Prediction for Next Big Boss | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Prediction for Next Big Boss

Jester_Rogue

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that Luffy should burn the shichibukai a bit faster cause this is moving way too slow, even though One Piecs is the manga with the most going on per chapter it is also the longest (I might actually die before I finish reading it :( )

OP_overlord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah ths arc there has been alotof talking and not so much action (there is alot of action dont get me wrong but way more talking)

and i dont think so luffy and crew are getting pwnd by the generals they havent even fought the admirals and three of them are captured

Jester_Rogue

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wish for them to wrap up this arc before August but that is unlikely

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love this arc... and it's taking some really good twists and turns. It's not as straightforward as the previous arc where there was a set goal in mind ... But that's kindof a good thing.
I hope we get to seem some awsomenesss.... I'm in no hurry to leave ... i mean ..There's alot of potential for fun and fights here... I'd hate to see it get rushed and loose it's potential ... We're in no hurry to get to fishman island. I mean if luffy beats another shinchibukai ... we'll get to see some really scared people ... People have a hard time believing he took down one... two ... there will be no question Monkey D. Luffy is not someone you wanna mess with.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
true true (like when bellmary messes with him big mistake)
i like the arcbut it is just to slow and it doesnt look good for the SH and im kinda tired of it always looking like that and i know oda knows a new move that will help luffy win but i cant see what it is going to be so i dont like it. i m ok with the fights being hard to get to the big boss but there is always another level up but still below the big boos that need to be beaten on this island
random zombies (ones in the mansion)
the three different armies (ghost, wild zombies, zombies)
the commanders of those armies (crazy hog lady)
generals (two swordsman, ... )
the "admirals" (ablosom, perona and the other one)
and prob two or three morelevels above or equal to them
and then gekko

they have there own WG on this huge pirate ship it is a silly amount of enemies that are all invinsable (because they cant die again)

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bet brooke knows alot about the secrets of Thriller bark .. if his shadow is attached to that legendary swordsman like some people think.. He's probably gonna even up the playing field for the strawhats. These zombies ( below general lvl) aren't tough or strong but thier really just hard to deal with.

Serpent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
one Shichibukai after another is kinda pushing it I think we'll get a filler arc (like Skypiea) to consolidate Brookes place as a Strawhat and to give Usopp and Chopper opportunities to get stronger cause Usopp hasn't really had enough chances to show off his ability to the fullest , i mean look at Van Auger and look at Usopp , also Chopper needs to work on his rumble balls especially after the whole monster point incident the bottom line is they need to get stronger to be of more help. Nami could use some improvement too in fighting style cause she has a great weapon

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
Skypeia was not filler ... it was in the manga and had several plot devices that took place during it.
Seriously people stop saying this or that is filler when it's not....

Anyways I bet the next big boss will be smoker .. or another marine. I bet they'll be waiting for the strawhats once they exit thriller bark.

mars0103

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think that it will be some thing out of the blue if we look at the bosses
avada
captain metal jaw (forgot really name)
buggy the clown
smoker
crocadile
lightning boy
foxy
lobby
now ghost ship

If you think that the warlords are govement than it has to be another pritae so I think it will be one of the four king.

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
Reaction score
Country
United States
my big concern about the identity of the next boss is in regards to the strawhats' bounties. they just got their big bounty increase after enies lobby and are now fighting a shichibukai, so if they fight another member of the three powers, it would definately call for another bounty boost, which i think would be too early. just because we now have the three powers named does not imply that they will be the only opponents from now on.

i'm hoping for another arc like skypiea with an exraordinarily strong opponent like Enel who is unknown to the gov't and thus won't count towards bounty. If it takes place in the underwater wonderland of Mermaid Island, we may even get the assistance of the friendly shichibukai, Jimbei that i've been hoping for

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
but if jembei is a nice guy which i too hope for then who is going to be the big boss of this underwater wonderland like you say cause if jembei cant beat him i think it would be harder for luffy to win

@sahugani
i like that secnaro but i think more likey is luffy vs smoker because like you said their bounties will not rise beacuse smoker and crew are not strong enought in the WG eyes if he was a Vice Admiral then they would raise luffys bounty but he is not so the bounties would stay the same (except chopper and other lower bountied crew members) and then the next arc will be merperson island

@mars0103 and the smoker fight will fight into your reasoning as well because altho he is a member of the WG he acts like a pirate (and wanted to be one when he was young i think)

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even if he is a nice guy. As a shinchibukai his responsibility is to capture or kill pirates for the govt.
So I doubt he's going to come across a 300million dollar pirate and his crew with a impressive combined bounty, and be like "Hey would you guy's like to join my tea party?" And even if he is ... as a shinchibukai he CANNOT be trusted.
I emphasis CANNOT.
Think about it even if he had no ill intent would you be comfortable as a pirate being around someone who makes a living as a former pirate now hunting current pirates?

On the other hand it would be cool if he had a strong daughter who wanted to be a pirate.. and it'd be even cooler if she was a ninja... and it'd be even further cooler if she joined up with luffy and crew and then they found out she was daughter or even granddaughter of the shinchibukai.
Ohh .... I get all tingly just thinking about it.

Crenzel

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
remember he is a pirate after all
he can act as if he didn't see anything if he wants

the shichibukai have absolutely no loyalty to the world government the way I see it. They're simply using the WG to take their bounties away so they can do what they want. And in return they turn in other pirates from time to time.

Look at Mihawk talking to Shanks so comfortably. And also Crocodile for undertaking his own schemes. If it's a money issue, Jimbei probably has more than enough anyways so he can just ignore them.

Slippers

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I dont think the strawhats are actually gonna fight Gecko
But I'm guessing the next big boss is either gonna be someone from the marines or another one of the shichubaki.
Also I'm thinking they might meet Dragon or Ace in the next big arc.
But then again I've been thinking that Shanks is gonna appear in the next arc for some time now

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
For some strange reason I can't shake the feeling that after moria they'll wind up fighting Smoker as the next big boss. Then move on to merman island.

Phenomenol

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jinbei will possibly be the next opponent, but before "Fishman Island." I am looking forward to finishing the clash between Whitebeard and Red-Hair and seeing everyone's reactions from the Blackbeard and Ace duel.

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont think the strawhats are actually gonna fight Gecko
But I'm guessing the next big boss is either gonna be someone from the marines or another one of the shichubaki.
Also I'm thinking they might meet Dragon or Ace in the next big arc.
But then again I've been thinking that Shanks is gonna appear in the next arc for some time now
Neither Dragon, Ace or Shanks will be seen again b4 the Mugiwara arrive in the New World.

Mayyyybe Ace, at the Pirates summit...if thats right b4 the NW but if not then what I said b4 stands.

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Neither Dragon, Ace or Shanks will be seen again b4 the Mugiwara arrive in the New World.

Mayyyybe Ace, at the Pirates summit...if thats right b4 the NW but if not then what I said b4 stands.
uum.... you do know the pirates summit doesn't exist... right..
it was just a mistranslation....
meaning see you at the top :noworry

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well I don't know who'll be the next big boss, but I presume there will be some villain in merman island. Maybe they'll come across BB again, but again both will be seperated

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Seems like Jimbei to me. After that I think it'll be Smoker's crew.