I never realized this topic here, it'as great that i found it, thanks Imperium for opening such topic , I'm really impressed with all the opinions here eventhough i couldn't address them all right now.
I don't know where to start, I'd like to talk about what happened and wht's expected to happen specially in Egypt but since the talk is mainly now about Libya's state I'll try to address that first, and I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about the situation(If I know the answer

)
So how can we describe best the situation in Libya now....
Though it appears that Libya is divided a lot and what's going now is civil war people have first to realize the nature of Gadhaffi....
benelori said:
What the hell was that statement about peace is returning to the country and the people are happy...either it was super troll mode, ignorance, or maybe message to other countries where the coverage of what happened there was censored...I can't really tell
basically people can never understand a man like Gadhaffi because they probably have never followed him before, basically saying Gadhaffi is troll is not farfetched at all, I call hime insane a typical model for a man corrupted by power , he makes his own truth and live in it, and while this is normal for most dictator rulers , Gadhaffi is a special case because he reached a level that made him the joke of anyone watching him in the arab world , i don't know if you read before about him saying that he cannot resign or step down because he is not a president or a king he is just a revolutionary leader and revolutionary leaders stay so forever
Gaddaffi during 40 years has successfully removed the idea of state from his country , he divide his people into tribes , weakened any civil force that could compete with him , he even weakened the government, few years ago he actually removed the authority of the government from crucial sectors like education and sanitation with the excuse that goverment failed in this sectors so he gave it back to people to da as they please with it.
So basically even if libyans succeeded in their revolution they will have a very tough job to build a country from a point below zero.
But what i was aiming at explaining is that Gaddaffi i spractically insane and will do anything to keep his rule over Libya , he used mercenaries against his own people and now is using the forces under his hand to put the country in a state of a civil war but i believe (and i may be wrong) that once Gaddaffi and his family is out this war will stop , the case is different in Yemen because it has witnesses civil war before and has many divided people and Qaeda has a great influence there , also bahrain where the revolution could ignite a shiite/sunni conflict that could affect the whole gulf countries.
koen said:
I really think that some are too enthusiastic and too optimistic at the same time.
Will on the contrary I'm ver optimistic , and while you address a very legitimate concern that we all share there's part of the equation you're not seeing here, people have spoken at last, for a long time i had lost hope in people objecting to the corruption , oppression and injustice we lived in but what happened in the Tunisian and Egyptian revolution was a surprise to all of us befaore it surprised the world. It's really a ,iracle that people were still alive after all of this , even the regime thought they will did and will never revolt( they openly said that before) and that's why the revolution was a success , sure there are still problems , sure there are fears that members of the former regime or same fanatic group could take over the authority (using democracy to destroy democracy) but this fears should guide us to the right path even if it's unclear right now, and there's is a lot of hope that people will not forfeit their acquired rights. It just will take a lot of time and work so we need patience.
I hope i cleared things up and didn't make any confusion.