Info - Quality Naruto Fics Recomendations / Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Quality Naruto Fics Recomendations / Discussion

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do not see another thread about this so I was wondering if anyone would like to share some of their favorite fanfics about the Naruto series? I can get it started with a few of my picks, but be warned most of them are Sasuke centric since he is one of my favorite characters. :amuse

Here they are with a brief description:

The Uchiha Massacre (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2190572/1/) by Itonami - This is a story that is set sometime after Sasuke leaves the village and Naruto and company are tasked with eliminating both him and his brother Itachi. I do not want to give too much away of the story but it is complete and the pairing is Sasuke / Sakura by the end of it.

Underneath the Underneath (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1875136/1/) by Shivvlan - This is actually the scond part of a series but can be read as a stand alone. If you check the authors page the other fic, Skinless is also there and is another one that I would suggest. Basically this story continues the friendship of Sasuke and Naruto and deals with the Chunnin exams and some of the realizations about the Kyubi that are revealed to Naruto. WARNING: This fic starts out as a close friendship but then it gradually progresses into something more, but nothing ever too graphic. Skinless is more just them as friends but this part of the series takes it further. Pairings: Sasuke / Naruto. Both chapters are also complete.

Beyond Hearts and Minds (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2170115/1/) by XyoushaX - This also the second part of a series but I think that personally it is my favorite of the two. The story is set in the future and is definatly AU. The plot line is very complicated and is still ongoing. It centers around Hinata and how she is contacted by these spirits and asked to help them rid the world of demons that are appearing. Of course Sasuke and Saukra get involved and it seems that Sakura is doing something very important behind the scenes but it still has not been revealed what her motives are. Various pairings that include Naruto / Hinata and Sasuke / Sakura.

Hana Ni Arashi (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2430114/1/) by Raina1 - This is an amazing piece of work. It is set in the future where Sasuke has been on the run for 12 years and is told from the viewpoint of his daughter. Now I know that most original characters are horrible, but this author has really done an amazing job bringing Sasuke's daughter to life. Maybe it helps that she is a published author in real life. Either way it is a great read and it is still ongoing. A must read!

(Sorry if some of the summaries are not-so-good. I may go back and edit them later)

So anyways there are a few of my favorites. I know that there are a lot more that I have read and really enjoyed but those are my top ones. All of them are muti chaptered and rather epic, but I feel that is the only way to really be able to tell a story and do it right is to take the time necessary to write all the details. I hope that some of you take the time to read them and enjoy.

If anyone else has some suggestions please post them!

:whoo

Rampages

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Quality Naruto Fanfiction

Great post!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Awesome, Tamerlane; thanks so much :)

Shouldn't be long before we have a section dedicated to fanfiction and reviews. ^_^

UzumakiRoman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

read the first 2 chapters from the 1st link and i'm already intrigued!! Great post!!!![br]Posted at: March 18, 2006, 08:36:39 PM_________________________________________________ok i'm up to chapter 15 and i have to say hands down this is an AWESOME story!!!
this would make an excellent OVA series!!
a billion times better than the filler crap they keep stuffing into the anime!!!!!!
if it's not a part of the storyline then they could do it as a alternate timeline or a "what if" story!!!!

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

I am so happy that you liked it so much! It is one of my favorites too! I wish that the guy that wrote it would do more pairings like that.

I wonder if he would respond well to a PM asking him to write more like that. >_>

Rampages

Reaction score
Country
Canada

The first one was outstanding, I really hope Kishi makes a part 3 when they are all 18-19!!!

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

I recently found another fic that was pretty good.

Little Piece of Heaven http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2781500/1/ by Leanne Ashley - This one is also set more into the future after Sasuke has finally returned to Konoha. As he stuggles to adjust to a 'normal' life he comes the sudden realization that he does indeed have feelings for Sakura. The catch is that that she has moved on and now sees him more as a friend. It is still ongoing but it should be fun to see where it ends up. ;)

:amuse

abdulahi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

great post tamerlane

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Fanfic & reviews forum created in the Mangaverse section, I'm moving this over there now :)

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

Here is a great place to visit if you want something good to read concerning Naruto:

http://www.narutofic.net/awards_index.html

This is the Naruto Fanfiction Awards and if you search around in their archives they have some really great works collected from around the net.

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

THANKS, Tammy! :hug Recs are always appreciated - especially recs like these!

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

I am happy that you liked them so much. I am planning on going thru and seeing if I can find some more good fics this weekend maybe if I have the time. I know that almost all of my recomendations are more Sasuke orientated, I want to see if I can find somemore that focus on Naruto more. :amuse

Card

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I just read up to chapter 13 of Little Piece of Heaven and it's great! Thank you so much for posting this. I look forward to reading some of the other stories.

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yay! I just found another fic that I thought you guys might be interested in.

Path of No Regrets (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2807613/1/) by Spectrum - This story picks up right after the battle between Naruto and Sasuke and goes slightly AU from there. The main focus is the idea that Sasuke never actually left to find Oro. He in fact passes out and it is there that Kakashi finds them both. The story then continues on detailing how Sasuke and Naruto now have to learn to work together again. There are currently no pairings and this is still ongoing. According to the author it will be continued in three seperate stories and she is currently just finishing up the first one. The thing that I loved about this story was the excellent way that everyone was kept in character, particulary Kakashi who she did an excellent job with. Anyways it is a good read and although it seems a bit slow at first it shows a lot of promise for later.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Haha, Spectrum is a good friend of mine from NF. Good ol' Julie. She was actually the one who initially recommended me as a moderator at NarutoForums =D

Didn't know she wrote fanfiction though, will have to check it out.

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

:smile-big

[start fangirl moment]
That is so funny that you know her. Well if you ever talk to her again soon please tell her that she is a great writer and I will be leaving some reviews for her here soon. I put that one in my favorites list and I am already anxiously awaiting the rest of the series.
[/end fangirl moment]

It is always so great to find a good fanfiction when you are least expecting it.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I will. But she mysteriously disappeared in February. Not sure what's going on with her these days. I miss her though.

EDIT: Well, judging by the updates at that fanfiction, I guess she must be doing OK. I suppose she just got tired of forums.

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

I agree, that was really good. It really got my attention and I also liked how you handled the fight scenes. I really had no idea if Itachi or Kakashi was going to win that one. :s

Very nice. :amuse