Raftel Discussion Thread

the Rewards at Raftel...

• TREASURE

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • the truth...the RIO PONEGLYPH

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • a message from GOL D. ROGER (on important details e.g. the WILL of D.)

• NOTHING(the adventure of getting there was the 'treasure')

• WEAPONS (e.g. like Pluton)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (any thoughts - please reply)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sushi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
ya know if roger was caught after getting off raftel then why shanks n buggy is not caght either??? so maybe they weren't on the ship when roger was getting to raftel

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
how do you make an eternal pose cause the sh should stock them up and how do you get out of the grand line since they kep makeing you go towards raftel

and i think that roger disbanded his crew right before hewas caught

sushi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
that means that buggy knows where one piece is?

ax999

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
sushi said:
that means that buggy knows where one piece is?
even if he does, he and his crew wouldnt even survive an hour in the grand line

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ax999 said:
even if he does, he and his crew wouldnt even survive an hour in the grand line
they are in the grand line already.... remember when ace came onboard their ship and they freaked out
about him being on WBs crew? and then buggy told his crew to never attack any of the WB pirates cause he once met the man...

raftel. what do we as readers know about that island?
1. its at the end of the grand line.
2. the only man that has been stated to be there is Gol D. Roger
3. its the place where One Piece is located
4. according to robin the Rio Poneglyph should also be there
and thats it. or did i miss anything?

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
well we are not sure that OP is on raftle but that is were it is supposedly

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
OP_overlord said:
well we are not sure that OP is on raftle but that is were it is supposedly
dude we're sure.

if its not at the end of grand line, the only place he was strong enough to go to
then the entire setup has been a lie and Oda is not that kind of author.
all things point to this. "That" place MUST refer to Raftel. what could it be if not that,
Rogers living room?

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
yes - i hid all my treasure in my bathroom tho but living room is ok too i guess

no i agree i think that one piece is at raftel but there is no exact line that roger said that tells us that OP is in raftel

Oda does not lie he just neglects from tell all teh truth at one time but OP is at raftel in my opinion

sushi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
he just wants to make a surprise

neild

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
if anybody here watch tv series hit-LOST, maybe u can relate to what i say. raftel is just like an island in the LOST.it's 'invicible' from the outside world because of some magnetic field blocking it or hiding the outside appearance whatever.but so far we dont know yet if in the one piece world,they have radar technology sort of to discover the position of the island.we do know that there is map and lock post.but what if no map exists pointing toward raftel. or maybe only 1 lock post in the world showing where raftel is.that is why no one is sure about raftel's position.its a myth,an urban legend that is passed from time to time.and for those who believe in it,they'll get it there.

Zechs

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
For those who've said that they don't see Raftel and the island mentioned in the Void Century as being one in the same I would like to see what brought you to that conclusion. I say this because I do in fact think that they are one in the same and that everything indeed points toward that fact.

According to the scenes during Robin's childhood of Professor Clover's conversation with the WG he talks of the island being a sort of Atlantis that whose culture and technology were extremely advanced(they created Pluton and Leviathan). We can see this by the image of the island (I wish I had a screen-shot) with what looks like modern skyscrapers dotting the city. Some say that this could never be the island because it was "destroyed" by the WG when they were at war during/before the void century. Well, even though Uhara was "destroyed" the island itself surely still exists. What was destroyed was the island's people and it's spirit. The same was probably true for the ancient island spoken of in the Poneglyphs and mentioned by Clover. It still exists, but it's population and spirit were destroyed. This also coincides with the fact that the Rio Poneyglyph is supposedly on Raftel. Wouldn't the most important of the Poneglyphs be located closest to where it was created?

This also works from a plot perspective. The world of One Piece is essentiall Pre-Modern 18th technology with some remnants of technology that seems to stem from a culture far superior to that. Maybe one which even had the power of air travel. Something completely unknown in OP except through the use of animals(pelican mail). natural phenomena(the upstream), and Enel's Ark

The ultimate treasure(OP) maybe something that would bring the world of OP out of the era of sea travel and into the another stage of civilization which the ancient island may have reached or have been close to before its destruction.

Well, these are just random thoughts, but back to the point of Raftel = Void Century Island.

There just doesn't seem room for these to be separate mysteries. I feel the entire plot of OP is centered around the Void century and it's mysteries. This is why since Robin's introduction to the crew she has been the focal point of the plot. The fact that there just happened to be a Poneglyph in Skypiea wasn't a side story, it was the POINT of the story. The Shandia's entire culture was based on protecting it. Likewise, it seems the WG's entire reason for existing(as a plot device) is to prevent the discovery of both One Piece/Raftel and the mysteries of the Void Century. Therefore, I think they must be one in the same. Also, why would Oda have been so vauge in Professor Clover's description of the island to not have given it a name if he didn't want us to know yet that it was indeed Raftel and the ultimate destination of the SHs?

