Queenie... is probably going TO BE FREAKING AWESOME FOR EVER!!!111 | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Queenie... is probably going TO BE FREAKING AWESOME FOR EVER!!!111

How awesome are muffins?

• So awesome my eyes will explode if I do not consume one right now!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • OM NOM NOM NOM AWESOME.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Muffins? What are muffins?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They suck. (Please don't send your muffiny minons after me....)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phixion

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Re: The Muffin-thread! :3

Hai hai Queenie :)

Vegi

Reaction score
Country
Poland

First Polish man writing here! Yeah!
I just wanted to say that Emily is a real Queen (not only for muffins). I owe her ^-^ Wonderful woman indeed.
And... Don't consider this post as SPAM, please so:
- I am a vegetarian too! Yay \o/ for us.
- I don't think Naruto is that good as well. Yay \o/ for me.
- I love muffins! Do you have any? *.*
- I love Australia!!! I wanna know everything about it!
- Queenofmuffins and Lingwe are my favourite translators! Yay \o/ for them!
- Is Psyren good? I wanted to read it, but I don't really like group that translates it in Poland... I'd read it in English anyway, but... you know o.O So... Is it that great?

Yay \o/ for Emily!

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Mushishi is indeed a terrific manga and sadly unappreciated online. You have great taste in manga. Thanks for translating! Though, it is to late for me as I have already bought the first six volumes. Also, thanks for your translations of Psyren!

On the subject of pie I personally have not ever heard of a melon or grape pie, both seem like good ideas though. Watermelon pie sounds intriguing. Cherry, apple, boysenberry, blueberry, pumpkin, peach are the standards in the states that come to mind.
Welcome to my thread! \o/
I'm glad you read Mushishi. It's got to be one of the best mangas I have ever read, yet sadly isn't as popular as some of the generic shounen's like Naruto... T_T
C'mooon, people. SPREAD THE MUSHISHI LUUUURVEE! <3

It's hard to translate (You have *no* idea how formal the language is! XD) but so worth it. I really hope I get to volume 8 before Del Ray releases it in English in America. ;)

See, I just can't comprehend the idea of your 'pie'. I've had American friends show me pictures of Peanut Butter Pie and stuff like that (*wipes up puddles of drool*) but to me, that 'pie' is more like...cheesecake. There's no puff pastry in your pie! :O
It'll never be pie to me. Pie is a meal, not a dessert! :D

That said, it won't be stopping me from getting myself a massive slice when I (eventually) work my way to America. :3

So far for travelling, I have Malaysia next month planned to visit a friend, Japan for 3 months (Feb 20th - May 20th 2010) and then from June 10th - August 24th... *takes deep breath* ...

Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur to Singapore to Kuala Lumpur to Phuket to Bankok to Hanoi to KualuLumpurtoPhenomPhentoKualaLumpurtoBalitoKualaLumpurtoMELBOURNE! *dies*

I took major advantage of a cheap airline's *free seats on selected flights sale* (had to pay taxes though >.>). Overall those flights cost me about $350, and that's because I had to pay $280 to fly return from Melb - Kulua Lumpur in the beginning. XD

Hai hai Queenie :)
O rly? ;3

Well I live pretty close to Washington DC...So if you were to stop by there, I could even meet you in person or something. :-P California's pretty exciting, plus you can see where Hollywood vomits up their movie abortions for the whole world. To be honest though, I rarely venture out my state :-P I hope to get to Japan and or Europe one of these days though.....I've got friends in London, and of course Japan is mecca for manga and anime fans.
I'd get to meet the real Bomber D. Rufi? *Squees and rushes off to add Washington to her massive traveling list*
I'm sure it'd be fun to hang out in America but I'd probably bore you ears off talking about random crap you'd find normal and boring and I'd find interesting... ;)
(Just don't mention Crocodile Hunter/Steve Irwin to me and you'll escape with your life. >:3)

