Discussion - Pot moments in real life. | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Pot moments in real life.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know what it is with people thinking Yukimura purposely holds back. He obviously doesn't. He never did, nor did any character say he did. Matter of fact they comment on how ruthless he is in NOT holding back, like Sanada. Yukimura hits winners all day, so I don't know where this is coming from.

Ravsieg

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
My serve is my weakest part by far. I'd say touch is the strongest point, I'm pretty good at volleying and dropshotting.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Today I defeated the guy that mind raped me.
By mind raping HIM.

With...a real life ultimate prediction. No, seriously.

Ok, first things first. I shouted "The next point will be decided...in 9 shots."
Around the fourth shot or so, I could end the point easily. But I kept it going just so I could make my prediction real. I did that 3 more times. I could end the point WAY before that but I let the ball alive so I could brag about my ultimate prediction.

After I got 4 straight points like that, I got a curious result. My opponent was subconciously letting me win the point every time I declared a number of shots(I didn't declare it every single point.)

I was like "h...huh. I guess I just mind raped him by accident."

Then I declared that I would win the next point in an ace. I did.

Apparently, just getting the prediction right 4 times or so mind rapes some people so badly they start unconciously helping your prediction, lol.

Seriously, try it out with anyone. Depending on how low their confidence is, you can totally mind rape them.

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
There is another way to mind rape people that did the same to you.

One year ago I was playing against a guy that only plays weak lobs over the net. Even if he could win the point with a winner or a smash he doesnt do it. He always play weak lobs straight at the opponent until they get sick of it (like me last year) and make a fault. I only wanted to end the match and go off the court. It was no fun at all and it made me sick. Boring as hell.

So a few days ago I had to play him in our club tournament, second round. Although my play stlye is entirly different I only used slice shots, which I can produce without doing faults awhich is because he did not make me run or didnt bring me in a difficult position where a slice return could land out or in the net. So after I was leading 3-0 first set he went totaly berserk and tried to hit the balls hard and flat... of course, without practice that did not work and I won the set 6-1 (I tried to play my style too then, made some errors lost one game). In the second set he made the faults without me doing anything. This time he wanted to go off court. :D After the match he said something like "Im never going to play you again" that made me smirk.

Last edited:

alexlw92

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know what it is with people thinking Yukimura purposely holds back. He obviously doesn't. He never did, nor did any character say he did. Matter of fact they comment on how ruthless he is in NOT holding back, like Sanada. Yukimura hits winners all day, so I don't know where this is coming from.
assuming yukimura is THAT good (which he probably is), he probably could get winners off of every service return and shot, and the opponent wouldnt get the yips because they wouldnt hit enough shots for yukimura to keep on hitting back.

Today I defeated the guy that mind raped me.
By mind raping HIM.

With...a real life ultimate prediction. No, seriously.
ive tried that. i said 5 shots and it went up to 17. then i said 9 shots and i double faulted -.-

There is another way to mind rape people that did the same to you.

One year ago I was playing against a guy that only plays weak lobs over the net. Even if he could win the point with a winner or a smash he doesnt do it. He always play weak lobs straight at the opponent until they get sick of it (like me last year) and make a fault. I only wanted to end the match and go off the court. It was no fun at all and it made me sick. Boring as hell.

i know how you feel, i had to play someone like that before also. i just kept on lobbing back until i got a short ball to hit an approach shot on, which he either 1) returns low, 2) lobs it short/long/wide, 3) gives me a perfect overhead.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
assuming yukimura is THAT good (which he probably is), he probably could get winners off of every service return and shot,
That is your opinion. Yukimura hit how many winners against Echizen? Don't be silly.

and the opponent wouldnt get the yips because they wouldnt hit enough shots for yukimura to keep on hitting back.
No, because the yips have nothing to do with a long rally. It is merely just the image of Yukimura returning whatever you give. He was up 4-0 before Echizen got the yips, which was AFTER Yukimura got those "winners."

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I have played several matches lately, three wins VS a friend and one lose VS another friend that I consider as Real Shiraishi.
Victories VS a friend, typical player, power and more strength than control, who sometimes changes to his B Plan, which is total defense. Not too difficult. And my own record of aces in a match, I think

But the main point is the Perfect Tennis - Bible of my other friend. I've played many times VS him, and I have won only once or twice. He plays a real flawless game, and for me it's a nightmare to play VS him. He has no special abilities, but he is very good in all the things of the game: services,returns (although I serve very well,he can keep with them and even get a break), forehand, backhand (bad for me, because my strategy many times is destroying rival's backhand), volleys, and can keep a very long rally without problems. I see no way of winning, even if I serve better than him, because he punish too much all of my mistakes such as unforceds or slow services.
Maybe I just need only an even better serve, or more lucky, who knows.Improving my backhand (my worst shot) maybe could help, too.

Have you played VS a player with no "stats" at 100%, but all of them at 80-85%? How is possible to win? I'm not Fuji, so no expectations of Hoshi Hanabi

Last edited:

Requiem 4 a Dream

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Have you played VS a player with no "stats" at 100%, but all of them at 80-85%? How is possible to win? I'm not Fuji, so no expectations of Hoshi Hanabi
I have faced my share of Shiraishi-like players in U16 competitions. I reckon I am a fairly speedy player and sometimes I will feel like I outpower them even but they will play a flawless game and will wrong foot me or catch me off balance with drop shots. I have lost to said play style 6-0 6-1 barely last year so it's fair to say I couldn't even do an Oshitari Kenya on my opponent's Shiraishi. :facepalm

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It is one of the best because the tweener is a stupid shot that never goes in and i never understand why players try it....and you have to understand that not only did it go in....he angled it..it was a tweener passing shot.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
This just in, I did the Tanhauser serve in RL when I was practicing my serves last night.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This just in, I did the Tanhauser serve in RL when I was practicing my serves last night.
With no Stew-roids? Could you explain me how????

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
With no Stew-roids? Could you explain me how????
I just did a super fast slice serve, I got just the right angle where it was as horizontal as possible and it bounced maybe 2 inches off the first bounce. I was so tempted to yell "TANHOYZA SAV-U!"

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol that sounds like a sight to see...remember though there's no V in Japanese so you have to shout "SA-BU" lmao.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh and also, I can consistently do Sanada's "Ka." Both the 360 and 180 spin. With the 360, I hit the ball so hard it went through the fence.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Today I pulled a Niou in my fencing tournament, and mind raped my opponent.

Helped by the fact that I have to wear a mask in fencing so it's easier to confuse someone, BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT?

I kept changing my rhythm and copying his teammates(and my teammates) both style-wise and habits-wise.

It was really fun. He began misjudging my range. When I "transformed" into a friend with short range, he let me get a lot closer than he did when I was playing as myself. I don't think I achieved Niou levels of mind rape though. He probably did that unconsciously.

But still, it's an insanely good feeling to mind rape people. Too bad it is probably impossible to do that on tennis, unless you are some kind of freak blessed by Loki.