Discussion - Questions Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Questions Thread

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Well, this is necessary for the all Academy section.
After all, there must be a place to ask something or for the experts to announce important things. ;)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Nothing yet. For now, just stand by for the first infos.

Brede

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
pred: is it open to everyone...regardless of their skills or lack thereof? its a very good idea and i for one am interested but I have zilch cleaning/Editing experience/know-how. i don't even know what programmes to use... :smile-big

so, will the 'classes' be divided into levels - e.g. beginners, intermediate, advance? For someone like me...i would need like a pre-beginner course first (read: very very easy and basic step by steps)

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Yup :D

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fnuckale will you tell us how you do you incredible LQ->MQ raws of naruto xD? Because I always try to get to your results but well never reach them :( *needs your secret recipe* ^^

Thats something I would really like to learn to improve my Edited Mangas without waiting for the MQ from you xD because mostly I am done with my Edited Manga and you release your awesome MQ >.<

Predator

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Well, I'm sure Fnuck will show, how to get incredible results in cleans and Edited Mangas out of low quality RAWs, but I'm not sure about the "secret recipe". We made a deal that not all the secrets will be revealed. He'll keep some to himself. :kukuku

"A good teacher never teaches all. He lets the student to learn the final lesson himself and thus, find his way."

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Actually I had something else in mind, I think it will be a lot more interesting if I teach you guys how to make your own "special recipes" (that might turn out even better than mine :)).

Even better. XD - P

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fnuckale said:
Actually I had something else in mind, I think it will be a lot more interesting if I teach you guys how to make your own "special recipes" (that might turn out even better than mine :)).

Even better. XD - P
That would be so awesome...I cant wait for it. Currently I take photoshop lessons but I they focus more on editing other stuff still I hope I can adapt a few things for manga cleaning =)

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Israel
You definitely will. Basic photoshop knowledge is very important if you want to be able to edit manga.

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
One thing I would like to suggest even I think there will be a guide or something like that for it is a guide for shortcuts/actions. Because they save so much time is unbelievable also they speed up your working speed enormously. I can remember the bloody times without using them and it was so much work to edit simple things just because of going into the menus the whole time.

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Yeah, I already had that in mind actually.
How do you think I finish these LQ raws so quickly? ;)

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fnuckale said:
Yeah, I already had that in mind actually.
How do you think I finish these LQ raws so quickly? ;)
At least that secret I discovered already on my own :P

Ruddy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
which programm do you use to edit the pages?

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I use Photoshop CS2.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wanna fuckin know how you manage to do the raw cleaning so fast.

One question that i do want to know, (pretty rhetorical actually)why are there a million Manga Editors for naruto?i regularly see, arguably, better series neglected but naruto is always full of LQ scans. I guess it is annoying more than anything...

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
NeoShweaty said:
I wanna fuckin know how you manage to do the raw cleaning so fast.

One question that i do want to know, (pretty rhetorical actually)why are there a million Manga Editors for naruto?i regularly see, arguably, better series neglected but naruto is always full of LQ scans. I guess it is annoying more than anything...
1. I guess with presaved actions ?

2. Because we all like Naruto so much ;)

Okay now the main reasom for my post here.

Today I looked into a few tutorials and several videos but its hard to find 100% useful stuff...also there are millions of tutorials and its hard to find really good ones. So I would like that our artist give us some nice tutorial recommendations. I mean they know whats needed and what kind of knowledge we really need. Maybe they know some "100% you should know basic" tutorials. I know that no tutorials will ever teach is everything but still it would be nice to have a list of "the 10 tutorials everyone should have read about cleaning/coloring(thats what I really want to know)/whatever". Hope someone can help or would think about a idea like this.

xallisto

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shinwei's cleaners compendium its a must read for any newbie or intermediate cleaner.

theres a link in my sig.

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
erm...i tried...and erm...i still have trouble following the steps. i belong to the pre-newbie group or the 'absolutely clueless' about cleaning clan. what i need is a step by step guide from downloading raw (ok i know how to do that at least), open the page i need, selecting the part to clean...etc...*i can hear ppl smacking their head against the wall*...think of it as 'Cleaning for Idiots' :redface

Predator

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
You'll learn it in due time, when the Academy starts to work. :tem
For now just check the tutorails and have fun.

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Israel
You might wanna learn the basics of photoshop first, might save you a lot of trouble.

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i have arcsoft photo studio and i'm trying out Miso's sig tutorial at the mo. is 'photostudio' very different from photoshop?