I'm not sure where I'd go if I went to America, but I think I'd steer clear of the whole "Las Vegas/ Miami" scene. I don't think it'd suit me very much. XD
Hollywood would be awesome, but I wouldn't want to live there! If you guys ever do something like Mardi Gra, I'd probably go to that. I reckon it'd be really fun. ^^

First Polish man writing here! Yeah!
I just wanted to say that Emily is a real Queen (not only for muffins). I owe her ^-^ Wonderful woman indeed.
And... Don't consider this post as SPAM, please so:
- I am a vegetarian too! Yay \o/ for us.
- I don't think Naruto is that good as well. Yay \o/ for me.
- I love muffins! Do you have any? *.*
- I love Australia!!! I wanna know everything about it!
- Queenofmuffins and Lingwe are my favourite translators! Yay \o/ for them!
- Is Psyren good? I wanted to read it, but I don't really like group that translates it in Poland... I'd read it in English anyway, but... you know o.O So... Is it that great?

Yay \o/ for Emily!
Welcome Vegi!~
Thanks for your lovely message. ^^
No, I don't have any muffins at the moment, but I did just bake a butter cream cake. It isn't iced yet so it isn't ready to eat. XD
You wanna know everything about Australia? *blinks*

Uhm... In England a loooong long time ago everyone was very cold and poor, so they committed crimes and got sent to Australia. When they discovered they had left diseased, plague-ridden England for basically Bondi Beach, they texted all their families back home (What? They had phones back then!) and told them to "steal everything they could 'cause they got some parrrr-taaay goin' down!"

Theeeeeeeen... skip ahead a hundred years or so....

Now Australia is land of beaches, Vegemite (which I REFUSE to call I.Snack 2.0 or whatever stupid thing they named it >.<) and despite what gets portrayed on American TV:
1) No, we don't ride Kangaroo's around for they are dangerous and will kick your ass.
2) We don't speak like people seem to think we do. O_O
We don't say "strewth!" "crikey!" "bush tucker!" or other incredibly outdated stuff. XD
aaaaaaaand 3) our food!

Lamingtons:

Pavlova:

ANZAC Biscuits:

*ahem*
And that concludes Emily's Australian-History-in-1-minute speech. :D

And finally- yeah, I think Psyren is pretty good. ^^
I didn't actually follow it before I started translating it, only read it every now and again... but I've started to really like it. :3

Last edited:

Vegi

Reaction score
Country
Poland

Hello again!
I'm not a fan of making personal conversations on forum, but I just can't stop myself from responsing *-* YOU'RE ABLE TO BAKE?! It's not very common in these times... I think I love you now <3 <cake zombie>

That's some nice history O.o Were you telling truth?! xD It seems like some WB production. I LIKE IT!
1) You don't? :< Buu!
2) I didn't even know about it xD
3) I am hungry now and it's your fault! >...> Gimme your cake! <cake zombie> This pictures look so delicious :<
Thanks for this shortcut xD Now I can call myself a true "know everything about Australia" man. <pride>

Psyren... I'll read it eventually! With your translations of course!

That's all? Hmm :<
Bye, my Love <cake zombie>

PS. Three <cake zombies> in one message! Unbelievable! X.x

Tathagata

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hiya Queen!

<3 Mushishi, so good!

I'd like to thank ya for yer hard work, I do appreciate it very much!

Do you prefer working on series that are more "popular," or would you rather work on more random series or lesser known ones?

Thanks again!

--Tath

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hiya Queen!

<3 Mushishi, so good!

I'd like to thank ya for yer hard work, I do appreciate it very much!

Do you prefer working on series that are more "popular," or would you rather work on more random series or lesser known ones?

Thanks again!

--Tath
Hey Tathagata~~

I appreciate all your work checking my Psyren trans. ^^
(Binktopia should hire you as a proofreader!:3)
My last translation of Psyren was kinda bad, as I got gastro that night after staying up till about 4am translating it... I still don't feel like translating or doing anything for the next couple of days... ;_;

I generally work on what I like & what I'm requested to do, rather than how popular something is... That said, I wouldn't want to work on a popular series that already has a translator, like bleach or Naruto. (3 or 4 translators for 1 series is just overkill. >.<)

It's kinda a tie. :tem
For something like Mushishi, even though not many people read it I love giving attention to something that I feel deserves it. <3
Yet, for Psyren, I really like the fact that 1,000 or so people actually take time out to look at my translations! \o/
It's an amazing feeling. ^^

Last edited:

JoannaDesu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hallo 8)
Thank you for the great translations 8)
I was wondering if you we're still translating Ao No Exorcist :5s-hugs
lots of love for the translators/Manga Editors :yourock

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hallo 8)
Thank you for the great translations 8)
I was wondering if you we're still translating Ao No Exorcist :5s-hugs
lots of love for the translators/Manga Editors :yourock
Hey there! Thanks for the nice comment. :3

About ANE- Yeah, I'm still doing it. \o/
Nearly done with Chapter 7- I just have a couple of lines I need to get checked. ^^
(To be honest though, I wouldn't complain if Cnet picked it back up. XD
ANE has a lot of demonology & Kansai-ben, and I suck at both of those. ;))

Hopefully, it should be done in the next few days~~

Tathagata

Reaction score
Country
United States

D'aw! They couldn't use a noob like me, haha! Yer translations are good, hardly anything to correct!

If you ever want anything proofed, lemme know. I'm not the best, but I don't mind helping out!

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hey Queenofmuffins!!! Hope your doing well!

I have a *classic* question that I just have to ask:

Do you know the Muffin Man?? :XD

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hey Queenofmuffins!!! Hope your doing well!

I have a *classic* question that I just have to ask:

Do you know the Muffin Man?? :XD
No, I don't. And I would reward you handsomely if you told me where he was, for that bastard is responsible for the slaughter of thousands of innocent muffins... *shakes fist*

Arhazivory

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica

Oi! Where's my Mushishi?!

/me squashes all the muffins in Queen's house?

/me just wanted to ask another question. XD

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

hahahahahaha LOOOL :XD :XD I thought you could tell me where I could find him :p.

Random questions...

Whats your favourite Shrek movie?
Who's your favourite Simpsons character?
Do you like popcorn? sweet or salted?

progste

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Hi queen!
I just came here to say hello and to ask how is it going with "b. ihchi".
I know the first chapter is really long so when you finish the first half you could start posting it, is it ok?

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hi queen!
I just came here to say hello and to ask how is it going with "b. ihchi".
I know the first chapter is really long so when you finish the first half you could start posting it, is it ok?
Okay, progste, if you don't mind only some of it being done, here you go:

http://mangahelpers.com/t/queenofmuffins/releases/18248

Since the first chapter is 80 pages long (=_=") it's going to take me awhile to do, but I've already done the first 26 pages. Enjoy! ^^

Oi! Where's my Mushishi?!

/me squashes all the muffins in Queen's house?

/me just wanted to ask another question. XD
:O

/me runs away from the scary Mushishi-deprived Ivory! (But is enjoying Ivory visiting her thread. XD)

Gomen, Anue! T_T

Mushishi is on my list... granted, not at the top, but getting close! <3
I don't have any shifts tomorrow, so I'll work on the last chapter of volume 7 just for you! ^^

Theeeeen... we can start volume 8! Huzzah! *throws streamers in the air*

hahahahahaha LOOOL :XD :XD I thought you could tell me where I could find him :p.

Random questions...

Whats your favourite Shrek movie?
Who's your favourite Simpsons character?
Do you like popcorn? sweet or salted?
YAY! QUESTIONS!!! :D

Uhm~~
  • #2 would have to be my favourite Shrek movie. Number 1 was quite good and I enjoyed it immensely, but I really loved the characters portrayed by John Cleese & Antonio Banderas. I <3 the evil fairy godmother too. :3
  • Ralph Wiggum. <3 "And that's where I saw the Leprechaun. He tells me to burn things!"
  • Salty popcorn ftw! I just love salty things, especially dutch licorice.

Any more questions? (^_^)

D'aw! They couldn't use a noob like me, haha! Yer translations are good, hardly anything to correct!

If you ever want anything proofed, lemme know. I'm not the best, but I don't mind helping out!
Hey~ you're not n00bish~ :D
You seem to have a knack at finding any grammatical errors I make that most people pass over. :tem

If you ever see any mistakes in my trans, don't hesitate to point them out! I appreciate all the help I can get! :p

Hello again!
I'm not a fan of making personal conversations on forum, but I just can't stop myself from responsing *-* YOU'RE ABLE TO BAKE?! It's not very common in these times... I think I love you now <3 <cake zombie>

That's some nice history O.o Were you telling truth?! xD It seems like some WB production. I LIKE IT!
1) You don't? :< Buu!
2) I didn't even know about it xD
3) I am hungry now and it's your fault! >...> Gimme your cake! <cake zombie> This pictures look so delicious :<
Thanks for this shortcut xD Now I can call myself a true "know everything about Australia" man. <pride>

Psyren... I'll read it eventually! With your translations of course!

That's all? Hmm :<
Bye, my Love <cake zombie>

PS. Three <cake zombies> in one message! Unbelievable! X.x
Welcome back! *noms the cake zombies*

Yeah, I love cooking, that's why I made my name "Queenofmuffins". (That and muffins are awesome and delicious. ;3)
To me, not only is baking a great stress reliever, but you also get to eat stuff. (It's a win-win situation! :D)

Weeelll... I sorta told the truth...? ;)
(I think my history's more interesting than the real one.)

But we seriously don't ride on Koala's and Kangaroo's, I'm sorry to disappoint you. XD

Have you started to read Psyren yet? ^^

Last edited:

madsin92

Reaction score
Country
India

ummm....are you taking requests? =3

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hey Q'Muffs! :p

So whats your favourite type of muffin? :amuse
Do like cheesecakes? :nuts

progste

Reaction score
Country
Italy

hey Queen!
merry muffin-christmas =D

lunacat

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Ohayo gozaimasu

Hi Emily, cute story...i love japanese too and i wish i could learn it, i think it's easier when you do that at school, however i tried learning few words:D, thank you for your great work at translating manga series, wish you all the best^^
luna​

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Oooh, try them, try them, try them!!! Rhubarb pie is awesome! And so is Strawberry pie. Yes, STRAWBERRY PIE <3333333333333333333333333333333333

Or apple pie with vanilla sauce :D

Grape pie? Hmm.. I don't know, not that I know of. But you can make pie out of anything, so I'm sure that google beholds the answer for thee!

Thanks for all the manga tips, I'll look into them! I've actually tried to find Mushishi but haven't had any success so far. Or, well, I can find some chapters on OM but it's released irregularly so I don't want to catch up and then wait for weeks or months until next chapter.

When I started to read manga I read these silly shounen lovcoms like Hatsukoi Limited, Love Hina, Love&Collage, Ichigo 100% etc. And I have to admit that I was a Narutard. But to my defense, I started Naruto and caught up when Sasuke left Konoha, so it was a while ago, when it was a good read.

Now i'm reading mostly seinens, like Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Vagabond, Sidooh etc. But I've also read tons of shounens, and a bunch of Shoujos, like Vamp. Knight, Skip Beat, 7th Period is a Secret etc.

I have a very, very outdated readinglist here but I always forget to add mangas I've read or are currently reading, so there's like 50ish mangas that I have read which aren't on the list, and another 50 one-shots.

But you can say I read everything from Vagabond, to Skip Beat, to K-On!

edit: Oh, and I almost forgot, Happy (belated) Christmas \o/ :vbunny