Raftel Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Raftel Discussion Thread

the Rewards at Raftel...

• TREASURE

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • the truth...the RIO PONEGLYPH

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • a message from GOL D. ROGER (on important details e.g. the WILL of D.)

• NOTHING(the adventure of getting there was the 'treasure')

• WEAPONS (e.g. like Pluton)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (any thoughts - please reply)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neild

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
what do you think is in raftel?
i mean do people live there?is there a town in raftel island? and why can't we go directly there??i thought the earth is a circle...u CAN go through there. i mean think about it, even enel can use his ship to fly there...right??

second question is "one piece" is buried in raftel??or not..or we dont know??
i think we know from the anime only gold d roger has ever come to raftel,right?

ready to hear for your thoughts everyone!!
thanks

Title edited to make it more standout ~ bax

alekosss_kenpachi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Re: raftel

I thought that the only way to enter Grand line is from the 5 Reverse mountains!Moreover another reason u cannot go to Raftel is that noone knows it's exact location which means that u have to wander through the islands of Grand Line with ur log pose till u reach raftel.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

There is 2 main reasons that I can state here...

1. Like alekoss_kenpachi said, you need to set your Log Posse (No known Eternal Posse to Raftel revealed yet)

2. The time itself. Well, the magnetic field that changes from island to island. Some may take hours, and some may take years. So, it's so happened that when Roger discovered Raftel, we can safely said he was at the right place (on an island where the magnetic field change towards Raftel) and the right moment (when the magnetic field change).

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

wow...u are so knowledgeable..thanks man...that helps...but why people know about raftel..if they never been there...the one who told the story must have been there

Anti-panda

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well Theoretically Raftel is at the "End" of the grandline. We know roger is the only man to sail the entire grand line, and since we are told Raftel is at the end it must mean that it's either the end of the grandline, Meaning it's set up so you can exit there but not enter. Or simply once you get there your search will be at an end... but anyway you look at it Raftel is a long llloooonngg.... way off. Like years and years off to see it as One piece is comming to an end kinda thing. Should shed some light on things no matter what though cause considering roger is supposedly the only man to have made it there ... who knows.

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Anti-panda said:
Well Theoretically Raftel is at the "End" of the grandline. We know roger is the only man to sail the entire grand line, and since we are told Raftel is at the end it must mean that it's either the end of the grandline, Meaning it's set up so you can exit there but not enter.
Sure, but I'm imagining that Raftel is actually near the Logue Town, near the entrance of GL. Let me picture it...

================ ==================
=== ===
<RAFTEL> <exit only> (LT) <enter only> *this is where the whale Laboon is
=== ===
================ =================

But what people like Don Krieg who has been into the GrandLine and return, but still don't reach Raftel. here's my theory. It is because the exit of the GL also has it's own magnetic field, so all the ships can be guided there. And since, all the water in GL flow to this exit, without a Log Posse, you can still find the exit.

Raftel is hard to reach because, like I said before, the time itself. The time of when the magnetic field from the nearest island to Raftel changed and pointing Raftel. This magnetic change could be only changing once in 20 or 30 years. So, Roger was there when the magnetic field changed and pointed to Raftel. If this is the case, so it's easy to imagine why from the start of the Great Pirate Era (after Roger's death), people still don't found Raftel. Because they don't have any guidance to go there.

alekosss_kenpachi

Reaction score
Country
Greece

baxteristic said:
Sure, but I'm imagining that Raftel is actually near the Logue Town, near the entrance of GL. Let me picture it...

================ ==================
=== ===
<RAFTEL> <exit only> (LT) <enter only> *this is where the whale Laboon is
=== ===
================ =================

But what people like Don Krieg who has been into the GrandLine and return, but still don't reach Raftel. here's my theory. It is because the exit of the GL also has it's own magnetic field, so all the ships can be guided there. And since, all the water in GL flow to this exit, without a Log Posse, you can still find the exit.

Raftel is hard to reach because, like I said before, the time itself. The time of when the magnetic field from the nearest island to Raftel changed and pointing Raftel. This magnetic change could be only changing once in 20 or 30 years. So, Roger was there when the magnetic field changed and pointed to Raftel. If this is the case, so it's easy to imagine why from the start of the Great Pirate Era (after Roger's death), people still don't found Raftel. Because they don't have any guidance to go there.
And ""luckily"" this magnetic change is going to occur when luffy is on his way to raftel :)))!Now seriously Raftel is said to be the last island of the grand line.Remember when SH first entered GL they were shown a picture of how do u get from one island to another using your Log pose.Raftel seemed to be reached from different ways.Maybe there is no exit when u reach raftel.U have to return all the way back to return?

Dark Zeza

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

About Don Krieg I think he did not make it to the end. I think he came out through the Calm Belt, thats why his fleet were damage, including Mihawk's attack.

About the exit from Grand Line, if you can remember when Nami show how the loose mountain 4 ways from each blues, and 1 into Grand Line, I still doubt there is exit there.

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Ya i agree to what kenpachi said, as there is only one entrance for grandline, Maybe there is no exit when u reach raftel.U just have to return all the way back to return.

btw how to exit the grandline?through the calm belt??

then do u think in the end of one piece story, will luffy go back to his hometown?u know to meet his auntie...and do you think luffy's mother/father play an important role in this story??

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

neild said:
btw how to exit the grandline?through the calm belt??
:offtopic There's no other way thorugh the Calm Belt other than rowing or using steam engine like Puffing Tom since there is no wind. And the compass doesn't work either..

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't know If one piece is at the "end" of the grandline or not ... to be specific none of us even knows what one piece is.... It's assumed its a great treasure ... But what one person considers treasure IE> luffy's hat may just be junk to everyone else. One piece could be gold ... jewels .... Or simply one piece of the puzzle everyone else is missing .. one piece of information... who knows. But I do think it is somehow related to Ponglyphs and the Void Century ... And judging by the World Govts. reaction at Gol D. Rogers execution it is not something the govt wants people searching for. But personally One piece itself probably doesnt matter as much as being the man strong enough to claim one piece. Ie. the journey matters more than the destination itself.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

ok, so this is how it looks at reverse mountain:

there must be easier ways of getting there instead of travel around the world...
like for instance: get on top of Reverse and then paraglide down to Raftel.
in that world anythings possible so why not? :D

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

If It was that easy to get to raftel someone would have Paraglided there already. Personally I dont think Raftel is at the physical end of the grand line I think that once you proceed through the grand line far enough on any of the routes and then the Log pose will eventually set on raftel... and once you get to raftel the pose sets on the exit of the grand line then you sail there. Remember thou the strawhats haven't even crossed the red line yet, (the strip of land that pierces the grand line.) I believe that is where the marine stronghold is and that is why most pirates dont make it to the end of the grand line... but we'll see.

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

well going merry was able to fly to the sky and that's near impossible to happen. so i believe, it wouldn't hurt to try gliding from reverse mountain.

Anti-panda said:
Remember thou the strawhats haven't even crossed the red line yet, (the strip of land that pierces the grand line.)
isn't the red line the long stretch of land that's perpendicular to grandline and where Reverse Mountain resides. so practically, they crossed it. and based on BoffenJL's picture above, they would cross it again when they exit grandline.

correct me if i'm wrong here.

Dark Zeza

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Red line will intersect with grandline 2 times, since they part around the world. To think they cross 1st red line via reverse mountain, they have to cross it 1 more time to get to the exit you are talking about, if raftel is where BoffenJL said..

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Dark Zeza said:
Red line will intersect with grandline 2 times, since they part around the world. To think they cross 1st red line via reverse mountain, they have to cross it 1 more time to get to the exit you are talking about, if raftel is where BoffenJL said..
Pardon me if what I'm saying is what you meant (in that case, I agree with you), because I'll say according to what I understand. No offense.
Yes, if the Red Line is like a continuos chain of huge mountains, then it will circle the world like Grand Line. What do you mean by twice, one at the reverse mountain, and one at Raftel? There are two points which Red Line cuts the Grand Line, one Reverse Mountain, and another one woud be the other side of the globe. Basically, what BoffenJL suggested that the Raftel and Reverse Mountain are located at the same point of where the Reverse Mountain cuts the Grand Line into 2. Only they are at the opposite location.

If Rafetel is one point of Red Line which intersects with GL, and the Reverse Mountain is at the other one, then Grand Line is just half around the world.

Basically if they continue to follow the Log Posse in Grand Line, they would cross the Red Mountain if they has already sail half the world....

Dark Zeza

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

baxteristic said:
Pardon me if what I'm saying is what you meant (in that case, I agree with you), because I'll say according to what I understand. No offense.
Yes, if the Red Line is like a continuos chain of huge mountains, then it will circle the world like Grand Line. What do you mean by twice, one at the reverse mountain, and one at Raftel? There are two points which Red Line cuts the Grand Line, one Reverse Mountain, and another one woud be the other side of the globe. Basically, what BoffenJL suggested that the Raftel and Reverse Mountain are located at the same point of where the Reverse Mountain cuts the Grand Line into 2. Only they are at the opposite location.

If Rafetel is one point of Red Line which intersects with GL, and the Reverse Mountain is at the other one, then Grand Line is just half around the world.

Basically if they continue to follow the Log Posse in Grand Line, they would cross the Red Mountain if they has already sail half the world....
Yes thats what I am trying to point out. The thing I wanted to said is that, like you mentioned, red line intersect twice and raftel is at the end of the grandline. So Reverse Mountain is one, and if they want to really go to the end of grandline, they have to cross one more red line in the half of grandline. Then continue other half way to raftel.

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

o yeah i totally forgot that the world is round (silly me) and at ideally at 180 egrees across the globe of the OP world, we'll see once more the Red line.

now this question just entered my mind
does red go all the way across the entire globe? i mean isn't it like a long stretch of mountains but not long enough to cover 360 degrees of latitidue/longitude?

was it mentioned in the manga that red line goes around the whole globe and back like one circumference of the globe?

i was pretty convinced that red line goes around the world but now i just realized, was it mentioned that it goes like that?

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

well it is mentioned that the 4 seas of the world are divided by the red line vertically and the grandline horizontally so i'd say yes...
does that mean that there arent way's to sail between the seas sans crossing one of the two barriers ... I dont know.

|
west | north
blue | blue
----------------------------
south | east
blue | blue
|
If i aint mistaken... the | being the redline and the - being the granline... im to lazy to do a better graphic

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Anti-panda said:
well it is mentioned that the 4 seas of the world are divided by the red line vertically and the grandline horizontally so i'd say yes...
does that mean that there arent way's to sail between the seas sans crossing one of the two barriers ... I dont know.

|
west | north
blue | blue
----------------------------
south | east
blue | blue
|
If i aint mistaken... the | being the redline and the - being the granline... im to lazy to do a better graphic
oh yeah i remember that being said. got me confused there. okay so they're not even halfway through grandline yet seeing that they haven't seen red line again.

ok here's a question again (coz questions just kept on popping inside my head)
if red line cuts the world vertically, wouldn't it also cut grandline since both goes goes 360 degrees?
one thing is for sure if they both go round the globe, "one cuts the other"

but basing on the statements vertical/horizontal cuts, i'd pretty much bet that grandline cuts red line. why? if red line is a continuous stretch of land that forms a circle, people would virtually need to re-enter grandline

like ths:

and like this:

it's kinda crappy so i apologize. :XD