Discussion Power-ups Discussion Thread

Shoutmon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
754
Reaction score
1,483
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Natsu's modern DF looks pretty lame, especially when you compare it the the rest of the first gens.

  • Wendy gets pink hair (shaded in a lighter color in the manga) that raises up like ssj
  • Gajeel's one changes his skintone and has his scales appear more prominently
  • Sting and rogue get black and white patterns covering them
Then we have Natsu, who looks just like his base form, but with small scales that you can only sometimes see (mostly when the manga zooms in on his face or body)

I can't understand why it was downgraded so much from the Tartaros version design-wise. I mean, It's not like he spams the form like Wendy, so why not make add the cool extra details (like the flame horns) during the rare occasion that we do see it?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here's 2 hot CS power-up takes that I just wanted to put out there.

1. Despite it allowing her to beat Kyria, the Aquarius x Gemini stardress didn't overall make Lucy above her level. We don't know how she would ordinarily be able to damage Kyria tiers with the form, but we do know that it allows her to use a super spell (with some setup) that can K.O characters of that tier while completely draining her mp, and that the form only lasts 16 seconds. Any fights she has against Kyria tiers will either be losses (if she can’t land Gottfried in time), or DKO's.

2. It wouldn't be that bad if Yukino was able to use stardresses. The only special one is the Aquarius one (which Lucy can use without the key due to the CSK), but nothing suggests that there's something unique them in general that can prevent Yukino from learning how to use them
 
Last edited:

Garmadooon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2023
Messages
691
Reaction score
1,235
Age
21
Country
France
I think it sucks that Yukino has the stardresses when she hasn't done anything to deserve it. Lucy had her ordeal at Tartaros to get it (+1 year of training) but not Yukino, she doesn't deserve it in my opinion.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,042
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
I think it sucks that Yukino has the stardresses when she hasn't done anything to deserve it. Lucy had her ordeal at Tartaros to get it (+1 year of training) but not Yukino, she doesn't deserve it in my opinion.
I don’t remember Yukino having stardresses
 
Last edited:

Shoutmon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
754
Reaction score
1,483
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
I hope Natsu gets a chance to beat someone using his King Fire power-up, before it gets replaced by something else. That form looks way too cool to just get benched after it's first fight/loss.

I also hope that we see the Dragon Eaters' DF forms, maybe against the Calamity Bloods. Could be a good way to build up hype for the new enemies
 

WoWfan

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
7,017
Reaction score
2,556
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I hope Natsu gets a chance to beat someone using his King Fire power-up, before it gets replaced by something else. That form looks way too cool to just get benched after it's first fight/loss.

I also hope that we see the Dragon Eaters' DF forms, maybe against the Calamity Bloods. Could be a good way to build up hype for the new enemies
Post Training TYBW Ichigo: First Time?
 
Top