Oda is always giving us pieces to the ultimate mystery and I doubt that Raftel 's story is just going to just be pulled out of no where. The pieces are all in place at this point, all that's left is how they come together and assure you the Void Century island will be alluded to more and more as the story progresses.

Last edited:

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah, the Void Century is what makes the WG so evil. Obviously, what they did to have their creation, their control, and eliminate a kingdom was so horrible, that they had to erase it and just tell people that they've always been there.

DutchPhoenix

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Raftel

Luffy wants to go there becouse of one piece
Robin wants to get to the end of the grand line for some history answer (raftel)
Nami wants to go everywhere to draw a map of the world (including raftel)

are there more reasons for the crew to go there?

sample

Mihawk is on/near raftel
all blue is raftel's sea
some super medicin tree's there??

discuss. :eyeroll

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Raftel

No. Well, All Blue may be near Raftel, that would make sense, since Raftel is a mystical sort of place, where all the weirdest and most wondrous stuff in the Grand Line probably is. But other then for Luffy, Nami, Robin, and Franky (you forgot him, DutchPhoenix, for his dream to be fulfilled, the Thousand Sunny must become a ship that could sail to the end of the Grand Line. In other words, a ship that could reach Raftel.) there's no reason for the rest to go. A medicine tree being there? I doubt it, I doubt there would just be some plant that could cure anything. Except for band-aids, of course. And Chopper's dream is for him to be able to cure anything, not to find some medicine that would do it for him. And Mihawk isn't on Raftel, he'd be the Pirate King if he were, and he's not, because Luffy will be the next one to reach Raftel. Mihawk probably isn't near it either. When we last saw him, he was on Mariejois. Mihawk can be wherever he wants to be, there's no reason for him to stay in one place. Ussop can prove his bravery in other ways and in other places, so there's no need for him to go to Raftel to fulfill his dream. If Brook joins, then he won't care, he needs to get to Reverse Mountain to get to Laboon, not Raftel.

Freakzin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

i think there's a thread about Raftel alraedy existant

DutchPhoenix

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Luffy wants to go there becouse of one piece

Robin wants to get to the end of the grand line for some history answer (raftel)

Nami wants to go everywhere to draw a map of the world (including raftel)

franky to complete his dreamship ( is to reach raftel)

usupp, to be a brave warrior of the sea (all sea's including raftels one?)

Zoro ,will meet up Mihawk for their rematch , close to raftel or on raftel perhaps?
since mihawk can go where he pleases, '(just predictions)

chopper ,someone gets a illness on raftel and no one was ever able to heal it, and chopper finds a cure?

Brook - so he finishes his journey so he can go back to get laboon?

and what do you guys think there is on raftel

what excactly is one piece (gold, a journey logbook, some spirited richdom , the truth about the old history?)

hollowfied

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Zoro will probably beat Mihawk near Raftel, then complete the journey with the Strawhats due to their nakama-ship.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
About what exactly is one piece there's a whole thread about it somewhere here in the tree of knowledge.
Here, even took the time to find it: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10542
If you wan't you can revive this thread.. :p It's not any less legitimate than it was before.. :D
(Btw, Luckas, or any other mod.. At the Tree of Knowledge index, most of the links are dead.. :( )

On Topic: I don't think that the mihawk-zoro battle will be near raftle. I think it will happen before, with zoro winning of course. I think that near raftel, the SHs will either fight part of the strongest pirates of the world (the yonkos - WB, Shanks crew?), or the elites of the WG-marines, and then they'll be able to somehow reach Raftel and luffy will be given the title - pirate king.

Astral_Shive

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Last Island

Ok
So this is my question
I dont know why, but after reading One piece Over and over again i couldnt forget about one think
Last island called Rafitle or whatever it name is

The treasure(One piece) supposed to be in this island
But come on
Whitebeard is already 22 years on Grand line and other Younku propobly 5-6 years and never even one of them come to this island????
that question bother me the most

SOmeone should obtain One piece by now
Log pose Eternal Pose
Or maybe there is no log pose for that ???

Ok those are my ideas

But what you think about it?

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Re: Last Island

There is already a "Raftel discussion thread". I suppose luckas or imi well merge it soon. Anyways, Raftel might be blocked by some "unatural-naturl" phenomenon, and that's why no-one has ever got in there yet.

[mod=Luckas]Thread merged.[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator: