to vote who they think the confession is from.

After every round, the confessions are all read out and the true authors revealed. The players who were voted for correctly will be out. The players who have not been voted for, or voted for wrongly will progress.

The aim of the game is for the players to convince each other that they are part of the non-confession half. The players who are not voted on, go on to the next round until the winners remain.

Game 1

First Phase


Confessions:

I believe wearing socks gives me some sort of protection against the evil at nights.

Participants
liductan
Hardy
Theboss
gnut
digitaldude
Farfalla
Hakuteiken
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I actually like this one (even though I don't know why it's called "the pope game", it could be a confessionary game).
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I do too, I was going to write a silly one line, but then got a bit carried away. The game mechanics still needs a lot of work, but I think it actually could be fun.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Sounds nice. What kind of a confession will we have to make? Any examples for that?
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
That's what I meant by the mechanics. It should be something in which the other players can use to vaguely identify someone but not so specific that it is immediately obvious who they are. I was thinking personality traits or maybe hobbies, for example someone could say

"I enjoy listening to ____"

And of course people will reply with who they think likes that artist/band. I'm open to better ideas as I think this way is still a bit flimsy.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Real confessions would be too difficult to backtrack, though.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
People that make more than 3/5 (not sure about this number) wrong guesses will be out of the game.

Cause, you know, it could be endless if you think about it :lmao
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I thought it would be real confessions...
That brings about the question, should it be real so that its easier to guess the person (i.e. then give people the chance to persuade/convince/argue that it isnt them and vice versa) or should it be real, so that its harder for people to guess and we learn a little about each other?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I like the idea of it being more of a real confession rather than just a trait or something someone likes. Or we could specify different themes for different games so that everyone's confessions are more uniform and have guidelines. I feel like I would always lose this game because it seems like I tell you guys too much all of the time. :fail
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I like the idea of it being more of a real confession rather than just a trait or something someone likes. Or we could specify different themes for different games so that everyone's confessions are more uniform and have guidelines. I feel like I would always lose this game because it seems like I tell you guys too much all of the time. :fail
That's a really good idea I think. It might even be worth all the future arguments over the themes.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I like the idea of it being more of a real confession rather than just a trait or something someone likes. Or we could specify different themes for different games so that everyone's confessions are more uniform and have guidelines. I feel like I would always lose this game because it seems like I tell you guys too much all of the time. :fail
I LIKE ZELDA AND HARRY POTTER!
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I LIKE ZELDA AND HARRY POTTER!
How fast can you unzip your pants?

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

How fast can you unzip your pants?
But by themes, I meant more along the lines of "confess something horrible you've done to your best friend, confess a band you love that you really shouldn't, confess the worst wardrobe malfunction you've had". Know what I mean?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
People who "confess" their favourite band is _______ should be disqualified and bannished forever.
 
Top